“Second Home” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
“Second Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I travel a lot! My first business trip to Tucson landed me at the Residence Inn by the airport. From day one/ stay one, the staff was awesome. From shopping for my groceries, to providing advice on what to do, they never let me down. The service is so great that I am now on my 6th stay--maybe more, I've lost count. The staff is welcoming from the GM (Chris Calvin) on down to the cleaning and maintenance staff. Everyone, no matter their position, makes you feel welcome. The rooms are great, complete with kitchens and dishes. The pool is cool--literally, this is Arizona and the gym is perfect for quick workouts away from the scorching heat.
I now recommend this hotel to all of those traveling to Tucson on business with me because I know the level of service I get will extend to them. So this trip I'm here with 5 associates all staying here at the hotel. So to Chris, Jeff, Gabby, Liz, Chris, new guy at night, and the rest--thank you for giving me a home away from home.
-That is all.

Room Tip: IF you're staying with family, ask for the suites--perfect for traveling with kids.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Michael and thank you so much for the fantastic review and your great comments. We look forward to having you stay with us and really do consider you part of our family. We always look forward to your arrival and thank you so much for bringing us the extra business. I Know we will take great care of you and your team. Thank you again and as always if you need anything please call upon us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is our 2nd time staying here and I love it. The staff is pleasant and the hotel is clean and spacious. The only recommendation I would make is that it is time for some new exercise equipment. I wanted to use the treadmill and neither one worked properly. The maintenance man had to use a card to get them "unstuck". This was the only blemish on an otherwise perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello and thank you for the great comments and staying with us again for the 2nd time. I am so pleased to read that your stay was almost perfect. Thank you for the comments on the exercise equipment. We are looking into replacing both machines at this time. Thank you again and I hope we see for a third time in the near future.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was the second or third time we stayed at this Residence Inn and as usual the staff and grounds were well managed and maintained. Check-in was efficient with special attention to Rewards preferences. The breakfast and manager special were not out of the ordinary, but the pool area and trees are a welcome sight when the temps are 108 in Tucson. The hotel isn't too far off the highway, gas is reasonable in the area, and there are two Mexican restaurants within a few miles that are among our favorite places to stop.

The room we stayed in on this visit was another story. It was definitely showing its age. The water was clouded with an odd smell making it difficult to feel comfortable about washing ones face, but a bigger problem was an air conditioning system that rumbled like a Harley Davidson. At the same time, the thermostat continued cycling on and off all night long no matter what setting it was on. Unfortunately it was well past 10pm when all this came about, so to say the least we didn't sleep very well. We decided to leave early, placing a comment card with our room tip listing the problems and followed with an email while on the road to make sure the system was fixed before the next guest suffered through another night.

What surprised us was an immediate response from the hotel's general manager, Christopher Calvin. He apologized and made no excuses, blocked the room from check-ins and jumped on the repairs to the room with his maintenance staff within hours of hearing of our concerns. He then corresponded at the end of the day by email to let us know that the thermostat had been replaced and room air conditioner had been "tightened up." It turns out the clouded water is something they deal with in Tucson in the summer and the hotel does all they can to mitigate the problem.

To say the least the general manager's attention to detail makes this hotel as nice a place to stay as it is and we welcomed his courtesy and concerns. Despite this one problem, there's no doubt we'll be back the next time we're passing through Tucson.

Room Tip: Try the Crossroads Mexican restaurant, downtown on south 4th.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you so very much for your great review and wonderful comments. I appreciate the opportunity to resolve the ac and thermostat issue quickly and again I do apologize that it was an issue to start with. We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to all our guests. Issues do occur sometimes without notice and we must own them and make it right. Thank you again and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tucson.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

we were visiting a family member in Sahuarita and this location was perfect! The hotel staff were extremely friendly and the room was VERY clean. The breakfast was really good too. And the pool and basketball court a super plus specially for my kids. We will sure go back to this hotel when visiting Tucson again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hello Ana and thank you so much for the great review and your comments. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I am glad your kids enjoyed the pool and all we had to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
SANTAROSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying May 18 & 19. The hotel was immaculate and rooms large and very comfortable. When we opened the door we were amazed to see a table beautifully set with 2 placesettings all ready for dinner. A full hot breakfast was served as well as a very nice liite dinner, (sloppy joes, French fries, and salad) there was no reason to leave the hotel. We met the manager, Christopher Cavin, he was a very nice gentleman and could not have been more helpful, even to personally changing a light bulb in our room.
Do yourself a favor and stay here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hello Bill and thank you very much for our great comments and for your review of our hotel. I could not be more pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife and I enjoyed talking with you each day. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tucson.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this particular location mainly due to its proximity to Kitt Peak as we had tickets for a late night tour there recently.

We arrived early. Though our room was not ready, they let us hang out by the pool (which is very nice and a good size for this type of hotel) until it was ready.

The rooms are beautiful. We have stayed at several residence inns and this one was by fat the nicest. It feels like a much more expensive property.

The staffs as professional and attentive and the breakfast was wonderful. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hello and thank you for your great review and comments. I was so pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your entire review with my entire team during our morning huddle. Thank you again for your great review and my team and I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Tucson.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a quick trip into Tucson at the end of March. We arrived around 10:00 AM on a Saturday morning and were able to check in early to our room. In addition we was able to get a room with a patio. It was so nice to come down the warm weather and be able to sit outside and enjoy the evening. The breakfast each day was very good. The staff was very helpful for all aspects of our trip. We will be in the Tucson area again over the next couple of months and I already plan on returning to this hotel. Price is right, location perfect for us and having the outdoor space is awesome.

Room Tip: If you like to sit out there are large studio suites that have outside patios.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello and Thank you for the great review and comments. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the patio room to enjoy the warm sunshine. We are having some great weather this spring. We look forward to your return later this year. If we can do anything for you before then, please let us know. See you soon!!!

Been to Residence Inn Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!