“Good Location, Mediocre Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre

You added Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre to your Saves list
Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Williams Boulevard, Courtyard Tucson Williams Center, Tucson, AZ 85711   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Austin, Texas
“Good Location, Mediocre Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently stayed one night and had two rooms, one for my wife and I and other for my son. Both were compliments of Marriott with coupons earned in a promotion. Property lobby has been upgraded to new Courtyard "theme and design", which lead to positive first impressions. From reading other reviews it would appear that rooms have also been upgraded, although you could not guess this from ours. First, our room was dark. Combined with the burgundy room tones, it was too dark for my taste. This was made worse by some cleanliness issues. Area around sink (which was too small) was not cleaned well as residue from wiping was apparent. Bathroom floor had two large "smears" on it where it was either partially and inefficiently mopped, or worse, not mopped at all. Bathroom towels were thin and a bit worn. My pillow, while I believe clean, had stains on the pillow case which made me uneasy. Finally, while not a complaint but a suggestion, I would recommend that this and all hotels encase the blankets in sheets and forego the ancient cheap bedspread for tidy sheeted beds. My expectation from a hotel is cleanliness first and foremost. I did not feel that this was delivered. With that said and based on others reviews, perhaps we simply got an exception rather than the rule at this location. I hope that is the case but will leave it to others to determine for themselves as I will choose a different property in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Good Location, Mediocre Hotel,
I am super sorry the room cleanliness was not good during your stay. I certainly understand your frustration as this is very important. While there are items that are difficult to control as decor colors and sink counter space size, cleanliness issues should not be experienced. I hope you give us a second chance next time you are in Tucson. We care very much, and want to help you have a great experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Rooms were comfortable and looked nice, and even had a little balcony. There were two mini-fridges in the room, but no microwave. The bed was comfortable as well. The lobby area is very nice with a bar, restaurant, and small convenience shop. Exactly what a business hotel should be. The only thing I would have wanted is a microwave.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Well done, as expected,
Thank you for the excellent review of the Williams Centre Courtyard hotel. The hotel team promises to make every effort to make your stay great. Your comment about the need for a microwave oven in the room is important. While we do offer a microwave oven in the Market area of the hotel, we have not yet put microwaves into the room. Thank you for suggesting this as it is a great way we can improve the hotel in the future. I hope you the very best. Please make sure and say hi the next time you are in Tucson.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott for a recent football weekend. The Courtyard chain by Marriott is often our choice for short trips, and once again, we were pleased to find this hotel meets Courtyard's high standards. We requested a quiet room, and we were given a room on the top floor towards the rear, away from any noise or traffic. The room was large and comfortable, and of course, everything was impeccably clean.

There is a convenient bistro in the lobby of the hotel, but we enjoyed getting out for meals, and this Courtyard has a very convenient location. One can easily walk to a number of local and national chain restaurants. Although the hotel is some distance from the University of Arizona campus, it was easy to approach the university from the south, and we were able to park less than two blocks from the stadium. All in all, a very pleasant weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Great choice,
Your review makes us all very happy - thank you! Your comments about the Williams Centre Courtyard are central to everything the staff strives to achieve for our very important guests. I am thankful for your comments about cleanliness. Cleanliness is important to us all. We are glad you had a great experience! All my best to you.
Hooper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in the King room. Upon check-in, I was so appreciative of the gal for ensuring we were not placed next to 5 young kids. She had the forethought to see if that would be a problem and moved us to a different room. The room was clean and the sheets smelled like they had been bleached -- just how I like them. The room was somewhat smaller than I was anticipating, but accommodated our needs. The sink area is just bigger than the sink. The coffee maker and hair dryer are located in the closet. I would prefer a larger sink area. There was a small fridge hidden under the TV in the cabinet, but no microwave. The small couch afforded us the opportunity to visit with a guest, but it would've been cramped quarters for more than three people. The pool area was lovely with running fountain and waterfall surrounding. We were rather disappointed when they didn't have these running the second night as I think it had contributed to the tranquility and cooling the area. We did not eat at the hotel as the coffee wasn't ready and the person at the "bistro" decided blowing their nose while working was appropriate. This grossed my husband out enough that we went elsewhere to eat.
The hotel is located closely to several restaurants and some shopping, but I think the area of Tucson is probably not the safest.
I paid in advance for my room through my Marriott account (not using rewards), so I got a special deal for the room. It was about $200 total for a Saturday and Sunday night stay.
I marked the location as poor, but that is more due to what I feel is the safety factor of the area in Tucson. The hotel is set in a bit and actually seemed fairly safe. GPS has a difficult time getting you to the hotel. Once you pull into Williams Centre, Take the first left. The hotel is on the right.(That is, if I remember correctly.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Nice Room for Visiting,

Thank you very much for your detailed evaluation of our hotel. Your excellent review has helped the hotel team see our operation through the eyes of our customers. We will use your review in an effort to improve the hotel to make sure all of our guests have a great stay.
All of our best to you,

Wickenburg, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff was friendly, my room was very clean, and the bed was loaded with pillows. There's a nice Bistro and business center in the lobby. The only drawbacks were that the coffee maker was tucked away in the closet and the counter space around the sink was a bit too small. I was there to attend a biz meeting. Although the conference room was roomy and well set up, the woman's bathroom had only 2 stalls and one of them was out of order. Yikes!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Courtyard,
Thank you very much for writing a thoughtful review about our hotel. I am so happy you mentioned how clean the hotel was. We really work hard to keep everything very clean because we know how important it is for our guests. You also mentioned that you thought the staff was friendly. That is awesome! I believe we have the most caring and friendly associates right here in the Courtyard hotel. We really try to be helpful. I am very sorry about the location of the coffee pot. We have really struggled with where to place this item. We will revisit this discussion and see if we can do better.
Thank you again! All our best to you,

Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visiting Tucson in July is not for the faint of heart, so we were delighted when we opened our door to a refreshingly cool room, spacious and inviting. We loved the colors, decor, pillows and shower.
The cons were few: Thin towels, dim lighting over sink, no coffee maker in the room, and the air conditioner was without an option to keep the fan running all night. But, would we stay there again? Absolutely! It was a great price, clean, updated and felt very safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Spacious and Clean,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. July definitely is hot in Tucson! You mentioned that our hotel was cool, spaciouse and inviting. Definitely important when the temperature is over 100 degrees outside.

Please let me know the next time you are in town - I would love to meet you and make sure everything is perfect on your next stay.

All my best to you!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been staying at the Williams Centre Courtyard for over a year and a half. My experience has been nothing less than amazing. Due to the amazing staff, great leadership and friendly hotel. I have stayed here close to 200 days, and bring all my work collegues here when doing business. I even have reccomended this hotel for all my training leaders to stay at. The rooms are always clean, hotel is well maintained, and they treat me with the upmost respect every time I walk in the front doors. I used to stay exclusely in HIlton hotels and ever since staying here I only stay in Marriott hotels across the USA. Thanks Logan and Team Williams Centre.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike,

I want to sincerely thank you for your business. I remembered the first time you called the hotel for a reservation. You stated that you would have at least 30 nights per year. We all know you have at least tripled that number.

I believe the Courtyard hotel was designed exactly for you! High quality accomodations, great food choices, excellent Wi-fi, an excellent staff who remembers you and what you like and on and on... You are a "power user" - you know what works!

Keep on fly fishing & play some soccer today!

Logan

Been to Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre? Share your experiences!