“Worst hotel I have ever stayed at!” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7001 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85706   |
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Roseville, California
“Worst hotel I have ever stayed at!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The employee that checked me in didn't crack a smile and was very impersonal. The General Manager took my luggage from my car and delivered it to my room:). My son and his family and myself (5 of us) were stuck in the elevator for about 10 min. Tried to use the emergency phone that didn't work enough to talk to anyone. The front desk heard us but never sent anyone to the elevator. We had to call 911. The elevator finally opened on it's own. Sand was on the carpet from my grandaughters shoes that was not vacuumed when the room was cleaned, the toilet seat was broken and the tub was filthy with stains. I wasn't offered any compensation for any of it. Just a "I'm sorry".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wickenburg, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

When we stay at La Quinta we always have very nice accommodations and other enjoyable amenities. The beds are so comfortable. The breakfast is ample and fresh and provides a good start to our day. The fitness center is a plus if you have time. We enjoy having the free WiFi too. All in all we can't ask for much better... especially for the price.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I normally stay at the LaQuinta location on Broadway in Tucson, AZ, however, I decided to stay at the Airport location due to the rate was cheaper, the pool is heated and the accomodations/rooms/hotel are much nicer. I would recommend this location for those people who are traveling and would like to get a nights sleep before moving on to their other destinations, or just for a weekend getaway.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I picked this la quinta with little research. The hotel itself & staff are great. Nice spacious rooms. Friendly faces. But as a roadtripper it was not convenient to restaurants or business centers. It's an airport/warehouse district. My bad. Luckily you can't hear the airplanes unless you're in the parking lot (ouch). I found the east end location on the way back through town & will stay there again instead. I imagine it's perfect for the business traveler. It just didn't meet my driving & walkability needs.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The dirtiest hotel, oranges that were put out for breakfast had mold and they were rotten. Told hotel staff and all they could say was yea they look bad. Never took them, left them out. It is run down and I do not think they have cleaned this place in years. The towels are sand paper and the carpets are so stained, burn marks on pictures in room. Elevator interior has paneling missing I could go on and on. Just horrible

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Now stay here regularly when In AZ; no change in qualiity over past three years.

Best accomodations for proximity to airport (but distant from Sabena Canyon), provides breakfast at 0500 and superb limo sevice from and to airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!