My husband and I are early 30's and have done a fair amount of traveling. We traveled to Tucson for a wedding. There were approx. 30 travelers in our group.
The grounds and rooms of this hotel are lovely and we paid a very reasonable price for the beauty this hotel brings. Rooms were reasonably priced, but food and drinks, although delicious, were pricey.
The bride and groom told me they went through 4 different coordinators during their planning process (something to know if you are considering a wedding here). This ultimately leads to things not being communicated. At one time their group reservation was lost and they were told the hotel was full and couldn't accommodate them. Eventually that was worked out. Once there, the physical location of their ceremony was recorded incorrectly, which they didn't find out until they were shuttled to their rehearsal. That forced them to scramble around the day before their wedding to correct and work out the details. (The current coordinator was very accommodating and sympathetic). After the wedding the shuttle came to get the guests, while the bride and groom took photos. However, the shuttle never came back for the newlyweds!!! After some time they called the front desk and was told a shuttle would be there in 5 minutes, which showed up 20 minutes later causing them to miss all but 10 minutes of their cocktail hour reserved on a separate patio. In addition, the bride and groom paid for the guests to have dinner in the restaurant as part of their reception and the table they were at was the THIRD table (of 4) to get their dinner entree. The bride and groom WERE NOT served first!!! What!?!? All the guests couldn't believe that happened.
Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Service was fairly slow which didn't bother me, but most of the service staff was cold, unfriendly, snippy, and I felt to be a bother when I (rarely) asked for something.
I want to love this hotel as it is beautiful, but the service is lacking.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Hotel
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson’s iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $30 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort’s renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177â€™ Sidewinder water-slide; Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; Westin WORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and six exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Booking.com, Amex, Otel, Tingo, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.