“Good place to buy your roasted coffee beans” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #536 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Good place to buy your roasted coffee beans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stopped by only to purchase some fresh roasted coffee. There was a decent selection of coffee from a variety of places. I will say that the staff were nice but not very helpful when it came to assisting me in what kind of coffee to purchase. I was hoping that someone could or would explain the differences in strengths/flavor/character. When I asked I was given very short answers and directed to go look in the cooler.
I bought a bag of Sumatra and am happy with that purchase. It makes a very good cup of coffee in the morning.
I guess this is a good place to purchase coffee but don't count on anyone to actually help you choose what to buy.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“I love the coffee - The baked goods are overpriced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We love the coffee here. We often pick up the beans and brew at home. The baked goods are fine; but way too expensive for the amount you get. The patio is lovely.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“DISAPPOINTING....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having been to the Raging Sage many times this last time will be the last time ever. The coffee lately and today was borderline disgusting and the service has always been a bit pretentious. The icing on the cake was today when they politely informed me that they only have wifi after 5pm....WHAT?!?!?! I said its 4 now would you be able to 'turn it on' a little early? They said we don't want people sitting here for long periods of time....WHAT?!?!? They said there is Coffee X-change across the street go there....WHAT?!?!? I had already order my drink but because I needed the internet I politely asked for a refund...they said 'no'..... WHAT!?!?! This was the most disappointing coffee shop experience I've ever had. Shame on you Raging Sage.. in this kind of economy I won't be surprised when you shut down.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, NM
“Really nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I asked for a cafe with excellent coffee, this place was recommended. All of the tables inside were taken so we went outside and sat underneath orange trees. I would go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“I don't even like scones...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

...but this was the best scone I've ever had in my life. It was so great! We started with a blueberry scone, hot out of the oven. I'm not a huge fan of coconut but the coconut pecan was really good as well. And then the savory scones came out. The ham and cheese was superb! I was totally full but just kept eating it! I am not a coffee drinker so I had an Italian cream soda, which they mixed very well. The only negative--the cute little seating area outside is under orange trees, which makes for a nice atmosphere... until the oranges started falling on the tables. I will for sure come back here next time I'm in Tucson!

• Visited February 2013