My husband & I have stayed at the Westin La Paloma several times & loved it each time! When you drive up to the hotel the valet meets you to park your car for you. You enter the main entrance & right away are blown away by the mountain view you see thru the 3 story windows facing you!! They check you in & whisk you away to your room riding in a golf cart. The walk ways are beautifully landscaped with plants that hold up to the dry conditions in Tucson. When you enter the room there's a small entryway before coming to the bathroom then your room with the bed & small living room space. Last time I stayed there which has been a while back, they have a porch or veranda off the back of each room. You ares surrounded by the landscaping & all the creatures it tracks. Most of the creatures are very spoiled doves that coo you at night. You will have a view of either the mountains, golf course, or the pool /spa area. I don't think there's a bad view in the whole place! The 1st time we stayed there we were on the 2ec floor. That night we left the door to the veranda open & only the screen pulled, then laid on our bed & watched the stars we could see from there. It was wonderful. The staff treats you with star treatment there. They have a great breakfast at the main building in the mornings that we love. Some of the best restaurants in Tucson are on the property! There's one off to the side of the main building that is wonderful with world class gourmet food! The wine selection there is great as well. Dress for that restaurant is Sunday best. The resort for the pool areas is very casual. The pool is very large with other pools connected. They have a pool with a water slide for the kids or us kids at heart adults. Close by are several hot tubs along with a swim up bar and a hamburg grill near by. I'm not a burger fan but theirs are delightful & have a touch of southwest taste to it. You can go walking after certain hours on the trail on the golf course which was designed by world class golf players. The green of the course up next to the desert & mountains is stunning! There's also walking trails near by. We love going to the Sabino Canyon & hiking the trails there. They are well marked & we can feel a freshness in the air in the morning. I suggest going early in the am to avoid snakes. They like the warm sun that comes out around 10:30am or later. The hikes are always beautiful! I never knew till we went to Tucson how much beauty the desert holds! I highly recommend this location for getting away from it all! We last went I think in 2001 or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson’s iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $30 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort’s renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177â€™ Sidewinder water-slide; Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; Westin WORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and six exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin