“Filthy motel, I'm surprised I didn't get sick!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tucson Ina Rd

You added Travelodge Tucson Ina Rd to your Saves list
Travelodge Tucson Ina Rd
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4910 W Ina Rd, Right Off I-100, Exit 248, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
San Diego, CA
“Filthy motel, I'm surprised I didn't get sick!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I'll begin by saying that I made a reservation through Hotels.com and paid $30 more a night than the advertised rate and am in the middle of a dispute to get a refund for the $30 x 3 nights.

The lobby is really shabby with a nasty looking leather couch. I tried to check in at about 11am and was told that a room with a Queen bed was not available but that for $10 more a night he could accomodate me in another room. I told him that I was not interested in paying more and was looking for a quiet, clean, non-smoking room. I went back a few hours later and was given a room that was quiet for the most part but smelled of old smoke and was definitely not clean.

Regarding the noise- there are signs up in the lobby warning that there is train noise, I faintly heard it in the distance.
Other guests slammed doors in the early morning.
The room- the chair was stained, the wall had missing paint, their were only 2 small towels in the bathroom and they were so ratty looking. The tub was dirty and very small and the shower knob was falling off the wall. I dropped a plastic bag behind the night stand and it was still there 3 days later. The sheets were not changed, it was gross.
There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot which could be a plus for some travelers.
Breakfast- packaged cookies, oatmeal packets, apples (which I saw some people touching and then putting back), crappy frozen bagels, cream cheese (not refrigerated), cereal dispensers with cereals that didn't match the name on the dispensers (which were filthy), and milk in a pitcher (not refrigerated), and orange and cranberry juice dispensers.

Staying here was the worst decision. I would never come back!
This would probably be a fine choice for someone traveling across the country and just needing a place to sleep/rest.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

Although we reserved two rooms for one night, I only saw the one we were in and it was quite dirty. The tv remote did not work and we had to ask for a coffee maker. After the coffee maker was delivered to our room we had to ask for coffee, also! The cloth covered chair was so dirty I put towels on it so we could sit on it. The side of the towel touching the chair was filthy when I picked it up before leaving. The walls, doors, and floors were very dirty. I particularly noticed the black grunge on the door leading into the lobby. Housekeeping was extremely poor in the breakfast lounge area, too. In the morning the "breakfast" was prepackaged oatmeal cookies, oatmeal, and decaf coffee. At 8 a.m. they were out of coffee, orange juice, cranberry juice, bagels, jelly, and cereal. We paid $100 for each room and it was adequate if you just want a place to sleep and take a shower. There is a Denny's next door for breakfast. The room also has a refrigerator, microwave and hairdryer that we did not use. If noise bothers you, note that trains go by several times at night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

It was OK, but there are probably nicer hotels for the same price nearby. My room had chipped paint in it, the customer service was not impressive (but it was adequate), the breakfast items that should have been cold (milk, cream cheese) were warm and there are train tracks nearby. You could hear train whistles all night. The hotel did have easy to use wireless internet, though the signal was weak in my room. The pool was located at a sister hotel across the street. The hotel felt kinda creepy at night.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

This review is for the Travelodge on West Ina Road.

Initially, the desk clerk put us in the wrong room, so we had to move. In the new room, we found dirty rags on the toilet in the bathroom. We pulled down the covers for the bed and saw pet hair all over the sheets. We had to go to the office to get replacement sheets (with a very cool response from the clerk who stated she would "tell her manager" about the problems).

The "breakfast" room was filthy. There were dirty rags laying on the floor in several places.

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

Stayed March 2007
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

Make sure you get a written rate confirmation at check in. On the day I checked out four other rooms didn't have a printed quote from when they checked in and the rate they were charged was higher than they expected. The chek in clerk didn't have them sign in or confirm rates.

When I checked in, I was told there was not need to give a credit card as my reservation had my card info. When I checked out my price was $5 more per night for my stay, plus taxes. Because I had been listening to the other guests problems, I was cautious to check my printout reservation after leaving the office.

When I went back to the office with my reservation, to get the price corrected the woman said most people waited until they got their credit card statements to get the rate changed. She redid the charge but didn't do a reversal saying she "replaced" the original charge. When I asked her to write her name and void on the original receipts, both my and her copies, she balked, but after the third request did so.

Paulette is the person to contact if you were overcharged.

It seems like a regular occurance to me and feels a little fradulent.

• Liked — Price (as originally quoted)
  • Disliked — Piles of trash at the base of the rear stairwell that remained the entire stay - 4 days
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2006

We recently stayed at the Travelodge in Tucson (the one on Ina Road). For the price $49.99/night it was pretty good. I wanted to write this review more to let everyone know about what to ask for if certain items are important for you to have.

Most of the internet ads on the location state internet access each room as well as micro and fridge. Some of the rooms have this and some do not. The front desk staff are not sure which ones do have wireless (or even if they have DSL access through a plug in the wall). You really have to check in early in the day to hopefully get one of these rooms with the amenities you need or care about. The girl was nice as she let us try a couple rooms out to see if we could get access (which was kinda weird as we actually ended up opening up someone else's checked in room by mistake..but that's where she told us to go). After a couple of tries we ended up in the downstairs room of #105. So to everyone who needs wireless access (or DSL), a micro and fridge -- we do know for sure that #105 has that all.

When I had called ahead to confirm my reservation (which they only had down 1 night instead of the 3 I booked online and had paper confirmation for) the male staff person on the phone said that for sure internet access was in #201 and that he would book us in that one. But when we arrived at the motel, that was the room that had someone in it already that we walked in on! oops!

So all in all, the amenities are there at the location -- but you have to be patient with the office staff (and they are very nice and helpful if you need something) and patient in general to find them. Luckily, it wasn't too hot when we were there and didn't have to wait too long.

Some of the fixtures in the room are old and need repair and not entirely spotless, and the continental breakfast is pretty continental and ends slightly before their scheduled time. But again, good stay for the price and net access use to cost a whole lot to have before wireless -- so a good deal all in all once again. Also, the location is north of downtown about 7 miles or so right off the freeway, and feels actually very safe. It was also really quiet (and it was a Saturday night) even though the motel was all booked up for that night.

Make sure you book through the actual Travelodge site to get the $49.99/night. Other sites are around that price but you end up a lot of the time having to charge your credit card beforehand, whereas, with the Travelodge site, it's just a guaranteed reservation with a credit card and you pay at check-out.

Happy Traveling!!
Todd & Diane :)

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Travelodge Tucson Ina Rd? Share your experiences!