Everything about my stay here was mediocre. It wasn't spectacular and it wasn't bad. It would have been a 3 star but for the fact that the hotel is branding had both the word "Westin" and "Resort" in it, and charges like one... but doesn't deliver
The buildings are scattered on the grounds, and when you arrive at your building, you're greeted by some extremely loud elevators (try not to get a room near them) Beside the elevators which are outdoors, are very loud ice machines. The whole thing had an odd motel feel to it.
As noted by other travelers, the rooms are dated. The guest rooms themselves are decently sized, but seem to require updating of carpets, plumbing. You're sufficiently far away from the main roads that you don't hear any noise. However, due to the distribution of the buildings and the location of the parking lot, you'll be walking quite a bit if you self-park.
The shared space (lobby, restaurants, etc.) are extremely well presented. However, the same couldn't be said of rooms. The complementary breakfast was decently made, but it was next to impossible to get attention from the wait staff.
All this would have made the hotel a solid 3. But this is a "westin resort", and charges according to that title. That's where I have the bump the hotel down a point because it doesn't hold a candle to the other Westins I've stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson’s iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $30 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort’s renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177â€™ Sidewinder water-slide; Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; Westin WORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and six exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Starwood, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin