“Characterful Hotel with Amazing Location, Food and Service” 4 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Characterful Hotel with Amazing Location, Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Sure, there are other hotels with beautiful locations, character and great food but it would take something to top the service level and attention to detail that I experienced recently when working a conference at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson. Nothing was too much trouble and there was always someone at hand at any given moment to asist in any way required or to make a seemingly large problem dissolve into a small challenge. One member of the hotel staff stood out amongst a great team: Banquet Manager, Peter Mnatzaganian. His tireless energy and indefatigable good humor was fundemental in ensuring a flawless program for our client and his attitude was paramount in motivating our team when" the going got tough". His overall performance epitomises the warm welcome and thoroughly professional operation on which you can rely at the Westin La Paloma, Tucson.
I should also give a mention to the stunningly beautiful La Paloma Golf Course and the efficiency with which the staff there contributed to a well-organised and enjoyable tournament. The Tournament Coordinator, Brian Roluffs' enthusiam made for a fun, upbeat and smoothly executed afternoon on this pristinely kept course.

Room Tip: Hotel being renovated. Ask for newly renovated room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review of both our associates and our Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course made your stay stand out as a premier destination for pleasure and business. Our team displays both professionalism and competency and always with a smile. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

They were remodeling while we were here. The rooms are good size and extremely comfortable. There is everything you need right here on the property. The remodel looks like its is going to be awesome! I can't wait to come back and see what they have done!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting. Please do call us soon to reserve a remodel room for you to enjoy. You’ll be delighted with all we are accomplishing. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a frequent traveler- going from one hotel ballroom to the next, my experiences at most hotels become mundane. However, not at the Westin La Paloma. Their staff was a breath of fresh air. I was always greeted with a genuine smile each morning and my nights concluded with a friendly farewell. I owe most all of my pleasant experiences at this resort to Peter Mnatzaganian. If only every hotel had an employee who was just as dedicated as Peter. He was absolutely wonderful and such a pleasure to work with. I would come back just to work with Peter again. Service is the most important part of a conference and i would give Westin La Paloma an A+++!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about our A+++ service we provided. We’ll be here to provide this friendly, exemplary service each and every time you stay at La Paloma. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am an event coordinator for a national company and I had chance to work at a great resort as well as work with the great staff at the Westin La Paloma. The villas are very large, clean and cozy-you and or your guests will not be disappointed. The Westin La Paloma is also undergoing a renovation so I can only imagine what the villas will look like after!! If you are planning a business meeting at the Westin, you are in good hands. Great customer service and willing to make anything happen for you-whether it is in advance or a last minute change. Joey Bradfield, CSM, is tremendous to work with, very hospitable and always available. Peter Mnatzachnin, Banquet Manager, is simply amazing. Not only will he make sure everything is taken care of for your guests during the conference, but he makes sure you are taken care of as well. He is very personable, kind, has a great work ethic and not to mention greeted me with my favorite coffee every morning. All of his follow team members were very willing to help and communicated effectively to get the needs of the clients met. Truly is a great place to stay for some personal time or to have a business meeting. I would recommend the Westin La Paloma to my fellow colleagues as well as family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review mentioning the many associates that created a memorable meeting for you. As an event coordinator you have the opportunity to experience many venues and we are proud that we are at the top of your list for both pleasure and business. We are always ready and available to assist with creating and fine tuning your next visit to La Paloma. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Barnwell, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

At a recent conference I lost my hearing aids at poolside. When I discovered the loss an hour later I rushed back to the pool and inquired about their lost and found. Eric, the bartender, asked what item I was looking for, and when I told him he relayed the message to Kristin, the pool attendant who had them. She even placed them in a box to protect them. The hearing aids had been found by Rebecca during her poolside service. I was amazed at the interest the staff paid to communicating not only with me, but with each other.

In addition to a wonderful conference, a great stay at a full-service, first class resort, I can now brag about the employees, as well, of the LaPaloma Resort! Good job!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for posting about the care our associates provided you, as well as your hearing aids at the pool. We all provide a personal attentiveness with each and every guest. I’m glad we provided a wonderful conference for you and look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We try to vacation at Westin La Paloma a couple of times a year. The service is always fantastic and the girls in our party enjoy the pool (and pool bar!) while the guys play golf. The kids love the slide and the smoothies. Make sure you stop to see Mike and Eric at the pool bar. Mike overheard my daughter complaining about not wanting the crust on her grilled cheese sandwich and he made her one without crust! If you are going to relax in the sun, make sure you are in Britny's section! She is the BEST server/bartender!! We met her years ago and can't wait to see her every time we return. Her beautiful personality and spirit will make your day! If you order anything from room service/service express ask for Wes. We just met him on this last stay and he was so nice and engaged my kids from the second he got to the room!
I also want to recognize Ashley who was our server for breakfast - she was wonderful! Phil booked my husband's round of golf and was great also - even checked on a special rate for us and called me back within minutes!
Thank you all for taking such great care of us and I highly recommend Westin La Paloma to everyone that asks (and to those who don't)!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting the many reasons, which is all about service with a smile, you return to La Paloma for your stay-cations. We all appreciate your loyalty and are delighted read how much you enjoyed. I hope to see you with family and friends soon, by the pool and on the golf course. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Helena, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I assisted with a very large conference that my company hosted this past week. While everyone at the Westin La Paloma demonstrated amazing customer service- seriously, way above average, there was one special individual that deserves mention. Peter Mnatzaganian, Banquet Manager, far exceeded any customer service I've ever experienced. Everywhere I looked, Peter was there. We'd think "oh, we need a_______" and viola, Peter was there before we had to page him. He even learned our latte preferences and would greet us with our favorite latte every morning. Everyone in our group was amazed and so appreciative to be showered with attentive, professional, EXCEPTIONAL service, every minute of the week we were there. Peter is a gem, and should be recognized and rewarded as he will be the highlight of our memories of the La Paloma.

Room Tip: My room needed some plumbing help- rooms on the upper floors had a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your accolades to Peter. He is a treasure to our resort and our guests. I’ll guarantee you that on your next visit he will remember your coffee preference. We both look forward to your return to La Paloma for pleasure or business. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Been to Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!