“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Waco, Tx
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

The hotel and staff are summarily above and beyond. We frequently travel to Tucson and can always rely on this hotel for the upmost in accomodations and comfort. Rooms are spacious and welcoming. In room internet was always readily available. Large courtyard nice for relaxing after the days work and a grill/bar with large screens to watch all the games while socializing. The staff are friendly and helpful with any request. Location is convenient and quick to most restaurants and retail, with short easy drive to Davis-Monthan AFB. Our hotel mainstay when travelling to Tucson, a true travel "home away from home".

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Thank you so much for your great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay enough to call us your "home away from home". Thank you for noting the size and comfort of the rooms, as well as many of the amenities around the hotel. Thank you also for mentioning our great location to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and restaurants/shopping. We look forward to being your "home away from home" again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Scottsdale,AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

We checked in late and as soon as we opened the door, the odor was a cat or human smell of urine, I opened the patio door which helped on 3 rd floor,otherwise everything else was acceptable.
I will ask more about the Mountain view next time, we overlooked residental housing across street and the mountain view was to the North of us.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We are a pet friendly hotel, and while we strive to thoroughly clean the rooms after a pet has stayed, it sounds as though we may have missed something this time. Please know that this is not a common occurance, and we will work even harder to make sure that we catch everything next time.
Thank you again for taking the time to post, and we hope that you will consider us again in the future so we can exceed your expectations.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I found the suite was a nice size, and the internet connection was great. The beds were fine, and the layout worked well for my 20 year old daughter and me. The nicest things were a beautiful sunset seen over the mountains and very good service at the front desk. However, I found the whole experience was somewhat unpleasant because of the condition of the bathroom. The counter had stains (from burns?) and was chipped, and the tile in the shower either had mildew or mildew stains. I would recommend the Radisson as a good value if they just replaced the bathroom counters and regrouted the shower.

• Stayed January 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed the layout and many of the other details of your stay. We're sorry you found the bathroom below par. Please note that we are in a constant on-going process of updating the rooms as well as the rest of the property. Hopefully next time we will be able to exceed your expectations.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

staying here for three nights while visiting the area...hotel was easy to find...rooms (living room with TV and couch and chair, desk with comfortable computer chair and a fridge and coffee maker, bedroom (with TV) and the bathroom (great size)...are very clean...the bed so comfortable (you can adjust the firmness for both sides with a control)...I like to live *clean* and can't stand the thought of germs..which of course you can't avoid the minute you leave your own house...but ..from the floor ..to the sheets of the bed...to the look of the bathroom....believe me...when I say....I feel more than comfortable...highly recommend this hotel...one need a car to get around...plenty of food markets (Whole Foods is one)...fast food places and restaurants

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for noting several of the amenities within our rooms, as well as the cleanliness of the room. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Tucson!
CA and NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We booked a number of rooms here for our daughter's wedding, which was in another location in Tucson. The sales and marketing staff could not have more helpful every step of the way. The layout of the rooms as suites was perfect for our needs; we enjoyed the pool and had an excellent breakfast.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
rstucson, Management representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, December 11, 2009
Thank you so much for your review!

We are so happy to hear that you and your wedding party enjoyed your stay, and that everything and everyone here suited your needs.

Definitely come back to see us again!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

When you open up the door, you cannot see the bedroom! That was my first impression. The room has a microwave and a refrigerator. We had the king bed. The closet is in a room by itself and there is a sink opposite of the walk-in closet. That is connected to a bathroom that has a full bathtub and a separate shower. The bedroom has the sleep-number bed. The living room has a sofa with fold out bed and lounge chair. As you walk in you are by the cabinet with the microwave and frig. In front of that is the work desk and then the living room.

The rooms give the appearance as if the hotel was recently renovated. This is a large complex – long and wide yet only 5 floors. The Mountain View rooms are $10/nite extra. If necessary you can request a room nearest the elevators – there are several through the grounds. This will give you closer access to your car. The elevators are also near the ice machines and soda machines. Although I did not use the restaurant on the premises, I hear that their buffet breakfast is good. This may or may not be included in your room rate, check before assuming. Free wi-fi was a plus.

We enjoyed our stay with the exception of some very small inconveniences. Since the rooms have many amenities it would be best if you checked all of them out when you first arrive. For example the room has two TV’s – flat screen in the bedroom – but our room only had one remote. The microwave worked but sporadically. The much advertised Sleep Number bed did not work properly – I think. After pushing the buttons and hearing the noise as if the bed was adjusting, the mattress remained firm. Since we are used to sleeping on a firm mattress at home, we did not bother to complain. We just wonder if the beds are periodically checked to see if they perform or if the front desk waits until someone calls to complain.

Either way the stated inconveniences were minor to us and did not ruin our visit. Since management is very responsive at this hotel, I am sure that they will accommodate any problem a guest may experience. Additionally, they have movies by the swimming pool on Saturday nights – not late but they play in the evening. If this would pose a problem – request a room closer to the back. The hotel is a 20-25 minute ride from I-10. Make a note of this when traveling. The traffic lights give the time its length.

Overall, a very good stay and would return again when in the area. A very family friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, December 11, 2009
Thank you so much for your great review!

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and enjoyed your suite!

Thank you so much for mentioning several of the amenities we offer our guests. We do apologize for your inconveniences. Please note that your review and suggestions have been forwarded to the appropriate managers here on property to address.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back in the future!
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed here for work a few months ago. I had stayed here once before, and it was okay, but upon staying a second time, I really wouldn't recommend it. Yes, the grounds are nice, and the room is average, but that's about it. I was tired when I got to the hotel, and ordered the pizza from room service. I am not lying when I saw that it tasted WORSE then some of the grocery store pizzas I've consumed. It tasted like a watered down DiGiorno pizza.

What was the worst of my complaints was the bed! I am pretty sure I had some sort of defective sleep number bed, because I woke up with a backache that wouldn't go away for 3 days! I think there had to be a leak because when I woke up, the bed was completely uneven, and I definitely didn't "adjust" it that way before I went to bed.

Yes, the grounds are nice, and there are some pretty views, but I would recommend staying at another hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
Thank you so much for your recent review. We sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. The majority of our guests enjoy our Sleep Number beds and the ability to find their own comfort point. It does sound like there was something wrong with the bed in your room, which can be investigated by our Engineering Department. We would love to have another opportunity to show you that these were isolated incidents rather than the norm. Please come back and see us again.

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!