“Courtyard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre to your Saves list
Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Williams Boulevard, Courtyard Tucson Williams Center, Tucson, AZ 85711   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #11 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Wickenburg, Arizona
“Courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff was friendly, my room was very clean, and the bed was loaded with pillows. There's a nice Bistro and business center in the lobby. The only drawbacks were that the coffee maker was tucked away in the closet and the counter space around the sink was a bit too small. I was there to attend a biz meeting. Although the conference room was roomy and well set up, the woman's bathroom had only 2 stalls and one of them was out of order. Yikes!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Courtyard,
Thank you very much for writing a thoughtful review about our hotel. I am so happy you mentioned how clean the hotel was. We really work hard to keep everything very clean because we know how important it is for our guests. You also mentioned that you thought the staff was friendly. That is awesome! I believe we have the most caring and friendly associates right here in the Courtyard hotel. We really try to be helpful. I am very sorry about the location of the coffee pot. We have really struggled with where to place this item. We will revisit this discussion and see if we can do better.
Thank you again! All our best to you,

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visiting Tucson in July is not for the faint of heart, so we were delighted when we opened our door to a refreshingly cool room, spacious and inviting. We loved the colors, decor, pillows and shower.
The cons were few: Thin towels, dim lighting over sink, no coffee maker in the room, and the air conditioner was without an option to keep the fan running all night. But, would we stay there again? Absolutely! It was a great price, clean, updated and felt very safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Spacious and Clean,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel. July definitely is hot in Tucson! You mentioned that our hotel was cool, spaciouse and inviting. Definitely important when the temperature is over 100 degrees outside.

Please let me know the next time you are in town - I would love to meet you and make sure everything is perfect on your next stay.

All my best to you!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been staying at the Williams Centre Courtyard for over a year and a half. My experience has been nothing less than amazing. Due to the amazing staff, great leadership and friendly hotel. I have stayed here close to 200 days, and bring all my work collegues here when doing business. I even have reccomended this hotel for all my training leaders to stay at. The rooms are always clean, hotel is well maintained, and they treat me with the upmost respect every time I walk in the front doors. I used to stay exclusely in HIlton hotels and ever since staying here I only stay in Marriott hotels across the USA. Thanks Logan and Team Williams Centre.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Mike,

I want to sincerely thank you for your business. I remembered the first time you called the hotel for a reservation. You stated that you would have at least 30 nights per year. We all know you have at least tripled that number.

I believe the Courtyard hotel was designed exactly for you! High quality accomodations, great food choices, excellent Wi-fi, an excellent staff who remembers you and what you like and on and on... You are a "power user" - you know what works!

Keep on fly fishing & play some soccer today!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

When staying in a hotel, you expect a certain level of comfort, cleanliness, ammenities, customer service, and overall positive experience. This hotel will meet and exceed your expectations. As a professional who travels, 5 days out of 7 in a week, you will be hard pressed to find the same level of personal customer service that you will find at this Marriott location. The rooms are clean and well kept. Decor has been updated to be more modern and the cafe in the lobby offers full meals and snacks at an affordable price. They also have a small store that allows you access to drinks and snacks after the cafe has closed. Although, you may find, that even if the cafe is closed, someone is still willing to make a drink or prepare a cup of coffee for you. The conference rooms are great for a business meeting, and if you have a large group needing to get to a destination, the van service they offer is a great option. If there is something you need, a simple quick ring to the front desk can get your pointed in the right direction. The location of the building itself is in close proximity to downtown Tucson, college town and the major roads to get you to your destination. There is a nice walking path along Williams Center Blvd and great mountain views. In the late spring / early summer, you can see the sunset from the restuarant across the street, "Pita Jungle" which has great eats. You won't be disappointed. Its like a home away from home. Casual, clean, and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard with the pool, or if you are outward facing, ask for a room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Top Notch Customer Service,

Your review of our hotel was impressive. Thank you!

The Courtyard hotel is designed to be perfect for the business traveler: "the Optimistic Achiever." This person travels for business and is an expert on the road; needs to easy access to food and beverage that may include Starbuck's, a full bar, and healthy food options; needs a smart, clean and efficient experience. We understand.

