“The Best Of Tucson” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria, Arizona
“The Best Of Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

When visiting Tucson this is THE place to stay. Close enough to town to be accessible but at the foot of the Catalina's to allow in the beauty of the high desert.. The rooms are spacious, ultra clean and comfy, balconies overlooking the grand view. The grounds themselves are well appointed everything within simple walking distance. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure I believe it has all you need. Work out (with scheduled classes if you want to join in) awesome pool area for both adults and kids (waterslide was great fun), the food is fabulous and not too pricey, and my favorite lobby perk a Starbucks on property. There is coffee service in the rooms with the Starbuck's brand as well.

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa on property as well, I had the pleasure of enjoying this treat during my stay, so very relaxing.

Golf, Tennis Anyone? They do it well. The staff is friendly professional, warm and helpful. An added bonus for a Arizona hotel their parking facility is covered, now there is some that are not but the large amount of spaces are and during the summer months in AZ that is an invaluable perk.

I have stayed at all of the resorts in the area and I was so impressed with this property I will visit again and soon I hope. The Westin La Paloma is clearly and most impressively the best in Tucson.

Room Tip: The Westin is sity=uated almost as a valley under the Catalina's I would definatley ask for a go...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing the many reasons why we are THE place to stay. We do offer many amenities for relaxing and rejuvenating. As you mentioned the greatest reason we are THE place for a staycation is we have THE best of everything at the resort along with more dining and shopping nearby. I do look forward to seeing you soon either on the tennis court, golf course or the workout room. The Red Door Spa has many options for you to relax after a day of activity.
Stay well,
Glenn Sampert, General Manager

1,486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my fifth year staying here. I can't say enough about it. The rooms are lovely and were newly remodeled this year. The staff is friendly and helpful - they just can't do enough for you. The grounds are gorgeous and so peaceful. The pools and hot-tubs are always clean and the views are incredible! A+ all around!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good, but try to be on an upper floor to really enjoy the views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest to The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. This is a delight to read how you enjoy staying year after year. We take great pride in our resort and enjoy showing off our newly renovated guest rooms, along with the pools and the many other rejuvenated areas. I look forward to seeing you for your 6th return in 2014. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Whiteriver, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here during my conference. The hotel was century renovated and the rooms are wonderful. The decor has changed I the rooms and I enjoyed it. The bed is comfortable and I had wonderful sleep. The new tubs are narrow and make it easy to shave and soak. I loved the pool. But I wish the slides were open later. People complained about being yelled at with kids at the adult pool. But after dark I found it filled with teens and kids. This is my only complaint. The banquet manager during the conference was great for my allergy. They got me new food freshly prepped for each meal. I loved this vist.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing how you enjoyed your conference at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. I’m glad to read you like the new décor along with the personalized service for your meals. We pride ourselves on providing courteous, professional service for our guests. I hope you may return again soon to enjoy more leisure or business time with us.
Stay well,
Glenn Sampert, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We held the reception for our daughter's wedding in one of the ballrooms at La Paloma and it was wonderful. The setting, with the view of the Catalina Mountains from the balcony, the spacious foyer and the ballroom itself allowed us to host 200 people seamlessly. The staff was professional and attentive and worked with our team to execute a flawless event. This made it possible for my husband and me to focus on celebrating the joyous evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your sentiments of your daughter’s wedding reception with us at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. I am delighted to read we were able to provide a wonderful evening that all could enjoy. I look forward to seeing you return together to enjoy future anniversaries with your children and create more memorable moments together.
Stay Well,
Glenn Sampert
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Newly renovated with over $35 million, the rooms are gorgeous. The staff was accessible and friendly. Working in a service industry I expect to have some gaps in service. At this resort exceptional service reigned supreme. There are daily activities from dawn until dusk. Pick your passion - yoga, zumba, dive in movie, nature walk, pool party. Tons of things to do and a hotel shuttle that will take you to some close attractions. I also had a chance to have a massage at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa - again, exceptional service. If you are in the Tucson area make it a point to spend a night or a few!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our recent renovations and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We are also happy to hear that you were able to experience our numerous resort amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The resort is stunning! The newly-remodeled rooms were also amazing - I was pleasantly surprised with how spacious they were. The property is well laid out and easy to get around. Even though my stay was for a conference, the ambiance of the resort made it feel like a vacation stay!

The hotel staff were excellent ambassadors as well. Peter M on the banquet staff was so attentive and helpful. He made me feel like a real VIP my entire stay. I will definitely return for an Arizona staycation because of my excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms and that you found our staff to be attentive and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Tempe, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The property is in a beautiful setting, in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains. The summer packages are very reasonable for this well-kept, clean property. Here are a few of my complaints, which aren't anything that would cause me NOT to go back; although somewhat irritating.

Parking is horrible! Very limited, everyone parks in the fire lanes and you have to wait for a golf cart to take you to your room. The bell hop/valet staff is very understaffed and very hard to find while they are taking every single guest to their rooms via their process.

Next complaint...I understand their is a new movement in the US (at least I've noticed very common at resort properties) to include a tip with every food/drink purchase; at Paloma it's 19%. Although I understand the nature of cheapskates, this causes an indifferent attitude by the service staff at this property. The bartender at the pool was very disinterested and provided poor service. The restaurant was slow and unapologetic about the wait time for food, rarely refilled drinks and also seemed to be irritated with conference attendees who were on schedule constraints.

Last complaint: my family was looking forward to enjoying many of the workout classes offered by the resort. As we planned our day, we'd go to the gym and find that class after class were cancelled. When we asked why, they said the instructor did not show...The only classes available, ready to go were the pro tennis and pro golf classes which both required a fee. Wish they would've been better staffed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the parking lot, in case you have to walk to your room, otherwise, be prepar...
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. While we are happy that you enjoyed our setting and overall experience, we are sorry to hear that you ran into a few issues. We truly appreciate your feedback and will take your comments regarding the workout classes and dining staff back to our team. We take our guest comments seriously and try our best to incorporate suggestions so that we can ensure we meet or exceed our guests' expectations.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Been to Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!