“Business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Louisville, Kentucky
“Business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Everything was good at the Hilton Garden Inn. Upon my arrival, and <apparently> looking hot and exhausted as I walk up to the desk, the manager hands me a couple of cold bottles of water. I appreciated that.
"Sleep number" beds, you can dial-up your firmness.
If you have the time, they have a nice pool with a mini-Lazy River.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ratcliff, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. It was perfect for me because my training session was held right next door at the National Advanced Fire and Resource Institute (NAFRI). There are several fast food and other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. It is conveniently located near the airport, too, with a shuttle to/from the airport. The room was clean and comfortable. The on-site restaurant is open until 10 pm at night which was great since I arrived after 7:30 pm on a Sunday night. The have a very nice breakfast, too. I traveled with two co-workers and our only issue was that the website said the shuttle was for a 5 mile radius and when we asked, they said it was just a 3 mile radius. I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and one of my coworkers is a Gold member and they didn't offer to go out of their way to let the shuttle take us where we wanted to go. That's not a real big deal but it would have been nice if they would have accomodated us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators because it's a large hotel and has very long hallways.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I will never again stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I had family come over from out of town and I rented a room for them. I had the worst service ever when we were kicked out of the room at 5:30am because the next door guest complained on us. Either they should have been moved to another room or offered me another room for my family BUT NEVER ask to leave for a room that I have paid.
That is NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very nice. I have two small complaints; 1. the bar drinks are over priced and 2. housekeeping forgot to place shampoo in my room. While these are both minor complaints it holds back the hotel from getting 5 circles. The pool is nice with a great lazy river and it has a good sized work out facility. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My friend and I were on a long road trip and decided to break it up in tuscon. We chose the Hilton garden and I am so glad we did. It had nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and good food. We ate both a dinner and a breakfast there. It was almost empty but it must be because it caters to business people and we were there just before the new year. Aside from that it is still a great place. Thumbs up we say

• Stayed December 2011
Westminster, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The hotel was ok, there are better places. I could not beat the price of this hotel ($85/night). The hotel is near the airport, but remote. There is a restaurant onsite. The room is your standard Hilton Garden Inn room. The room appeared clean. I am cautious since I grabbed a bath towel and found an open container of lotion wrapped inside the towel. I began to question what else in the room wasn't clean.
I ordered room service. It took over 1 hour and the food was stone cold. The staff seemed stressed.
If you are a member of the Hilton Honors program and want a better hotel, try the Hampton Inn at the airport. It is closer to the airport and is a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Hilton is my preferred chain and Hilton Garden Inn in my preferred property. The price was excellent for a quick trip to Tucson. As with all Hilton Garden Inns, the property was clean and the bed was awesome. Room comfort (temp) was good and Wireless Internet worked well.

It is close to the airport with not much around. There's a Circle K convenience store next door as well as a Wendy's. Maybe a McDonalds too -- I think I remember seeing that. They advertise a shuttle within 5 miles but I didn't take them up on that because I had a rental car.

They advertise a non-smoking hotel so I was taken aback when I opened the door to my room and my eyes starting burning. A 23-month cancer-survivor, keep me away from 3rd hand smoke too. I know the hotel can't be faulted for the pig headed selfish person who smoked in the room - Fabreze only goes so far in cleaning. They did provide me with a different room that met their standards but shame on them for offering up the original room in the first place.

Breakfast was super!!! Assume dinner in the hotel restaurant would be just as good but did not sample. Excellent staff. Look forward to another stay if I return to Tucson.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!