“Excellent venue and exceptional service for wedding” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent venue and exceptional service for wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Beautiful setting for the wedding reception. I cannot say thank you enough to the staff for their assistance throughout the event. The senior catering manager Donal Drayne was most wonderful to work with. He not only assisted us through all the necessary details of the wedding, but also was very accommodating with all last minute requests. Even though there was a different operation manager running the reception, Donal still checked in with us regularly to ensure everything flow beautifully. Another exceptional individual is Mr. William Arce. His service and attitude are top notch. He even noticed the bride was having a little cough and served up a delightful cup of ginger and green tea to sooth. All guests were attended to with a smile and politeness. Every time i asked for adjustment of room temperature, light, food, or drink, all was done with amazing promptness.
I would definitely return here for any event in the future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our setting and that we are able to provide a memorable wedding to the bride and her guests. We are glad that you found our staff to be exceptional and friendly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This newly renovated property ranks high on my list of favorites. Each room has a nice sized balcony the the grounds are spotless. The pool area was still undergowing a renovation but upon completion it will be fantastic. They have some of the best pool furniture I have ever seen at a resort. The staff is simply fantastic. Everyone greets you with a hello and some outstanding folks who deserve mention are Phyllis and Matt at the front door and "the pool slide lady". They have a Starbucks counter which is nice and the restaurant is great for dinner. I would not hessitate to return to this property for another visit.

Room Tip: Room 320 had a great view of the mountains and golf course
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and pool area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent and spacious rooms, beautiful grounds, great golf course! Main pool was closed for renovations, but the country club pool was very nice, as well as the tennis and exercise facilities. The public areas were very nicely appointed, with lobby bar, restaurants, and a Starbucks on site. The staff was very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and that you were able to experience our newly rejuvenated Jack Nicklaus golf course.

NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, from the airy room with a lovely view, to the many pools and hot tubs and good food. Most memorable for me was the amazing staff and instructors at the workout center. There was a good variety of exercise classes and equipment available every day, something for all levels and abilities. The instructors were very well- qualified and attentive to individual needs. I especially need to thank Gina Rhine, who conducts the postural fitness class. She gave me an individualized workout, taking care that I performed each exercise correctly, and gave me guidelines for continuing the program at home. Her commitment to helping people get fit and willingness to go the extra mile or two is exceptional.

Room Tip: Better views from second or third floors, facing the outside of the properties. Corner rooms have an...
Dear Alice,

Thank you for sharing about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and that you were able to experience our numerous resort amenities including our newly renovated Westin Workout.

Pikeville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was travelling to Tucson on business and my flight was exceptionally long and uneasy, I had rented a car to drive out to the resort and what i found was one of the most beatiful places in the US. The climate was incredible, the views of the mountains and desert was awesome! By now now I am starting to relax, little did I know how much that i would relax. The folks at the front desk were so nice and helpful, the valet had taken care of my car and when I was walking outside and heading to my room one of the guys in a golf cart came by and asked if i wanted a ride and I said sure. He showed me around the grounds and took me to my room (he also showed me the shortcut back to the main lobby). Room was clean and spacious, view was awesome. Highly recommend this resort. I could keep talking about it, I am ready to go back!!

Room Tip: suites in section D near the clubhouse, the views of the golf course with the mountains rising behin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are happy we were able to provide you with a relaxing and rejuvenating experience during your business trip.

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was so impressed with the staff from the person who gave me a golf cart ride to my room to the waiters. They work really hard and I'm sure long hours but very nice. The room was very spacious although I would recommend requesting a room off the ground floor just to have a better view. It's perfect for couples or families with multiple pool areas.

Dear Louise,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't think I have ever felt so welcomed in a hotel before in my life. I arrived late at night after a long trip and Ceci Bosworth was at the front desk. I was speechless (and very emotional) by the quality of her service, and how helpful and caring she was. The room was very nice and spacious, food was good and I had a really good time in my conference. Very nice pools and a big waterslide, and I was blessed with perfect and beautiful weather. I only wish my stay would be longer, but I will definitely try to come back.

Dear Andres,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be best in class and that they contributed to your overall experience.