“Good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Tucson I-10/Butterfield Business Park

You added Fairfield Inn Tucson I-10/Butterfield Business Park to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Tucson I-10/Butterfield Business Park
Ranked #88 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Columbus OH
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

The hotel is not in the best neighborhood but it was a great place to stay. The staff was friendly. The free breakfast was great. Rooms were clean and spacious for the price. It was right next to the freeway and near main roads so it was easy to find my way to various places to sightsee and hike. They had free wireless in the rooms and in the public areas. There were no good restaurants nearby but we went to Brooklyns across the road - a local bar and grill - and the food was very good.

• Liked — Good price ($79) for clean room and free breakfast.
  • Disliked — Neighborhood was industrial
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Carlsbad, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in 2002 and were a little hesitant to make another reservation. At that time the hotel rooms were spartan and the hotel had little else to offer in ammenities.

Fast forward to 2007 - the rooms are better outfitted with newer televisions, coffee pots, iron and board, small fridge, and microwave. The interiors have been redecorated with slightly better furniture (albeit non-matching to carpet and wall decor). Internet access is very simple to hook up and comparable to ethernet/cable speeds.

Housekeeping is excellent. Front desk staff is usually helpful although not always very professional. Hotel location is close to the airport (as indicated TripAdvisor title) and within 7 miles from two good shopping malls and within 1 mile from numerous restaurants.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — no fitness room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

Booked this hotel because we wanted to get some Marriott nights to count towards Elite status.

I agree with the review that this hotel looks like a Motel 6...it definitely doesn't look like any Marriott I've ever stayed at (although this was my first time at a Fairfield Inn). The room was small, the beds were a bit spongy and the bathroom was mediocre.

The week we were in Tucson all the hotels seemed to be ridiculously expensive...we paid 169 then 149/night for this hotel. Hotel is located across a parking lot from a Wendy's and gas station but there is really nothing else in the area. Freeway access is right there or you can take Alvernon Parkway to go north into the city.

Breakfast was free and good.

I guess I expected more for the money, but at least the hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly.

Stayed February 2007
Lawrenceville, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2006

The first room I checked into had a slight odor, but not overpowering. I planned on accepting it until I found the TV didn't work.

The second room smelled awful, so did the third. It was the strong odor of cheap cleaning solution covering up what might have actually been a less offensive odor (I think cigarettes).

Seriously, invest the extra $2 in the better cleaning solution, your guests will thank you for it.

I couldn't stay a 2nd night.

• Stayed November 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Encinitas, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

My son and I stayed here in February 2006 to visit the University of Arizona.

The room was nice, maybe a little nicer than the typical Fairfield. The rest of the grounds were clean and and well kept, but nothing fancy. The pool and hot tub were small and tucked away in the back of the property with no view. The staff was friendly and helpful, which is what we usually find at Marriott properties. The location isn't really close to anything interesting, but the freeway access is good and downtown and the UofA are about a 10-15 minute drive.

I would stay here again, but first I would shop around for something a little fancier or closer to town for the price.

• Stayed February 2006
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2005

I think this motel must have been owned by some other hotel chain before Marriott took it over. It feels like a Motel Six--narrow corridors, ugly carpeting, unfinished wall papers, and only one elevator for the whole place. The staff was fine and friendly. The front desk was very efficient. The breakfast was average, although the area used is much too small for the number of people trying to access the food area. My room was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but it reeked of smoke and that spray stuff they use to cover up the smell. The blankets and pillows were permeated with smoke. The room was pretty depressing although I think an effort had been made to gussy it up a little. Television was fine, and best of all there was no noise from the hall during the night. The location of the place is near the 10 Interstate, but not close enough to hear the trucks rumbling by. I won't stay here again because I think there must be better choices for the price, and I certainly wouldn't want to have to stay for more than one night. Marriott needs to make some improvements here.

Stayed November 2004

Been to Fairfield Inn Tucson I-10/Butterfield Business Park? Share your experiences!