“The Westin La Paloma- delightful!” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
houston
“The Westin La Paloma- delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our entire group have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Westin La Paloma. The accomodations, service and atmosphere is top notch.

We especially appreciated the amazing service at Azul Restaurant- Francisco, Jesse, Eva, Miner and Dustin all took wonderful care of our group each time we have eatten there. The waffles were fluffy, the eggs were perfectly scrambled and the toast was perfection! Highly reccomended!! Go Revs!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Terese,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We are very happy to hear your entire group enjoyed your experience and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband & I have stayed at the Westin La Paloma several times & loved it each time! When you drive up to the hotel the valet meets you to park your car for you. You enter the main entrance & right away are blown away by the mountain view you see thru the 3 story windows facing you!! They check you in & whisk you away to your room riding in a golf cart. The walk ways are beautifully landscaped with plants that hold up to the dry conditions in Tucson. When you enter the room there's a small entryway before coming to the bathroom then your room with the bed & small living room space. Last time I stayed there which has been a while back, they have a porch or veranda off the back of each room. You ares surrounded by the landscaping & all the creatures it tracks. Most of the creatures are very spoiled doves that coo you at night. You will have a view of either the mountains, golf course, or the pool /spa area. I don't think there's a bad view in the whole place! The 1st time we stayed there we were on the 2ec floor. That night we left the door to the veranda open & only the screen pulled, then laid on our bed & watched the stars we could see from there. It was wonderful. The staff treats you with star treatment there. They have a great breakfast at the main building in the mornings that we love. Some of the best restaurants in Tucson are on the property! There's one off to the side of the main building that is wonderful with world class gourmet food! The wine selection there is great as well. Dress for that restaurant is Sunday best. The resort for the pool areas is very casual. The pool is very large with other pools connected. They have a pool with a water slide for the kids or us kids at heart adults. Close by are several hot tubs along with a swim up bar and a hamburg grill near by. I'm not a burger fan but theirs are delightful & have a touch of southwest taste to it. You can go walking after certain hours on the trail on the golf course which was designed by world class golf players. The green of the course up next to the desert & mountains is stunning! There's also walking trails near by. We love going to the Sabino Canyon & hiking the trails there. They are well marked & we can feel a freshness in the air in the morning. I suggest going early in the am to avoid snakes. They like the warm sun that comes out around 10:30am or later. The hikes are always beautiful! I never knew till we went to Tucson how much beauty the desert holds! I highly recommend this location for getting away from it all! We last went I think in 2001 or so.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views. It all depends on your taste. Ask the desk when checking I about the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Edna,

Thank you for your continued patronage over the years! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you were able to experience all our different resort amenities.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Well appointed rooms that are quiet, comfortable, and newly remodeled. Beautiful swimming pools that are heated and provide a lot of fun if you bring your kids along. A great swim up bar for the adults, too! The views are stunning. We had the unusual experience of seeing snow in Tucson, which was wonderful, despite losing a couple days of swimming, The single down side is the food. For the conference, it was really marginal. A friend of mine ate at Cafe Azul though and said it was excellent, so it could be that it is just the event food that is not that great. I would come back for another conference. Staff were also super nice and professional.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and pool area. Thank you for your feedback regarding the banquet food as we will take this back to our team.

Cave cre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am a professional Meeting Planner and was there on leisure with my wife, so I was able to look at this property from both perspectives... for business and for pleasure.

My first impression was definitely positive. The sense of arrival is very nice as you drive up the drive and the entrance is very impressive. As you walk in the lobby, you absolutely get the sense that you're somewhere special. Nice wide open spaces a great lobby bar and plenty of places to sit and network.

Our room was one of the recently renovated rooms which I learned all rooms will be done by Mar. 2013. Absolutely love the showers here and of course love the Heavenly Bed.

I also walked through the meeting space which was all just renovated as well. A nice large ballroom a very short walk from the main lobby. I could definitely see one of my groups at this property and I hope to send a group there soon.

Also, I did play the golf course and have to rank it among one of the nicest courses I've played in Tucson. Very well maintained course, challenging, but not impossible. Great bunkers and nice greens. Would definitely like to play here again.

Overall, I had an excellent experience and would highly recommend this property to either the vacationer or the Meeting Planner looking to host a group here. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Rich,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our numerous resort amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hope to host one of your group events!
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was the perfect spot to decompress and enjoy a weekend visit with my daughter (UA Student). Awesome new rooms, views that smoke anything in phoenix/scottsdale...both of the mountains as well as the downtown cityscape. Everyone there continually asked me if i needed anything...and you could tell they meant it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had a relaxing getaway with your daughter and you were able to enjoy our views of downtown Tucson and the surrounding mountains.

Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My company recently held a meeting at Westin La Paloma and the staff was so excellent that I don't think I will ever consider another property for events!

We worked with the Senior Catering Manager, Donal Drayne, who is not only first class in his handling of clients, he is also very fun to work with! He made sure we had everything we needed and even reminded of things we forgot we needed! His experience at La Paloma really shows.

The on site AV company - PSAV - were extremely professional, and wowed us with all of the set up they could provide for us. Eric Jablonder, Dave Goodhue, and Brian Douglas always available when we needed extra practice or had last minute set up changes.

On the day of the event, we were treated like rock stars by the wait staff (always great to get so many compliments really early in the morning!) and banquet manager Peter Mnatzaganian. I used to work banquets at a resort and Peter far exceeded anything we ever did for our clients!

We have pretty picky employees when it comes to food so it was nice to hear so many compliments on the breakfast. Excellent work by Chef Charlie Bradfield.

Westin La Paloma runs a first-class operation, but best of all, they made me look good!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your recent experience at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that our banquet staff helped make your event successful and memorable. It is always great to hear that we helped make your job easy and stress-free.

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had the fortunate pleasure of traveling to Tucson with my wife on a business trip and as Starwood owners we decided to stay at the Westin La Paloma and I am glad we did. From the moment we pulled onto the property we have been treated to exceptional service. The recently remodeled facility is fantastic. The rooms are super clean, the heavenly beds are truly amazing. The entire staff is customer focused. I was greeted by every associate I came in contact with. The resteraunt and bar were comfortable, well stocked, and served good food. The workout facilities have updated equipment, a nice shop, great tennis courts, and a friendly staff.
So while my wife worked I got to enjoy 4 days of golf on three separate 9 hole courses. The Nicklaus designed courses are in fantastic shape. The Hill, Canyon, and Ridge courses provide unique challenges, amazing views, and exposure to some pretty cool wildlife. I had the fortunate pleasure of meeting Barry,Aaron, and Jeff in the pro shop. They were actively engaged with their guests, and completely accommodating. I interacted with these guys the most during my stay. They were always happy and truly loved what they were doing and made their guests feel great. The starters were comedic, and knew their regulars.
I had a GREAT time at the Westin La Paloma and would give my highest recommendation to anyone that wanted to visit the Tuscon area and enjoy a great property.

Room Tip: Great golf course and mountain views available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you ennjoyed your experience and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We are glad you and your wife were able to enjoy our resort amenities and hope you were able to take a couple strokes off your golf game!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!