“Average motel, average price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 S Butterfield Dr, Tucson, AZ 85714 (Formerly Crossland - Tucson)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #103 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
San Francisco, CA
“Average motel, average price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants. It is a $15 cab ride, about 10 minutes, to U of A/ downtown area. In the room is a mini-fridge, double stove-top and microwave.The bathroom is small and the shower sufficient. Old style small TV (less than 20").
The price booked directly with the hotel is cheaper than Expedia or other sites. I arranged for their lower price for the remaining nights when I checked in. The initial night I couldn't change as it was within their cancel period. Instead of $75 it was $50. The clerk was accomodating in changing my reservation and I didn't have to check-out and recheck-in or change rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Crossland Economy Studios- Tucson. We are so pleased to hear your stay was a good one! Our staff and service is a big part of what we have to offer and having reviews such as yours is a great tool for us to gauge how we are doing! I want to assure you that you will find great service at any of our locations in the US and Canada and if that is not the case will you please let us know so we can address it? Thank you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waupaca, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Our room was filthy. Housekeeping was told to reclean it and did a very poor job. They are in need of a whole new staff and MAJOR cleaning. No ice machine, we had to go buy our ice from the gas station and use the trash can for a cooler. Our freezer was so frosted that you could not fit anything in it. We were offered a different room, but when I inspected that room, it was just as bad as ours. NEVER AGAIN. The bed was like sleeping on a rock too.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for the recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. As you had mentioned before you have stayed at many of our locations before and never has this happened. I assure you our staff has been made aware of the situation and I have their commitment to do a much better job in the future so this does not happen again. Please accept our sincere apologies. Please contact me directly at tbu@extendedstay.com if you would like to talk further about your stay.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

my husband and I just needed a hotel for a few nights while we had our tile in our house done. This hotel offered everything we needed....laundry room onsite, wifi, vending machines and a room with a kitchen. It was a home away from home. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at Crossland Economy Studios-Tucson, AZ. We appreciate the feedback and are glad that we were able to be "your home away from home" as that is our primary objective for all the guests who stay with us! Please do not hesitate to call us to book your future reservations anywhere in the country and Canada. Our staff will be delighted to help you! Thank you once again!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would not stay here again. This hotel name should not be associated with Extended Stay America. Because of the Tucson location I will never consider staying at another Crossland Economy Studios. Beds are rock hard. Sheets are dingy and dirty looking. Pillows are sweat stained. Bedspread have cigarette burns. TVs have lines in the screens and volume goes down unexpectedly (don't expect more than 10 channels). Ants in the kitchen and bathroom (housekeeping sprayed, but left the dead ants). Showers are warm at best. Peep holes in doors are missing and plugged with paper towels. Lamp shades are cracked and broken. Maintenance doesn't fix any problems. Several weeks housekeeping didn't vacuum and sweep, wipe down sinks and counters, or make the bed (non the less change the sheets) . Rates promised by the front desk and management aren't kept as they promise. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm not one for writing reviews; however Crossland Economy Suites is deserving of a response regarding my stay.

Once again, the Management; Dan G., and his staff go above and beyond the meaning of "Customer Service." They are truly exceptional in everything from the front office to the cleaning staff.

If you need to be away from home, for any amount of time, you can't go wrong when you book a reservation at this location.

I could go on and on relating my experiences regarding my stays but the best way to enjoy Crossland is to experience for yourself...you can't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your stay at Crossland Economy Studios. Our staff was happy to hear how pleasant your stay has been. Please feel free to let us know we can help you with future stays at our many Extended Stay America locations throughout the country and Canada. Once again, thank you so much for your review.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at Crosslands for 3 nights while our house was being cleaned up from a broken water pipe. The room was clean,had a kitchen area, utensils, so we cooked a lot and enjoyed our "home away from home". No cleaning services unless you stay for a week but we knew that when we checked in at the front office. It was a small room but very practical. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Crosslands! Nothing fancy but a good value for your money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crossland Economy Studios- Tucson. It's great to hear that the staff was helpful and did great job at creating a "home away from home" for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive? Share your experiences!