“OK BBQ, Spicy sauce” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Tucson, Arizona
“OK BBQ, Spicy sauce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Jack's was OK and it is a local Tucson Landmark. I walked in with my children and was confused by what to order - multiple menus all over the walls.........AND the staff just kinda looked at us..........HELLO we are NEW here!! Finally a man from the back came an explained it all. The BBQ was GOOD, but the sauce was a bit spicy and overwhelming.........I will ask for it on the SIDE next time. I like my sauce a little sweeter. Mind you, we have lived in LOUISIANA for a time and been to Memphis and Texas for their BBQ, as well..........Just sayin'!!! So yes, we'd probably go back but it was just ok! Meats were GOOD, sides were OK, Atmosphere is definatly a BBQ joint! I'm guessing it is better for takeout and will think on that for next time.

• Visited July 2011