“Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I will never again stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I had family come over from out of town and I rented a room for them. I had the worst service ever when we were kicked out of the room at 5:30am because the next door guest complained on us. Either they should have been moved to another room or offered me another room for my family BUT NEVER ask to leave for a room that I have paid.
That is NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very nice. I have two small complaints; 1. the bar drinks are over priced and 2. housekeeping forgot to place shampoo in my room. While these are both minor complaints it holds back the hotel from getting 5 circles. The pool is nice with a great lazy river and it has a good sized work out facility. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

My friend and I were on a long road trip and decided to break it up in tuscon. We chose the Hilton garden and I am so glad we did. It had nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and good food. We ate both a dinner and a breakfast there. It was almost empty but it must be because it caters to business people and we were there just before the new year. Aside from that it is still a great place. Thumbs up we say

• Stayed December 2011
Westminster, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The hotel was ok, there are better places. I could not beat the price of this hotel ($85/night). The hotel is near the airport, but remote. There is a restaurant onsite. The room is your standard Hilton Garden Inn room. The room appeared clean. I am cautious since I grabbed a bath towel and found an open container of lotion wrapped inside the towel. I began to question what else in the room wasn't clean.
I ordered room service. It took over 1 hour and the food was stone cold. The staff seemed stressed.
If you are a member of the Hilton Honors program and want a better hotel, try the Hampton Inn at the airport. It is closer to the airport and is a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Hilton is my preferred chain and Hilton Garden Inn in my preferred property. The price was excellent for a quick trip to Tucson. As with all Hilton Garden Inns, the property was clean and the bed was awesome. Room comfort (temp) was good and Wireless Internet worked well.

It is close to the airport with not much around. There's a Circle K convenience store next door as well as a Wendy's. Maybe a McDonalds too -- I think I remember seeing that. They advertise a shuttle within 5 miles but I didn't take them up on that because I had a rental car.

They advertise a non-smoking hotel so I was taken aback when I opened the door to my room and my eyes starting burning. A 23-month cancer-survivor, keep me away from 3rd hand smoke too. I know the hotel can't be faulted for the pig headed selfish person who smoked in the room - Fabreze only goes so far in cleaning. They did provide me with a different room that met their standards but shame on them for offering up the original room in the first place.

Breakfast was super!!! Assume dinner in the hotel restaurant would be just as good but did not sample. Excellent staff. Look forward to another stay if I return to Tucson.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

clean rooms and nice bed ,you have to pay for breakfast but its realy good one, one of the best, The hotel got a shuttle to the airport TUS. its about 10 mins ride.no good restaurent in a waking distance, but if you drive on valencia Ave, there is plenty good restaurant, excellent Mex. food, specially tacos.The fitns. center has good dumbles up to 60# , 2 benches tread mils but no cable machine. The busnss center ok +free print outs.
Got pool shapped like a river,and jacuzi but no view( could use better landscaping).The only problem is I could her what going on in the neighbour room throgh the interconect door.
c u around.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jasper, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Nice hotel..Relatively new. close to airport, without being on airport.

Not much locally in way of restaurants. If you don't want to eat at the hotel, you're driving.

Nice location if you're doing business with Raytheon by the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!