“Definitely the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Tucson, Arizona
“Definitely the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Unlike the previous reviewer, I AM picky about pizza, and Fresco is the only place I'll order from when I'm home in Tucson. I judge a pizza place by the quality of their tomato sauce--I figure if they put heart and soul into that, the rest of the pizza will be as good. Fresco definitely puts heart and soul into their sauce, and the rest of the toppings are very fresh and generous. They have dozens of traditional and specialty pizzas, but their Great Greek is my favorite--it's like there are five or six different flavors in every bite. The crust is just as delicious as the sauce and the rest of the ingredients. It's a real struggle for me to just eat part of the medium pie and not the whole thing!

The Wilmot Road location is no longer open. The current location is at 3011 East Speedway. I've only had pizza delivered (delivery is free and fast) so have not eaten inside and cannot comment on atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, AZ
“The. Best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I love pizza. In fact I'm probably not all that picky. One of my faves is the BlackJack All Natural, usually on special at $10 for a large. i I even like Domino's. But when I want something special, Fresco's is it. Their pizza is beyond description. Even if you put the exact same ingredients on it, there is something extraordinary about the Fresco version. I've stood at the counter and watched them make it, and I still can't understand... Fresco pizza comes out of the oven bigger, juicier, tastier, just plain yummier, than any other! They also have excellent salad and desserts. The only thing missing is a dining room, because this is NOT sneak-a-slice-on-the-way-home pizza, this is fine dining get-out-the-china-and-silver pizza!

• Visited January 2012