“Good hotel - up to usual RI standards” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Hanover, Maryland
“Good hotel - up to usual RI standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

I had a short overnight stay here in early February 2010, and I thought this hotel was up to the normal standards of Marriott Residence Inn's (which I regularly tend to stay at). I checked in at 11:00 PM, and the staff quickly and efficiently got me checked in and accommodated my room request. No issues there. When I unpacked and realized I was out of a couple of basic toiletries and internet cable, the staff gave me what I needed complimentary. One negative thing that bothers me a little about RI's is the high prices they charge for snacks/beverages from their market, and this hotel is no exception.

The room was large, clean, and comfortable. I could hear some noise from planes at the nearby airport (which my room faced), but it was faint and did not disturb me. I sept solidly through the night and late into the morning (missed the breakfast, so I can't comment on that). I didn't notice excessive noise from other guest rooms, as another reviewer noted, but then again I arrived later in the evening.

Overall, it's a good hotel, coveniently located next to the airport. I'd be willing to stay again, but I also did not find anything exceptional about it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Springfield MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I stayed here from Jan 23 -- 27, 2010 and I have no complaints at all. The check in process was quick and efficient. The room was extremely clean and had plenty of space. There was just two of us but it was nice to spread out and not feel confined. The layout of the bathroom is good. Having the sink outside saves time in the morning. The free breakfast had many choices and was very good. The staff at the front desk was helpful. The suggested many good local places to eat and we enjoyed them all. I would stay here again without a doubt.

I have not problems with the hotel being loud. However, the doors are heavy and do slam loudly when you shut them but other than that, no problems. There is a pool but it was too cool to go in (it is January after all!).

The location was excellent since we did many things in the Tucson area. It's very accessible to the highway and major roads and very close to the airport. I found it much better than staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Spent 3 nights here. Very well maintained, nice breakfast service, though staff had a little trouble keeping up with demand all three days. Staff was nice and efficient, but a bit aloof. Internet service was good, but did not work the first night I was there. Very close to airport, and you will hear some airport noise in your room, but not alot. Not the best part of town. Simple access to freeway about 2 miles away. I was in a 1 bedroom suite that was a bit larger than other Residence Inns that I have stayed at. Teens thought the pull out bed was just fine.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Here and there
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel twice in one month. The first time, I'd assumed the thin walls and noise had to do with my room, so I stayed again later in the month. That room was just as loud, so loud that I could tell which channel on the TV my neighbor was watching. I checked out early and found another Marriott property, as there is no shortage of them in Tucson. The location isn't the best, but that would have been easily overlooked.

Good things: The hotel is beautiful, polite staff, rooms large and comfortable. I really wish the walls were thicker.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

I've had bad luck at Tucson airport hotels. If you're going to FSI, you really need to stay out by the airport -- but boy, what a lousy area.

The Residence makes an unpleasant situation tolerable. The hotel is brand new and beautiful. Rooms are extremely clean and were perfect for an extended stay. The room I was in had one king bed, a couch, nice flat-screen HD TV, and a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, stovetop, dishwasher (no oven). Bathroom was small, but clean.

Each morning they had a great hot breakfast in addition to normal breakfast fare. In the evenings (Mon-Thurs) a managers reception with beer, snacks, wine, soda.

The pool was nice and had a waterfall cascading into it. It was also heated and lit -- very pleasant at night.

Exercise room was ok -- but the elliptical was in disrepair.

The WIFI in the hotel was intermittent throughout my stay. Front desk said to try the wired connection -- it didn't work at all!

Other than that though, great stay! Thanks!

• Liked — Sparkling clean and new.
  • Disliked — Internet access in guest rooms was intermittent and sometimes couldn't connect at all
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

This is an excellent place to stay particularly if you're in Tucson on business as was my situation. Had the pleasure of staying there 10 nights and I have to say the employees are the most pleasant people I've encountered in a long time. They go above and beyond in my opinion. The rooms are great with full kitchens, spacious bathrooms, large flat screen TV, work and living areas. Plenty of space and very clean. You could live there long-term if you had to and wouldn't feel cramped. If you are a breakfast person this place is definitely for you. Each morning there is a full breakfast served, everything from scrambled eggs, pancakes and waffles, homemade biscuits (excellent!), turkey bacon, hash browns and lots of fruit, yogurt and healthy cereals. Most places I stay just have the continental breakfast which is usually not that great. Evening reception was Mon. through Thursday starting at 6:00 and ending until everyone left. Each night they served a different entree (everything is complimentary) with a nice salad, potato salad or macaroni salad on the side if you wanted. There was also free wine, beer and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages as well. You can eat downstairs in the dining area (very nice with big screen TV) or take your meal back up to your room if you wanted. The outdoor pool was well kept and there was a little bar adjacent to it that opened later in the afternoon if you wanted a beer or a glass of wine. Overall I can't think of one negative thing to comment on about the Residence Inn. Oh, the evening before I was to check out I had a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers waiting for me and a card from the front desk employees thanking me for staying there. I travel all over the world with my job and have never had that happen. Very, very nice!! Will definitely return for another visit in the near future.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

We stayed the whole month of June at the Residence Inn. The kitchen staff was polite, courteous and went above and beyond with their service. The night manager was fabulous and always greeted us with a smile and kind words. If you are looking for a relaxing environment with no worries and you have to be stuck in the desert for any amount of time....this is the place to be. Keep up the great work guys!

• Liked — All around awesome!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)