“Westin La Paloma - and with all this, warm weather and no snow!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Norwood, Massachusetts
“Westin La Paloma - and with all this, warm weather and no snow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Great place to get away for business and for recreation with everything needed for a successful conference, welcoming staff, a wide variety of restaurants and cafes for a light breakfast to a quiet meeting area. At the resort there is exceptional golf, make your tee-times before arriving, and for the more rugged outdoor types, your just behind the resorts is Sabino Canyon. At the canyon there are well marked hiking trails and a demanding 7-mile paved running-walking road.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
billp82, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Thank you for posting about your conference at La Paloma. You said it all, we offer so many options whether you are here for business or pleasure. Lots of sun and no snow! We look forward to having you return for both.
Alicia Wiley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Manchester, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel in Tucson on business and although its OK, its not as good as other Westins I've stayed in (the Atlanta one springs immediately to mind). Firsly, it is utterly vast which in itself is just one of those things, until you come to move your luggage around and to finding your room.
I went down to the lobby the first evening and the bar scene looked very smart. Unfortunately I wasn't because I'd arrived in scruffs so I didn't go in but it looked lovely. Sometimes a girl just needs to wash her hair.
The room (I paid for a mountain view - if you are there on business I'd say just don't bother, you probably aren't going to see it) was OK - it was clean and large, but you know, there was just NO character. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean but I don't know, it just needed updating, it was not welcoming.
Didn't see too much of any staff mostly because the lobby was too far from the room, parking is a bit of a way from accommodation which may be an issue with children, single women, disabled or elderly people.
I had one breakfast there, it was just fine, but somehow the place failed to sparkle for me and I'd like to see some money spent before I returned and spent more of mine; not a place I'd want to linger.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
billp82, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Thank you for you posting. I ‘m sorry to read that you did not find your stay at La Paloma memorable. As a resort we hope to make every guest’s stay special and we did not create this feeling for you. I hope you will have a chance to return and spend some relaxation time by the pool or at the Red Door Spa.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Great Trip, very professional hotel for a convention and FRIENDLY STAFF.
Dawn Glass the senior reservations coordinator went ABOVE and BEYOND to accomdate my team. She is a true professional in the hospitatlity industry.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about our Friendly Staff which includes Dawn Glass. She always goes above and beyond for each and every guest.
Orange Couunty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

The team at the Westin La Paloma are an absolute joy to work with. My company had several members of our team, as well as several of our clients, staying at the property for a recent event. Dawn Glass, our onsite reservations point person, went above and beyond to make sure my client's requests and expectations were not only met, but surpassed. I look forward to staying at the property in the near future and working with the supportive staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting. We all look forward to having you return with your team and your clients.
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

This is my second stay here at The Westin. The first was in August for 2 weeks. Now I'm back 6 months later and everyone still remembered me. Great service starts from the minute I step to the reception desk. Daniel Figueroa has been my host both times. Danny sets the benchmark for professionalism and costomer service. I find this very important since I travel often and there are a lot of hotels/resorts to choose from. I could stay at any number of newer resorts in the Tucson area. Although the TV in the room is dated and not HD, Westin makes up for it by hiring quality employees like Danny who make you feel like family during your stay. Aside from the employees the restraunts pools, golf and tennis are all first class.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting about both of your stays at La Paloma. Exciting news – We are in the process of replacing all of our tv’s in the guest rooms with 42” flat screens. We look forward to your 3rd stay and let us know how you enjoy the new flat screens. Danny will be here to check you in.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The Westin's staff is 100% accommodating, from the front desk to the room service. They went out of their way to make my short trip as comfortable as possible, and were always attentive. The rooms and restaurants at the hotel are great - there is simply no better hotel in Tucson than the Westin La Paloma.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about our accommodating associates. We look forward to having you return to Tucson and La Paloma. We hope you will have time to stay longer with us on your next visit.
Goodyear, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

This was my second stay at this so-called resort. Shame on me. I believe that we will part ways as host and guest. My recent stay (at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa) was disturbing in the lack of customer service. I checked in late at night wearing a cervical collar due to recent spinal fusion. The night desk manager told me that "someone" would be down to the parking lot to help with my baggage than promptly disappeared. The rooms are seperated from the lobby and parking by quite some distance. After waiting 20 minutes in the parking lot, and observing other guest dragging their own bags off to their own rooms, it was obvious to me that navigation in the dark carrying my laptop and garment bag was my only option. Thanks for helping me strain my neck and back. Additionally, the next day it was obvious that care of the "resort" is a low priority based on the trash and empty beer cans and bottles strewn around the grounds and stairwells of the room-blocks. The room itself was dated and the some of the furniture was broken. Return to a "resort" that disrespects guest and displays a cavalier attitude towards guests' safety is not an option.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about your stay. We are fully committed to continuous improvement and definitely appreciate every suggestion from our guests.
I deeply regret that we fell short of your expectation of world-class quality, something that our guests have come to expect of Westin Hotels & Resorts.
As this is not indicative of our usual service we provide to guests, we hope you will return and let our staff show you the quality of service you expect and deserve.
William Petrella

Been to Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!