“Recent stay at Gold Poppy Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4930 West Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85743 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wanting to stay over in Tucson after late dining, we chose to stay at the Gold Poppy property on West Ina Road, just off I-10 in Marana, minutes outside of Tucson . We chose this spot because of it' proximity to the downtown and the attractive price.
On-line reservations werer a breeze, check in was quick and easy.
The room was small but very comfortable and user friendly. No mold, plenty of hot water and quiet!
There was a complimentary breakfast offered, but we declined.
Our dining out experience and overnight stay was less than just a room in downtown!!
I would recommend and use this property over and over.

Room Tip: Our second floor room facing another property reallly caused a buffer for I-10 traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ravi k, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and that you have enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tucson.
El Cajon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our stay was for the christmas holiday of 2012,The rooms wer very clean and neat nothing fancy about the hotel. But the value was one of the lowest rates around there was plenty of resteraunts in the vicinity and a strip mall within 1/2 mile the free hot breakfast was tasty (i recommend the Cheese omelletes) would definately stay here again

Room Tip: There is a train that goes by.You want to stay on the non facing freeway side althuogh I never reall...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tucosn.
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel before it was a Best Western. The remodeling Best Western did to the building was lovely. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only criticism was that the room only had one waste basket in the bathroom and no waste basket in the main room. Regarding the food, the hotel only provided the dried creamers for coffee. For a "Plus" hotel, real half and half would have been appreciated and also expected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sicamous, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The rooms were very clean. Even though the location is right by the I-10 and our room was facing towards it, we didn't hear any freeway noise at all. The hotel is located less than 5 minutes from a major shopping area. The staff were very friendly and wanted to make sure everything was okay with your room. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been a Best Western fan for a number of years. I have never had a bad stay or bad experience at any Best Western hotel I have ever used. The Gold Poppy Inn in NW Tucson replaced a Best Western a bit further north in Marana, AZ for me. I prefer the north end of Tucson for getting around and accomplishing my tasks. This hotel is not new but it is new to Best Western and me. It is very well run. That manager always seem to be there, or 30 seconds away. The front desk staff are reasonably friendly and competent. The rooms are perfect for me. Little fridge and microwave. Nice TV. Always plenty of hot water. But the best thing is the price. I hope it stays this way for a while. I am moving from where I live now and will no longer go to Tucson, but if I ever do, and in the meantime, while I am moving, I will go to the Gold Poppy Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Room was clean, good TV, comfortable bed. Microwave and fridge if you need them. We enjoyed our stay here. Staff were very good. We unfortunately had a blocked toilet, but it was dealt with straight away, no problem at all. Breakfast was standard for Best Western. Waffle maker, cheese omelet, sausage (burger if you are from the UK), toast, pastries etc. Only problem for me was I am lactose intolerant so a cheese omelet was unfortunate. Wi-fi and guest computer were fine.

One thing that might be a problem is the nearby train line. If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from the line as they tend to 'hoot' through the night. Did not disturb us though.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from the train line
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple