“Superb Wait Staff Service” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 127 hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Superb Wait Staff Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dear William Arce and DeAnn:
It was a pleasure to meet you both during my recent business trip and I can't thank you both for exhibiting such gracious customer service to me in the dining facilities during my visit. You both went beyond the call of duty by accomodating my dietary request for extra veggies and fruits for my entries to make the US Surgeon General proud of the serving portions you delivered. My tummy was extremely pleased with your generous actions for you added that extra touch to make my trip very memorable. Gracias and thank you once again.
Elizabeth P

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your sentiments of the service William and DeAnn provided for you during your recent visit. I am just as pleased as they are to read your compliments. I would like to have you return to La Paloma to relax and rejuvenate to continue your healthy lifestyle. We will be here ready to serve you more delicious and healthy culinary delights. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

1,626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was staying here to attend a family wedding. The property is beautiful, located in the foothills of the mountains just north of Tucson, with breathtaking views of the mountains and surrounding desert. The wedding and reception were both held on the property, and everything went perfectly. I was not involved in the actual planning of the ceremony, but I was told by those who were, that the staff was outstanding and went out of their way to accomodate all the wedding guests. The food at the reception was delicious, and again the service was excellent! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone planning a large gathering, or just as a romantic weekend getaway!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing and recommending The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for a family gathering as well as a quiet getaway for two. There are many anniversaries celebrated every year that began with a beautiful wedding at our Resort. I look forward to having you return for a vacation and begin a tradition of your own. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently attended a conference at Westin La Paloma. It included a big lunch with a speaker. Although the event was big and fancy, I could not help but notice my exceptional server. He made me feel like I was royalty, going over the top with everything. I found out his name was William Arce, and he is such a jewel! Thank you to William for his kindness and hard work, it did not go unappreciated. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your luncheon with us. The personal touch that our associates provide definitely completes the ambiance. Please join us soon for more of our exceptional cuisine and service. We have just completed the renovations in AZuL and AZuL Lounge and I’m sure you will enjoy the new décor. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We are holding a medical conference here this week and having a wonderful experience! Peter Mnatzaganian and his staff are very attentive and ready to assist with anything we need! The property is beautiful, with pools, golf, tennis courts and spa. The guest rooms are very spacious, and recently renovated. Most important to us is the success of our meeting and happiness of our attendees. This is the second time we have been to this property and worked with Peter, and this experience is just as good as the first time. We plan to return in the future! Carol

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Peter and I would like to thank you for sharing how we provided a great conference for you and your guests. Teamwork between you and Peter, along with our renovation, is undeniably a recipe for success. I look forward to having you return for a 3rd conference in the near future. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Palmdale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I, on a trip through Tucson, visited the Westin LaPaloma resort to check out its suitability for a future reservation. At the front desk we were courteously greeted by Denise F who made us feel very welcome. During our discussion she provided a detailed, verbal description of the beautiful resort and also maps and illustrations of the property. She then graciously arranged for a tour of a specific suite of the type that would show what we could expect if we made a lodging reservation there in the future.

Tommy, of the concierge staff, then drove us around the property and guided us through the suite while explaining its features and what we could expect of other suites and amenities.

We were impressed with the Westin LaPaloma resort, its amenities and beautiful golf courses. If the rest of the staff on the property is as cordial and knowledgeable as Denise and Tommy we are confident our future visit there will be very enjoyable.

Thanks, Denise and Tommy, for taking time to satisfy our curiousity.

Ron & Kitty

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you had an opportunity to stay with us while traveling through Tucson. I am delighted to read why you will be choosing The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for a future vacation. I most certainly can assure that you will be greeted with a smile by all our associates, eager to assist and make your stay memorable. Please call us directly for your next stay, as we may begin your journey by creating a wonderful vacation with you, before you even arrive. I hope to be able to greet and meet you soon. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After having just spent five days at this beautiful resort for a conference, I can genuinely say this is one of the nicest and most accommodating places I have ever stayed. The staff was extremely helpful in every possible way, and the food for each of our plated meals and events was absolutely amazing. One of the associates William Arce was phenomenal, always checking up on us to see if there was anything else that he could do to help, not to mention going out of his way to help us set up during our event. Excellent experience, would definitely return again thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms in building H had a beautiful view of Tucson at night.
Green Features: They are extremely environmentally-friendly, and offer a food/meal voucher in return for not changing your sheets every day that you are there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your conference with us. We do have the perfect surroundings as well as extraordinary cuisine and service staff to create a memorable stay for both business and pleasure. I look forward to seeing you back to The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in the very near future. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me preface this by saying I am not a resort traveler - I would rather be out there with the locals than sequestered away on the edge of town, where they offer "Waxing Wednesdays" and golf. However, the weather was beautiful (in early October), the mountain scenery lovely, and pools galore - including a water slide and a swim-up bar. So if you have to be trapped in a resort (or if you like to be trapped in a resort), this is a nice one. For what you get, the price was quite reasonable - $145/night when I was there. Large rooms, big bathrooms with separate shower and tub. Small deck outside the room overlooking the hills or the pool. Everything very much up to date and newish.

One downside is it is not easy to get off the hotel grounds - and it can get old eating from the same restaurant two or three times a day. They do offer a complimentary shuttle up to 10pm that can take you out within a ~3-mile radius... but within that radius is mostly other resorts and a fancy mall. To get into town and try out some of the local Mexican food or mingle with locals, you will need to either have a car, or get a cab - and it can take a while for a cab to come, and they are not cheap since you really are on the perimeter here (~$50 cab ride from the Tucson airport).

The resort is also dog-friendly.

Green Features: They offer a $5 credit for forgoing full made service, but isn't it a bit of a charade to take the mantel of environmental sustainability when you have a big resort out in the desert? Just the number of plastic water bottles they go through each day must be enormous.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing how we may have won you over as a resort destination. I am delighted to read you enjoyed many of our amenities while you were “trapped” here. We are on the perimeter of the city of Tucson, nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains with the great mountain views. I do hope you will be back to Tucson and will choose The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for your stay. Be well and I look forward to having you as our guest. Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Been to Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!