I am so glad you were able to get outside of the hotel and enjoy the Williams Centre area. The hotel is located off of Broadway tucked into the Williams Centre business park. Yet, close to many restaurants and shops with easy access to anywhere in Tucson. We think it is great.

Thank you again so much for taking the time and effort to write a great review.

Please let me know the next time you are in town - we would like to help with your stay.

Sincerely yours,

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We like most all Marriott hotels and decided on the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre based on such outstanding reviews we read about it on Trip Advisor. Now we realize that those reviews were probably written before that particular Courtyard Hotel underwent a total revamp of its original style. Unfortunatley, we were not impressed. Gone is the great breakfast that everyone raved about, Yes, breakfast is available but at a cost which is really too high for what you get. The room was extrememly small, as well as was the bathroom. The temperature control only worked to turn on the unit heater/air-conditioner that was under the window that is generally now only found in motel type accomodations. Whenever the air would go on during the night it was very loud and would actually wake us up so we chose to just turn it off. Of course, this made the room temperature uncomfortable. The TV was postioned in a dresser hutch that was in the side of the room. If you wanted to watch TV while in bed you could only do so laying on your right side.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room. I will say that Management is very helpful and friendly...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Courtyards by Marriott have changed,
We are sincerely thankful for your input as it helps us continue to improve the hotel for all guests. The hotel completed a comprehensive rooms renovation in October 2008, and a Courtyard Refreshing Business Lobby and Bistro in October 2009. The hotel offers flat panel televisions, refrigerators, the Marriott bedding package, and free 40 Meg high-speed internet access in each guestroom and lobby. The Bistro is open for both breakfast and dinner offering many healthy and familiar choices. We are also proud to serve Starbuck's coffee - a big win for our travelers. The feedback has been great! We are excited to present a completely updated Marriott Courtyard for our guests enjoyment.
Many thanks again for your visit - we are here to help you have a great stay,
Glastonbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have lost count how many times I've stayed here and reviewed this wonderful central Tucson hotel. It's even nice when the front counter staff recognizes you and welcomes you back.

The things I love about this hotel have not changed: clean, comfortable, updated rooms; a resort-like feel in the middle of Tucson; easy walk to a number of restaurants and Target is right across the street; also a decent enough gym (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 recumbant bike, weight bench and free weights...TV's on all cardio machines).

While this Marriott property does not offer complimentary breakfast (Residence Inn's and Fairfield Inn's do), I don't find that an issue. There is a fridge in each room, so I go across the street and get some milk, a box of cereal and bring a plastic bowl and spoon from home. But for a very good value, there is The Good Egg in the shopping center across the parking lot.

I will admit, though, that the hotel's bar is pretty good. Before heading out to an evening function, my traveling companions and I had a glass of wine (that the bartender really did fill to the brim...so more like 2 glasses of wine) and sat in one of the comfy booths with a personal TV. It was a nice way to start our evening.

If you're looking for a fairly priced hotel with a few creature comforts in central Tucson, look no further than the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre.

Room Tip: There are 8 rooms that have a terrace overlooking the pool area. It's nice to be able to get on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Steady As She Goes,
Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks about our hotel. It is with great pleasure that we have been given the opportunity to serve you at this amazing hotel. Our team is here to help and assist you on your next visit to the area.
Warm Regards,
Montpelier, Vt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My 2yo daughter was sick and we weren't sure we could make our redeye flight home. So we checked in to the hotel in the early afternoon to take a nap and wait out the nausea. My 4yo and I went for a swim in the very nice small pool for a short time then both my girls took a bath. Around 6pm we decided my 2yo was feeling well enough to get on the flight so we packed up and told the desk we were checking out instead of staying overnight. The nice guy at the desk said, "No Charge." I said, "You don't have to do that. We used your beds, your tub and your swimming pool." He said, "We aren't that busy and you didn't prevent us from renting the room to someone else. And we understand." Wow. In addition, the room was clean and up to date. Just stay here.

Room Tip: First floor is nice if you want to use the pool because some of the rooms walk out onto the pool. I...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Unbelievable Customer Service,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We do our very best to show good judgement when helping both guests and associates. I am sincerely thankful for your stay at our hotel.
All our best,
Logan and Team

Been to Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre? Share your experiences!