I am a professional Meeting Planner and was there on leisure with my wife, so I was able to look at this property from both perspectives... for business and for pleasure.
My first impression was definitely positive. The sense of arrival is very nice as you drive up the drive and the entrance is very impressive. As you walk in the lobby, you absolutely get the sense that you're somewhere special. Nice wide open spaces a great lobby bar and plenty of places to sit and network.
Our room was one of the recently renovated rooms which I learned all rooms will be done by Mar. 2013. Absolutely love the showers here and of course love the Heavenly Bed.
I also walked through the meeting space which was all just renovated as well. A nice large ballroom a very short walk from the main lobby. I could definitely see one of my groups at this property and I hope to send a group there soon.
Also, I did play the golf course and have to rank it among one of the nicest courses I've played in Tucson. Very well maintained course, challenging, but not impossible. Great bunkers and nice greens. Would definitely like to play here again.
Overall, I had an excellent experience and would highly recommend this property to either the vacationer or the Meeting Planner looking to host a group here. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Hotel
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson’s iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $30 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort’s renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177â€™ Sidewinder water-slide; Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; Westin WORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and six exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.