“Great place to stay and easy to get to all of Tucson from Mon Ami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast

Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast
and 1 more site!
You added Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast
5902 East 9th Street, Tucson, AZ 85711-3223   |
Ranked #25 of 52 Tucson B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay and easy to get to all of Tucson from Mon Ami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm embarrassed that I've not written a review before. I don't always remember that these sites are out there now. My wife and I have stayed at Mon Ami many times over the past several years. It remains my favorite B&B in Tucson. The location makes it easy to get to restaurants, shopping, and the mountains. For those who may not know Tucson, Mon Ami would be considered centrally located. So, it's easy to get downtown, to the University area, to Sabino Canyon, and to all the shops and restaurants in Tucson. In the immediate area, there's a sushi restaurant, a BevMo around the corner, a Trader Joe's, a Bookmans used book store, the Summit Hut for outdoor gear, a Costco, ...well, I could go on. There are lots of things nearby. Now, the other very big plus is Pat, the owner. Friendly, funny, and a great chef. The breakfasts are huge. No need for lunch after the breakfasts at Mon Ami. The food is excellent. And Pat is a fab host. The rooms are very comfortable. We've stayed in all of them. Our favorite is the La Vie en Rose Suite, with the kingsize bed. Very comfortable room, great bed, and quiet. Pool, hot tub round things out. The hot tub after riding the El Tour de Tucson was wonderful. Our number one spot in Tucson.

Room Tip: La Vie en Rose Suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed at this B/B for about a month and I am absolutely as please as I could be. It's in a great location, which may seem "too in the city" for some, but it is remarkably secluded and includes gorgeous unobstructed views of the mountain from the front of the Inn. Pat is a wonderful host and everything is clean and well maintained. Is truly a home away from home.
I stayed in the guest house, which has everything you would need for even long term stays. WAY better than a hotel or extended stay.
Given Mon Ami is less expensive than other B/B's, it still offers much of what the others do. It is a great jumping point to explore Tucson.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed (solo) for 2 nights in April. Pat was flexible and let me check in early, which allowed me to get to my Mt. Lemmon Skywatch in time & without luggage. Room (La Vie En Rose) was spacious, King-size bed comfy, and the pillows worked for me .. tho' Pat had other types of pillows, if desired! Outside areas landscaped nicely, with dry-area plants. Several nice places to sit outside. Hot-tub with a good view of mountains. There is a pool, but I didn't use it. Spectacular Breakfasts, with balance of the sweet and the whole grain breads, asparagus crepes & and a mountainous fresh-fruit bowl (which I helped finish-off every morning). Breakfast was also great because of the other guests, so conversation and laughter flowed.
Pat also provided me with the names of restaurants she thought I'd enjoy. She's great and so's the place.
I was solo this trip, but Mon Ami would also be wonderful for couples, and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Howard Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Although when you pull up to the house, it is deceptively small looking, entering leads you into a separate wing not seen from the street that includes two wonderful rooms, one big room with a couch and fireplace and the other with a sitting room. Both with private outside doors. Makes you just want to stay in and not partake of all Tucson has to offer. The breakfasts were amazing and picture and palate perfect, which is why people post pictures of the food (before visiting I thought that was strange. Now I know why.) We Easterners hope to have a repeat visit there and certainly recommend it to all travelers to Tucson.

Room Tip: The fireplace room is the best, but the sitting room for the other bedroom has a futon/extra bed. Th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marly-le-Roi, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a wonderful time here. We stayed only for 1 night at the end of May, but we wished we could have stayed a little bit longer. Pat is very friendly and welcome us warmly in her beautiful brick house, located in a quiet street at the center of Tucson.
We had the French suite, wich accomodated perfectly my pregnant wife, me and my 5 years old son. He enjoyed the full and delicious breakfast made by our host. Waffels, mushrooms omelet and fresh fruits. We saw a cute rabbit and a shy coyote just outside the house while heading north.
Have it easy, have it "Chez mon ami"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Mon Ami B and B was the perfect place for our stay. It is located on a quiet street only two blocks from East Broadway Boulevard, where a mall, Starbucks and several restaurants are located. After a day of sightseeing we could walk to Starbucks for coffee, and then relax with our coffees back at Mon Ami in the large sunny patio area.
Our room was the very spacious La Vie en Rose room. Besides the comfortable king size bed, the room was furnished with a couch, and two chairs facing the fireplace. The room lighting was very good.
The large ensuite bathroom had plenty of counter space, good lighting, and a large mirror. There was a coffeepot and the small under counter refrigerator was stocked with water bottles and even a couple of cans of V-8!
The reasons we like staying in a B and B are the breakfasts and learning about the area from the owner. Pat’s breakfasts were FABULOUS, and each day’s menu was different. During these marvelous breakfasts we enjoyed visiting with Pat, who is a great conversationalist, with a good sense of humor. She gave us lots of information about the area, including good places to eat.
All in all, our stay was quite enjoyable, and if we ever visit Tucson again, we will stay at Mon Ami!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

We liked the convenient location (as long as you have a car), we couldn't wait for breakfast every morning, Pat is an amazing cook (she previously owned an award winning restaurant), and our stay was generally relaxing! We will be back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Mon Ami Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!