“Nice stopover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 S Butterfield Dr, Tucson, AZ 85714 (Formerly Crossland - Tucson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #98 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Mold
“Nice stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The motel seems to be in a rough area at first site but, when you look around it is not so bad. Many of the residents seem to be long term but were friendly. The room was OK and there was a trolley to get our gear up on the lift. Found Frys supermarket nearby where we did a shop and made a meal in our room.
The bed was reasonable and the room was quite comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
The team and I appreciate your positive comments about the location of the hotel. It's great to hear that the room was comfortable for you during your travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at Tucson on a business trip and I stayed at this hotel for 13 nights. My expectations are not very high, really, but the quality of this hotel was way below average.
I found dead bugs in and under the mugs, and the room had a very weird smell. They only clean on Sundays, so I was hoping to have a cleaner room on the second week, but I had to realize that nothing had changed. I know they were in the room, because the bed was ok and they also re-arranged the pillows, but they didn't do any cleaning (bugs still there...)
They say they have internet connection, but it was down most of the time. When I asked the receptionist (a young 20ish guy in an old and dirty jeans) to fix it, he said he would look into it once he's done with what he was doing (counting money at the front desk). It was still down the following day, so I asked for help again. They admitted they hadn't done anything, because they were very busy with operative work.
Very poor customer care, these guys will just ignore you should you ask for anything.
I gave 2 stars because the bed and pillows were comfortable, but this is probably the only positive thing I can tell about this place.
Keep looking and avoid this place, there are much better options out there at this price range.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Michnay - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that the customer service the staff provided to you was poor and that there were cleanliness issues with your room during your stay. Please accept my apologies. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having a staff meeting and addressing these issues with my front desk team and our housekeepers.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tbu@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants. It is a $15 cab ride, about 10 minutes, to U of A/ downtown area. In the room is a mini-fridge, double stove-top and microwave.The bathroom is small and the shower sufficient. Old style small TV (less than 20").
The price booked directly with the hotel is cheaper than Expedia or other sites. I arranged for their lower price for the remaining nights when I checked in. The initial night I couldn't change as it was within their cancel period. Instead of $75 it was $50. The clerk was accomodating in changing my reservation and I didn't have to check-out and recheck-in or change rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Crossland Economy Studios- Tucson. We are so pleased to hear your stay was a good one! Our staff and service is a big part of what we have to offer and having reviews such as yours is a great tool for us to gauge how we are doing! I want to assure you that you will find great service at any of our locations in the US and Canada and if that is not the case will you please let us know so we can address it? Thank you once again!
Waupaca, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Our room was filthy. Housekeeping was told to reclean it and did a very poor job. They are in need of a whole new staff and MAJOR cleaning. No ice machine, we had to go buy our ice from the gas station and use the trash can for a cooler. Our freezer was so frosted that you could not fit anything in it. We were offered a different room, but when I inspected that room, it was just as bad as ours. NEVER AGAIN. The bed was like sleeping on a rock too.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for the recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. As you had mentioned before you have stayed at many of our locations before and never has this happened. I assure you our staff has been made aware of the situation and I have their commitment to do a much better job in the future so this does not happen again. Please accept our sincere apologies. Please contact me directly at tbu@extendedstay.com if you would like to talk further about your stay.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

my husband and I just needed a hotel for a few nights while we had our tile in our house done. This hotel offered everything we needed....laundry room onsite, wifi, vending machines and a room with a kitchen. It was a home away from home. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at Crossland Economy Studios-Tucson, AZ. We appreciate the feedback and are glad that we were able to be "your home away from home" as that is our primary objective for all the guests who stay with us! Please do not hesitate to call us to book your future reservations anywhere in the country and Canada. Our staff will be delighted to help you! Thank you once again!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would not stay here again. This hotel name should not be associated with Extended Stay America. Because of the Tucson location I will never consider staying at another Crossland Economy Studios. Beds are rock hard. Sheets are dingy and dirty looking. Pillows are sweat stained. Bedspread have cigarette burns. TVs have lines in the screens and volume goes down unexpectedly (don't expect more than 10 channels). Ants in the kitchen and bathroom (housekeeping sprayed, but left the dead ants). Showers are warm at best. Peep holes in doors are missing and plugged with paper towels. Lamp shades are cracked and broken. Maintenance doesn't fix any problems. Several weeks housekeeping didn't vacuum and sweep, wipe down sinks and counters, or make the bed (non the less change the sheets) . Rates promised by the front desk and management aren't kept as they promise. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive? Share your experiences!