“Beautiful views, great service, comfy rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 127 hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, AZ
“Beautiful views, great service, comfy rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Westin La Paloma is one of the nicest Westin resorts around. The Westin name already has a good reputation but this place is awesome. Their pools are great and the property is absolutely gorgeous. It's nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina mountains in Tucson. As such, you may find some interesting critters running around. In the evening on the way back to our room a bobcat was wandering around, presumably looking for rabbits. Shortly after seeing the cat, some staffers came by on a cart (there are many carts because the resort is so expansive) and assured us they're harmless and can be spotted quite often due to the resort's proximity to natural areas.

The resort is also near several great restaurants and shopping areas. Definitely a nice place to go and relax. I don't have children but it seems to be a popular place for families, though not so bad that those of us without kids are not troubled by it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
debtucson, Assistant to the General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
I am so glad to see that you were able to relax at La Paloma and also had a chance to see a bobcat. As we are located next to the Catalina Mountains the opportunity to view and observe wildlife is always prevalent. The resort offers families and couples alike the chance to splash in the pool as they fly down the slide or relax quietly under the mesquite trees by the waterfall.

Thank you for your posting and I hope you have a chance to return to La Paloma soon.

1,601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

We just returned from a weekend soccer tournament in Tucson and the resort was wonderful. There we alot of other soccer teams staying there but the atmosphere was not hectic and loud but very calm and enjoyable. I am recovering from a broken leg and still am on crutches which made getting around very difficult which I would say is the only complaint I have. You need to do ALOT of walking at the resort and I just couldn't. The pool staff & Sabino's staff were awesome and we would definitely recommend the resort to anyone. Cudos to all employees!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
debtucson, Assistant to the General Manager, William Petrella at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
I am so glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the Westin La Paloma while you were attending the soccer tournament. As you noticed we take great pride in our staff and always strive to meet every guest’s expectations. We always have our surreys available to assist anytime we can to escort you around the resort with or without crutches. I hope you will have the occasion to return for a getaway or another tournament and can enjoy the resort amenities with out a broken leg.

Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I merely wanted to second what my husband said below. The La Paloma is an incredible resort, in a beautiful location. Any hotel can have a bad stay, or not meet the particular desires of one individual. We, however, found this to be among the best Starwood property we've stayed at.

Now that we've joined the La Paloma CC we will be enjoying the experience over and over again from here on out.

Thank you to the staff and managment of the Westin La Paloma.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife and I are ABA Corporate members of Starwood Preferred guests and have stayed at many of these properties throughout the world (including all over Europe and in Cairo). We live in Tucson but had a free stay via the SPG rewards program so we decided to use this as part of our Anniversary weekend.

We opted for the very affordable upgrade to a Resort Suite which was beautiful and huge. There was plenty of room for our two year old and 3 month old. The staff had a roll away crib and bed ready for our arrival and we were also greeted by a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room.

We thoroughly enjoyed all of the dining options and the immaculate pool and swim-up bar.

The hotel recommended a local babysitting company who watched our two children from 6pm - 10pm while we enjoyed a night to ourselves at the downstairs restaurant/bar.

Because we enjoyed our stay so much, we have now joined the La Paloma Country Club in order to use the facilities on a weekly basis.

I would highly recommend this resort to all of my friends and family. Great rate, great resort and top-notch service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Room was very clean and there were many things to do on site. The gym was awesome lot of space and there were multiple pools. I loved the view from the room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
debtucson, Assistant to the General Manager, William Petrella at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 1, 2009
I would like to thank you for posting how you enjoyed the many amenities both natural, the Catalina Mountains and the hotel's, with the pools, 27 hole Jack Nicklaus golf course, workout room and much more.

We look forward to welcoming you back to La Paloma.

Regards,

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I was booked for a four night stay at the Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa for my 20th reunion (July 29-August 2, 2009). I know the hotel well as a meeting planner, but have never stayed on property as an event attendee. As mentioned in my other reviews, I believe in highlighting the positive and the items that need improvement in my reviews.

My experience as a guest was overall very positive. In general the staff was friendly and accommodating. My sleeping room was a nice size but a bit outdated. The rooms are however clean and have all the amenities expected at a Westin. The bathrooms are a decent size with a bathtub, two sinks, and a separate shower. Liked the little decorative frosted window in the bath allowing some daylight to trickle in. My room had a nice sized balcony (which was too hot to use in Tucson in July). The room was located on the third floor facing the pool. The view wasn’t all that great, and the noise from the pool was a bit much at times. With the window closed however I could barely hear a peep. I understand my room was one of the few who had received the new LCD-TVs.

Checking out was a bit of a hassle. I needed to check out at 1am and since the night had not yet been posted to the account, the front desk was not able to check me out on the phone. The person answering the phone acted annoyed I was checking out at this unconventional time and told me to “just leave the keys in the room, and would not be able to give me a receipt, or give me a total due”. I shared that was OK, and would just leave the keys and leave. It took a friendly bellman only about 5 minutes to show up and transport my luggage to my car.

Overall my stay at La Paloma was positive and I would stay there again if the opportunity arose.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
debtucson, Assistant to the General Manager, William Petrella at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
I would like to thank you for posting your comments about the Westin La Paloma, both the physical aspects and the personal connection with our staff. It’s these details that are always so important.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to enjoy cooler weather on the patio!

Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

The Westin La Paloma was the site for a work conference. This was my second trip to the La Paloma and each time was beautiful. In the foothills on a nature preserve surrounded by birds, critters and saguaro cacti. The rooms are spacious with the "Heavenly Beds" which they are. Food, service and accomodations were what you would expect from a Westin. I would return to this resort for personal reasons if I ever found myself back in Southern Arizona.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for posting about how much you enjoyed your stay at The Westin La Paloma. We hope you will have an opportunity to return to Tucson, whether for business or pleasure to relax in our heavenly beds and rejuvenate with nature.

We look forward to welcoming you back to La Paloma.

William Petrella

Been to Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!