“Very Noisy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4930 West Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85743 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Armstrong, BC
“Very Noisy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'll start off by saying we have lived in very noisy neighbourhoods and stayed next to trains, airports, and currently live in a high density area.

Yes, the train is very active and because it crosses a main road, you will hear the horn all night. We stayed on the top floor across from the Travelodge. Also, very active. A lot of people coming and going at all hours to the hotel. People dropping packages off and women being shuttled. You can figure it out. The parking lot was noisy all night and it was a mess in the morning.

You can definitely hear your neighbours here. We heard every conversation coming from the rooms as we walked down the hallway. The people on one side had their TV loud enough that we gave up trying to watch ours. They finally passed out about 10 (they didn't remember ordering pizza when the lady came to deliver it at 7 p.m.)

We had a couple hours sleep before the racket started on the other side at 1 a.m. I personally went over and asked them to quiet down. That lasted about 10 minutes so I phoned the front desk asking to be moved. First I was told they were full so I said we will have to leave. Then, suddenly they did have a room "but it's on the same floor and it will be louder". I don't know how he knew this but he did know what room was keeping us awake without me telling him. He phoned back about 1/2 hour later, good thing we were still awake! I have a feeling he came by and heard the noise in the hallway. He hesitantly asked if I wanted him to talk to them (he probably just checked them in and knew what he would have to deal with). The person I talked to in that room was extremely intimidating and obviously didn't care so I told him no, we will just wait until it was light enough to drive home. With two hours sleep, we decided that it wasn't smart to drive in the dark. I was willing to take the bedding to sleep in the car but my husband just sat in the chair and waited until morning.

We mostly stay at Best Westerns and have travelled throughout the world, staying in third world countries. This ranks amongst the worst hotel stays ever. At this moment, my husband never wants to stay in another Best Western but he will probably change his mind since the many others have been very good to us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ravi k, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We regret that we had not met your expectations.
We hope that you will stay with us another time and we will try our best as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
cochise county
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wanting to stay over in Tucson after late dining, we chose to stay at the Gold Poppy property on West Ina Road, just off I-10 in Marana, minutes outside of Tucson . We chose this spot because of it' proximity to the downtown and the attractive price.
On-line reservations werer a breeze, check in was quick and easy.
The room was small but very comfortable and user friendly. No mold, plenty of hot water and quiet!
There was a complimentary breakfast offered, but we declined.
Our dining out experience and overnight stay was less than just a room in downtown!!
I would recommend and use this property over and over.

Room Tip: Our second floor room facing another property reallly caused a buffer for I-10 traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and that you have enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tucson.
El Cajon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our stay was for the christmas holiday of 2012,The rooms wer very clean and neat nothing fancy about the hotel. But the value was one of the lowest rates around there was plenty of resteraunts in the vicinity and a strip mall within 1/2 mile the free hot breakfast was tasty (i recommend the Cheese omelletes) would definately stay here again

Room Tip: There is a train that goes by.You want to stay on the non facing freeway side althuogh I never reall...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tucosn.
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel before it was a Best Western. The remodeling Best Western did to the building was lovely. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only criticism was that the room only had one waste basket in the bathroom and no waste basket in the main room. Regarding the food, the hotel only provided the dried creamers for coffee. For a "Plus" hotel, real half and half would have been appreciated and also expected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sicamous, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The rooms were very clean. Even though the location is right by the I-10 and our room was facing towards it, we didn't hear any freeway noise at all. The hotel is located less than 5 minutes from a major shopping area. The staff were very friendly and wanted to make sure everything was okay with your room. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been a Best Western fan for a number of years. I have never had a bad stay or bad experience at any Best Western hotel I have ever used. The Gold Poppy Inn in NW Tucson replaced a Best Western a bit further north in Marana, AZ for me. I prefer the north end of Tucson for getting around and accomplishing my tasks. This hotel is not new but it is new to Best Western and me. It is very well run. That manager always seem to be there, or 30 seconds away. The front desk staff are reasonably friendly and competent. The rooms are perfect for me. Little fridge and microwave. Nice TV. Always plenty of hot water. But the best thing is the price. I hope it stays this way for a while. I am moving from where I live now and will no longer go to Tucson, but if I ever do, and in the meantime, while I am moving, I will go to the Gold Poppy Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo