“Friendly staff, clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly staff, clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We don't normally stay in 3 star hotels while traveling. For this trip we were flying into Tucson, spending a couple of days an hour north with friends, then booked the J.W Marriott Star Pass for 3 nights.

The day before we were to fly out, the weather forecast for Chicago was predicting heavy snow. American let us change our flight to the night before, but we would be getting in very late- 11pm, so at 3pm, day of, I was trying to find a hotel close to the airport for one night.

My first choice was the Hyatt, but that was 100% full, after reading many negative reviews of other hotels close, I chose the Hilton Garden based on their positive reviews.

We arrived very late , almost midnight, and were quickly checked in by a very friendly desk person. The hotel and room were immaculate. The bed was very comfortable after a very long day. The room was average in size.

The only minor complaint was in the morning people leaving early and letting the doors slam behind them. They were heavy doors, and when we got in late I made sure to not let it slam shut.

We also had a good hot breakfast the next morning in their cafe.

All in all a good choice, and I wouldn't hesitate staying in a Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we truly value these reviews as they provide a good resource for travelers choosing hotels in the Tucson Airport area. I'll have our maintenance staff look into adjusting the door closures so they do not slam so hard. I'm glad you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the hot breakfast, the Hilton Garden Inn brand offers consistent accommodations and restaurant service. We look forward to you returning the next time your travels bring you to Tucson.

Shawn Delaney, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was in Tucson for almost one month and only stayed at this hotel overnight, while driving I've noticed how nice the pool and jaqquzzi area was, so decided to give it a try and it was awesome.
I realy enjoyed staying at Hilton Garden Inn, love their comfort beds and services are great.
Definately would love to stay at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport again next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel; our pool facility with the lazy river allows you to relax after a long day and is great to tire out the kids. We would love for you to stay longer the next time you are in Tucson, you can book online or call Marci in our Sales Department or myself and we can assist with booking your extended stay trip next year, the hotel number is 520.741.0505

See you next year,

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn while in Tucson on business. The room was very clean, and the bed was really comfortable. I checked in and went directly to my room to change before dinner. I was in my room for less than 10 minutes when I received a call from the front desk asking if everything was to my satisfaction. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are quite a few restaurants only a short distance from the hotel, ranging from fast food to sit-down restaurants. I took advantage of the business room available near the lobby on a Wednesday morning, to get a bit of work done before checking out for the day, and I was pleased with my experience. They have two computers, a printer, copy machine, etc. I was the only one in there, and had lots of room to get a bit of work done. I will certainly stay at this hotel again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to family, friends, or co-workers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and I'm glad my staff took such good care of you, we pride ourselves on communicating with all of our guests to make sure you are as comfortable as possible making our home your home away from home. The value of recommendations is priceless and we deeply appreciate you spreading the word.

Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney, General Manager
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
We arrived late, road tired and we were in our room with in 5 mins.
Wake up call was received as scheduled.
We loved the friendly staff, we slept well and breakfast was GOOD.
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful comments, the Hilton Garden Inn brand always offers speedy check in and quick access to your room. I'm hopeful that finding Quail was just as quick. We would be delighted for you to return on your next trip through Tucson.

Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager
St Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

the positives: agree with others on the staff, rooms, lack of exterior noise, well equipped business center.
the negative: noise
-it seemed like there was no insulation anywhere inside the building. we heard noise from other rooms on our floor, in the hall and from the room above. Guests in the room above caused the floor to squeak when they walked around.
-the AC/heat unit was also fairly loud. more noticeable than in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Clean, well-kept facilities overall, with big city design... for better or worse.... For instance, two rolls of good quality toilet paper actually on two separate rollers, but, windows don't open. Nice bed, comfortable ergonomic chair for the desk, internet access that works really well, and overall well-appointed room. However, off smell in bathroom (i'm guessing this has to do with the stack/vent situation), loud heater/cooler, chemical fragrance in towels and linens (not everyone thinks cheap chemical fragrance [a.k.a. "dryer sheets"] is soothing). Things run a bit hot and cold here. Great Toto toilets, but a strangely cheap shower stall with a bottom that moves, creaks, and frankly, is a bit scary, and glass doors that don't fit and easily swing around in ways you wish they didn't.

One more thing... the gulag lighting. The lighting in the bathroom was positively yellow (a coloring designed to offset the truly hideous lighting and color that they are). They are using the new light bulbs and I despise them truly & deeply. They are a scourge; unhealthy, and overall poor lighting. Yes, I am aware that all are using these now, but I just have to say that they are completely unappreciated by this traveler.

The staff is very friendly, and did secure a room for me away from the elevator, which was very nice of them. :)

In essence, the actual building/facility decisions sketchy, but the general staff is quite nice; everything works, and if you need to be okay for business - this is a good place to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your review, the staff and I value your feedback. I'm writing to let you know that we have solved the ventilation issue in the bathrooms, we did discover that the piping was misdirected in the attic and our Engineer has resolved the issue. We will look into the shower floor as it should not have any movement or noise. I understand the lighting in the bathroom is not vivid enough, we do utilize energy efficient bulbs as most hotels do, I will pass your comments along to the brand as they to value feedback like yours. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport as your destination of choice the next time your travels bring you into Tucson.

Windsor, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business, all staff is friendly, they really try hard. Small issues, no wake up call one day, no housekeeping one day, but generally friendly staff, who try hard to please. Rooms are very typical Hilton Garden Inn, but new and clean. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 2nd or 3rd floor.