“A little pricey for what you get.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #548 of 1,584 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Tucson, Arizona
“A little pricey for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eaten at Mongolian BBQ's all over the USA and some are better than C I Chu's and some are worse. Most are less expensive, especially for lunch. I went in solo the other day, selected my ingredients and left my dish on the counter to be cooked. I then paid for my meal, received my bread and rice as well as my drink and proceeded to a booth. At the time there were six men at one table who had completed their meals, and a couple at another. At that time, the couple had not received their food, so I was number three in the line to be served. It was close to twenty minutes before I received my cooked meal and it came with no apologies or explanation as to the delay. Although, I now needed to rush to get to my next appointment, I must say everything was fresh and the food was very flavorful. Pro(s): Fresh, flavorful meats and veggies. Con(s): Way too long of a wait and expensive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“HooHum...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been to other Mongolian BBQ places where they variety and choices are almost overwhelming. Not here. They give you the basics, noodles, spicnach, veggies and sauces but nothing to write home about. The little bread and soup on the side at check out is nice but this place is really spendy for wheat you get in my opinion. They raised prices not too long ago and we have scratched this place off our "out to lunch" options. Just OK...

Visited August 2012
Alabama
“Make Your Own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We enjoyed making our own meal and having someone else cook it. We've eaten there several times and each time it is tasty.

Visited January 2012
Green Valley, Arizona
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

If you've never tried Mongolian BBQ you should visit this restaurant. You create your own meal from a buffet style setting then the chef cooks it for you. You'll leave full with plans to return.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Good food, but value is a bit iffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My husband and I tried this place on a whim when we discovered our original destination (a nearby Mexican restaurant) to be closed.

On the whole, it was a positive experience. The restaurant was clean, the staff cheerful, the food fresh (always important with Mongolian BBQ-style places) and quite tasty. The hot & sour soup was a little skimpy on the "hot" part, but a bit of the provided sriracha sauce fixed that right up. Also, they had lamb meat available, which is a big plus in my book.

Normally they'd have earned themselves a solid four stars in my book, but unfortunately, the value for our money just wasn't up to par. Dinner runs $11 a person, which with tax and gratuity came out to $30 for the two of us - for that price, the experience was a tad underwhelming (I'd expect at least table service, rather than the cafeteria-style checkout line). However, dinner is all-you-can-eat, so for people who eat a lot in one sitting, $11 for an endless bowl might represent an excellent value. I would definitely recommend this place to someone very hungry who enjoys high-quality food. But since I can't even finish one bowl in a sitting, and take-out boxes aren't allowed, it didn't feel worth the money to me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere