Stayed for three nights after a business trip to Tucson. Used cash and points, room 519 starwood floor. Wish we had a mountain view rather than city, but room location was central to pools, main lobby, restaurants, and parking. At check in provided option of cleaning room daily or opting for $5 per day food/beverage credit or 500 Starwood points. We took the points. Hotel is apparently under new owners, staff seems pleased with this. $15 per day parking is ridiculous, just self park and bellman will drive to meet you as you park and take you to your room. Bellman gave a wonderful guided tour of property, showing shortest path to pool, golf, etc. very helpful!
Room was clean, bathroom a little dated, but clean. Toilet would not stop running and ultimately would not flush. Maintenance fixed while we were out for day. Heavenly bed was comfortable, all rooms have a balcony, coffee maker, and frig for drinks/water only (the bellman warned it is not cold enough for food). room had new large flat screen tv with many stations.
We had breakfast in Azul, be aware they serve until 11am, however we arrived at 10 and were told the buffet was closed at 10. I opted for normal eggs but my husband had the Mediterranean skillet which was delicious.
We had dinner in Janos sat night. Too bad new Westin owners would not agree to keep their proposed new menu. Service was excellent, food different and tasty. My husband's lamb came out cold, but was quickly remedied. Wine selection good, overall and very good meal.
Pool area could be bigger. Friday was quiet but it is obvious a weekend crowd shows up sat. Crowded sat and sun, lots of kids, but each day we were able to find chairs. Wait service fairly good. Everyone very friendly and interested to serve you.
Overall a great value for the money, comfortable and beautiful area!
Try the Westin, you should not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson’s iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $30 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort’s renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177â€™ Sidewinder water-slide; Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; Westin WORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and six exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Amex, Otel, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin