You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4250 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85718 (Formerly Windmill Suites of Tucson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, TX
“Exceeded Expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I found the Windmill Inn on Trip Advisor and it exceeded even the positive ratings given by others. I loved the Spanish exterior, the suites, the service,and being tucked behind a Farmer's Market.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

The room was huge--a sort of suite--and clean but without character.
When I arrived to check in, the clerk was on the phone with a supervisor, and stayed on the phone, on and on, while I waited. If I were his supervisor I'd want him to say, "I have a customer, I'll call you back." When he finally waited on me he did apologize.
I asked for an especially quiet room. He put me next to several roaring soda and ice machines. When will hotels learn that trying to sleep next to these machines isn't "quiet"? I should have asked for a different room, but I was so tired I decided just to go to bed.
The bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast included--fruit, cereal, self-made waffles, hard-boiled eggs, rolls, Danish, coffee, juice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
seattle, washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

A great place to stay if single, family, or disabled. Located in a pretty shopping center with fountains in north end of Tuscon, easy to find if new to area. Lobby is comfy and cheerful with ice water, coffee and tea 24 hours, eggs, juice, waffles, toast, cereal and pastry + for breakfast. Rooms have separate living room, small kitchen with microwave and fridge, couch, writing desk. Very clean. Pool and hot tub are great to ways to relax, quiet and pleasant. First floor great if in wheelchair or walking-challenged! Staff is helpful and friendly. Rates are reasonable.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

Windmill Inn has great rooms/suites and a very friendly, helpful staff. Two TVs in two rooms was great...my daughter could watch what she wanted, and so could I [plenty of decent stations to choose from...including the Disney Channel, a winner if you have kids]. Small refrigerator, microwave and small sink were in a small room...very convenient. The stand-alone sink between bedroom and bathroom was another positive feature. Breakfast was fine...you could make a waffle, choose from several cereals, have some orange juice, fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc. The Windmill offers you a chocolate chip cookie sometime after 4 pm each day... all you have to do is stop by the desk and ask for it. The staff allowed us to check in early and leave late...we have a special needs child, and we really appreciated the Windmill's willingness to do that for us. Plenty of parking...right next to the hotel. We'll definitely stay at the Windmill the next time we're in Tucson...and heartily recommend it...it was a great value for us, as we were able to obtain a relatively low room rate via their website.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
cleveland ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

we were very glad we found this hotel on trip advisor, it met our needs beautifully. the continental breakfast was great, the staff friendly, the grounds very nice. we had a king suite which allowed room for my husband, myself and my grown son on the pullout couch in his own room. hotel was very busy during spring training/spring break time but managed to accomodate all well, except we never got those free cookies!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Definitely a good hotel. Rooms are clean and spacious. Complimentary continental breakfast has some nice touches, such as hard boiled eggs and a waffle maker. Seemed like a good value, though my friend and I had a special, pre-negotiated rate for a wedding. Staff was cordial. Location didn't seem very central, though I don't know Tucson very well. Was next to a popular bike trail.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

It was the best four day trip I've ever had. It was suggested by a friend and I was amazed! The suites were both comfortable and spacious, as well as clean and beautiful. The staff was superb: professional, polite, knowledgeable, and the went above and beyond. The front desk found us great places to visit and wonderful restaurants to experience. They took care of our every need. I've been to such a wonderful place. It was quiet, relaxing and the pool was heated to the perfect temperature. This is a must visit!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University

Address: 4250 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85718 (Formerly Windmill Suites of Tucson)
Location: United States > Arizona > Tucson
#13 Romantic Hotel in Tucson
#17 Family Hotel in Tucson
#22 Business Hotel in Tucson
Hotel Class:2 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University 2*
All-suite Tucson, AZ, hotel near the University of Arizona Located less than five miles from the University of Arizona's main campus, Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University places guests near sporting events and cultural attractions. This extended-stay hotel in Tucson, Arizona, is set in the beautiful St. Philip's Plaza in the Catalina foothills, with wonderful shopping and dining options just steps away, including a weekend Farmer's Market featuring Southern Arizona's largest market devoted entirely to locally grown and manufactured products. Our Tucson hotel by Rillito River Park offers 12 miles of riverside trails. Enjoy easy access to Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Biosphere 2. Corporate travelers will appreciate our proximity to Honeywell, Raytheon, Ventana Medical and the University of Arizona Medical Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Windmill Suites Of Tucson Hotel Tucson
Windmill Inn Tucson

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.