“A good value for the money, but a bit far from the heart of Tucson” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7001 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A good value for the money, but a bit far from the heart of Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My room was only $68 (including tax), which I thought was an incredible value. I had a great check-in experience, with fast and friendly service. When I entered the rear door to get to the elevator, I immediately smelled a smoky odor. Luckily, the 4th floor appeared to be a smoke-free floor, because I didn't smell any smoke whatsoever, either in the hallway or in my room.

This is a pet-friendly hotel and I saw a couple dogs outside with their owner. I didn't hear any barking dogs, however. This hotel is very close to the Tucson Airport but I didn't notice any airplane noise after 10:30 pm. When I got down to the breakfast buffet at 8:45 am, they were already out of muffins and donuts. There were plenty of bagels, waffle batter (make-your own-waffles), bread for toasting, yogurt, cereal, coffee, and juices available, however.

The internet service was frightfully slow. The AC/Heating unit was very loud and rattled (I wore earplugs). Also, I didn't receive a USA Today newspaper by my door. Those were pretty minor issues, however, and I would definitely stay at this La Quinta location again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Nice clean hotel, the room was large and spacious. The room was cleaned every day and so was the bathroom. My only compliant was the location of our room, it was next to an exit door that when people left in the morning it woke me up. There was also a very loud fan near our room that turned on and off all the time. It did not bother my husband but it did bother my sleeping. If you want to sleep past 7am you will be awakened to airforce jets. I think we would stay there again, but I am on the fence. Also the neighborhood wasn't the best.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We were originally booked at the La Quinta downtown at Starr Pass (which has just this month lost its La Quinta franchise and is becoming a Clarion), but after reading recent TripAdvisor reports of car break ins and other unsavory information, we changed to this La Quinta. It was a bit out of the way from where we were visiting (Old Tucson Studios, Tombstone) but it was clean, comfortable, and felt very safe. The staff member who checked us in was generally friendly and knowledgeable about places to eat in the area. We took his advice on a steak place and were glad we did!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I moved here becasue my previous inn was so disgusting. As I had a early flight I went with this because it allowed me to turn my rental car in early and walk over. My only complaint was there was not a lot of places nearby to dine that I liked. Just some chains. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Orland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed here because I needed to be near the airport. This hotel is literally one block away from the entrance to the airport and you can get to the airport in less than five minutes - hotel provides free shuttle service. I did not hear any airplane noise at all during my stay. I had a room on the second floor and had asked for a quiet room.

I had a double queen room - the room was a typical hotel room. They had better than average bathrooms - extra counter space so I could lay out all my toiletries and do my hair away from the sink. The hotel room had an extra mirror and counter outside of the bathroom leading into the bedroom area. This allows a female to do hair and makeup outside of the bathroom if more than one person using bathroom - nice feature.

Other nice features about the hotel - simple but nice workout room included four or five cardio machines and one boflex-type machine with a TV and workout towels. The hotel has an outside pool which I didn't use. The lobby where breakfast is served is very nice with ample room. The breakfast is served starting at 5am and was nicely laid out with the typical breakfast items. The only hot item was waffles.

Since the hotel was only about 30 percent full - I asked if they wouldn't put any other guests in rooms near mine since I am a light sleeper. They accomodated my request and I got a good night's sleep.

A few cons - some of the rooms are far away from the lobby where you have to walk down two long corridors to get there; a slight knocking sound when I turned on the heat that eventually stopped; had to ask for a second room because the drain plug wasn't working right in first room; they should put a bell at the front desk so that desk attendants know when people are there - they were frequently around like in the back office but not in sight when you first came in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

My family and I stayed here the night before flying out of Tucson. I am a bit partial to La Quinta because they can offer outstanding value depending on the location. This location didn't disappoint. It was quiet, clean, very close to the airport, and offered wonderful rates.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Met at the checkin with a smile, great comfortable room, walking distance to airport if you don't want to take the shuttle.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!