“Fabulous Stay, So relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous Stay, So relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The staff at the Westin La Paloma was amazing. I felt like a VIP upon my arrival! Needless to say I am far from a VIP, after crying all the way through security because this was the first time leaving my young baby at home, I arrived with running mascara, in need of rest. Jose coordinated with the staff to have someone pick up my breast milk daily to put in a freezer!

Jennifer, a waitress at Azul, had her manager go and "OPEN" the Starbucks after hours to make a cappucino, because they were having trouble with the espresso machine at the restaraunt!

The manager of the pool bar/snack area hand crafted an ice coffee for my colleague and I ~ and ice coffees are not even on the menu!

Marilyn, at the Red Door Spa, gave me an amazing massage, spent extra time making sure I was relaxed and was very attentive to my problem areas!

Jesus assisted me to my car the last day, helped me load everything and even gave us a "cart ride" back to our room after I realized I had forgotten something.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool is AMAZING! You feel so relaxed the moment you walk in. The lobby is spectacular and it even SMELLS relaxing.

My colleague worked with the concierge in scheduling a one-on-one guided hike of the Catalina Mountains! She organized everything for her!

Room Tip: Mountain view is quiet and restful, pool view ALSO has an amazing mountain view, and hte pool ground...
Green Features: Even though we "chose to go green" we had anything we needed as far as service to our room .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your praises of our associates. As this was a trying time for you, with being the first time away from your baby, I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a relaxing, soothing atmosphere. Our staff is intuitive to our guests, ready to craft the perfect experience for both business and pleasure. As you noted, they have both the knowledge and the desire. I hope you may return in the future to enjoy precious moments together with your family at La Paloma. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dear William Arce and DeAnn:
It was a pleasure to meet you both during my recent business trip and I can't thank you both for exhibiting such gracious customer service to me in the dining facilities during my visit. You both went beyond the call of duty by accomodating my dietary request for extra veggies and fruits for my entries to make the US Surgeon General proud of the serving portions you delivered. My tummy was extremely pleased with your generous actions for you added that extra touch to make my trip very memorable. Gracias and thank you once again.
Elizabeth P

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your sentiments of the service William and DeAnn provided for you during your recent visit. I am just as pleased as they are to read your compliments. I would like to have you return to La Paloma to relax and rejuvenate to continue your healthy lifestyle. We will be here ready to serve you more delicious and healthy culinary delights. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was staying here to attend a family wedding. The property is beautiful, located in the foothills of the mountains just north of Tucson, with breathtaking views of the mountains and surrounding desert. The wedding and reception were both held on the property, and everything went perfectly. I was not involved in the actual planning of the ceremony, but I was told by those who were, that the staff was outstanding and went out of their way to accomodate all the wedding guests. The food at the reception was delicious, and again the service was excellent! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone planning a large gathering, or just as a romantic weekend getaway!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing and recommending The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for a family gathering as well as a quiet getaway for two. There are many anniversaries celebrated every year that began with a beautiful wedding at our Resort. I look forward to having you return for a vacation and begin a tradition of your own. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently attended a conference at Westin La Paloma. It included a big lunch with a speaker. Although the event was big and fancy, I could not help but notice my exceptional server. He made me feel like I was royalty, going over the top with everything. I found out his name was William Arce, and he is such a jewel! Thank you to William for his kindness and hard work, it did not go unappreciated. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your luncheon with us. The personal touch that our associates provide definitely completes the ambiance. Please join us soon for more of our exceptional cuisine and service. We have just completed the renovations in AZuL and AZuL Lounge and I’m sure you will enjoy the new décor. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We are holding a medical conference here this week and having a wonderful experience! Peter Mnatzaganian and his staff are very attentive and ready to assist with anything we need! The property is beautiful, with pools, golf, tennis courts and spa. The guest rooms are very spacious, and recently renovated. Most important to us is the success of our meeting and happiness of our attendees. This is the second time we have been to this property and worked with Peter, and this experience is just as good as the first time. We plan to return in the future! Carol

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Peter and I would like to thank you for sharing how we provided a great conference for you and your guests. Teamwork between you and Peter, along with our renovation, is undeniably a recipe for success. I look forward to having you return for a 3rd conference in the near future. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Palmdale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I, on a trip through Tucson, visited the Westin LaPaloma resort to check out its suitability for a future reservation. At the front desk we were courteously greeted by Denise F who made us feel very welcome. During our discussion she provided a detailed, verbal description of the beautiful resort and also maps and illustrations of the property. She then graciously arranged for a tour of a specific suite of the type that would show what we could expect if we made a lodging reservation there in the future.

Tommy, of the concierge staff, then drove us around the property and guided us through the suite while explaining its features and what we could expect of other suites and amenities.

We were impressed with the Westin LaPaloma resort, its amenities and beautiful golf courses. If the rest of the staff on the property is as cordial and knowledgeable as Denise and Tommy we are confident our future visit there will be very enjoyable.

Thanks, Denise and Tommy, for taking time to satisfy our curiousity.

Ron & Kitty

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you had an opportunity to stay with us while traveling through Tucson. I am delighted to read why you will be choosing The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for a future vacation. I most certainly can assure that you will be greeted with a smile by all our associates, eager to assist and make your stay memorable. Please call us directly for your next stay, as we may begin your journey by creating a wonderful vacation with you, before you even arrive. I hope to be able to greet and meet you soon. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After having just spent five days at this beautiful resort for a conference, I can genuinely say this is one of the nicest and most accommodating places I have ever stayed. The staff was extremely helpful in every possible way, and the food for each of our plated meals and events was absolutely amazing. One of the associates William Arce was phenomenal, always checking up on us to see if there was anything else that he could do to help, not to mention going out of his way to help us set up during our event. Excellent experience, would definitely return again thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms in building H had a beautiful view of Tucson at night.
Green Features: They are extremely environmentally-friendly, and offer a food/meal voucher in return for not changing your sheets every day that you are there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your conference with us. We do have the perfect surroundings as well as extraordinary cuisine and service staff to create a memorable stay for both business and pleasure. I look forward to seeing you back to The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in the very near future. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager