“Gelato looks nice, tastes ok!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Late Night
San Diego, California
“Gelato looks nice, tastes ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I know this is an "in" place, but really the offerings are just ok, and not a particularly good bang for the buck. Plus, on the night I went it was close to freezing and they were out of hot chocolate. C'mon—Tucson is cold on winter nights, and they should never run out of hot chocolate.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oklahoma
“YUMMY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good, but not the best Gelato I've tasted. I was so excited, from the pictures showing their Gelato and all of the rave reviews, to taste their offering. I must say that I was a little disappointed in the flavor, not as intense as I'm used to. They were very busy so maybe something was wrong with my taster or maybe I chose the wrong flavor. I still give it a Very Good rating because of the service and their location.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marana, Arizona
“Best Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We love the clean surroundings and great gelato! Lower calories than ice cream and any other gelato I have ever had! We look but we have never found any gelato better! Congrats to the Uof A grads and owners for an excellent establishment!!

Visited June 2012
Marana, Arizona
“Just simply the best gelato and overall experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I just couldn't stop dropping by Frost during our stay in the Tucson area. We visited three times over about a week around Thanksgiving time.

There is an exceptionally wide range of really compelling flavors, the staff is very friendly and accommodating and there's an enormous commitment to cleanliness (they are devoted to keeping the outdoor seating clean).

We were only visitors to Tucson around Thanksgiving, but will be moving there soon.

We're certain to be dropping by Frost regularly!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“So GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Frost was the first gelato store to open in Tucson and its reputation for innovation in flavor and clean design is well-deserved. You can sample every single flavor before choosing the one you want (that day, because you will return again and again). They also have delicious sorbet that tastes like fruit fresh off the vine or the tree. Portions are quite generous AND you can buy pints, or larger sizes, to take home. Luckily, there is a Frost located almost adjacent to my favorite Tucson shoe store, Fleet Feet, so I can get treats for my feet and my stomach on the same trip. HIghly recommended.

• Visited August 2012