“Wouldn't stay again..No bang for your buck...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Downtown Tucson

You added Clarion Inn Downtown Tucson to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Downtown Tucson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   750 W. Starr Pass Blvd., I-10 & Frontage Road Exit 259, Tucson, AZ 85713 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Tucson Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #108 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Gresham, Oregon
“Wouldn't stay again..No bang for your buck...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The only reason it gets a "poor" not "terrible" is because we actually spent the whole night. Staff at check in was more interested in chatting with her "visitor" than checking me in. Pool was dirty, and the spa jets didn't work. This place needs a SERIOUS MAKE OVER. Half the signage says "Quality Inn" (Thought this was a Clarion?) Our room the sliding glass door was a joke. It either needed to stay shut, or open closing it was a huge chore it barely even worked. The curtain rod was broken from the ceiling. Towels were stained, mold on bathroom ceiling. It looked as though someone sneezed on the wall in the bathroom and housekeeping didn't bother to clean it. The faucet for the shower was broken off the wall, you could take the whole piece off. Breakfast was standard, danishes, juice, bagel (thins), and a (1 ONE) waffle maker. It was too busy with kids to be able to use.

When I checked out, I told the girl at the front desk about our room, (who didn't even look old enough to be working) said oh sorry, did you want a receipt? What I wanted was some reassurance that this is not how their hotel operates and we got a fluke room. But I should have known I wouldn't get any thing like that when I saw at the managers desk a child just sitting on a lap top.

Granted I chose this place due to location off the I-10, and for the price. But I also chose it because it was a Clarion, which according to Choice Hotels, is their top of the line hotel chain. I would not stay here again. Was very disappointed. I have worked in hotels for 10+ years, I'm not much of a complainer. But I do believe if the hotel management doesn't hear the problems they will never be fixed. (But judging by how the respond to comments, nothing will be fixed.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Morehead, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels, this was the worst. Carpet was dirty, bed had hair , toilet did not work and worst of all no water for a shower. I have never asked to speak to management, but I did this time. Of course he/she wasn't available. I was told I would get a phone call by end of day. Still waiting. Feel free to read my other reviews, I am not picky. Hope this saves someone's trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Glendale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Uncomfortable beds, dirty carpet, noisy AC, not enough towels for 3 people,lack of variety in free breakfast, dirty towel, and dirty bathroom.

We had already made reservation and did not have another choice but to sleep here on our way to Mexico from Los Angeles. Although customer service was great, the room was just not comfortable or cleaned at all. We just wanted to get out of there and hit the road.

Maybe we chose the wrong hotel, but it did offer convenient location close to freeway entrance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wellton, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hotel staff was very nice and did a great job keeping the team on the same floor and close to each other. They even made sure we had the room with an adjoining door so we could keep an eye on the girls. The breakfast was okay they just need to keep it stocked better.
Downside rooms do need an uplift they are old and you can see where the paint is coming off the walls and the tubs need to be replaced they are useable but needs repairs. There is no maintence after 5p and I wasn't thrilled about having to unclog the girls bathroom and clean up the mess and then had to take everything down to front desk not what I would call fun.
There is a restaurant right next door and the food is good and at a good price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Litchfield Park, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I thought Clarion was a premium brand? NOT HERE! The hotel is located between the highway and a railroad track. There are several hotels in the area, including this one, with sub 40 dollar prices. My wife would not stay after seeing this place, it is frightening in several ways. Dirty, hot, I have no idea where the photos came from but they do not reasonably represent this hotel. The hotel staff is very poorly trained and is NOT interested in your business, just your money. Noisy bar next door.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. This is a really bad area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Clean and comfortable AND affordable. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast was small and the waffle batter was thin but all in all I consider this one of the best stays of the trip. Room was very clean the bed linens were crisp and clean, the mattress was good. Microwave fridge, and inroom coffee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and were in Tucson for just one night so we were looking for something cheap and this hotel is not in downtown Tucson, it is in South Tucson which is apparently not an up and coming section of town.
The lady at the front desk had no trouble finding our reservation and she even gave us an upgrade. We had a huge room with a bathroom that had double sinks and a tub/shower combo that had chips but had a great shower head and plenty of hot water.
It needs lots of updating but that will likely never happen so why worry with it when you are not staying a week. I do not ask for more when I pay $50.00.

Room Tip: Rooms away from main highway are the least noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn Downtown Tucson? Share your experiences!