“Very good value; very good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #45 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Colorado
“Very good value; very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We checked in for four nights in early August. The friendly and welcoming front desk staff accommodated my request for a "quiet" room on the upper floor facing east. We were situated in a top floor room, well off Speedway and facing the beautiful mountains and Dorado Country Club. The room is large and well equipped with a nice sized refrigerator, microwave, real coffee pot.

HINT: Radisson is located very close to a Trader Joe's [approximately 1000 feet west], so you can stock up on coffee, snacks, and beverages. [NOTE: This TJ does not stock hard liquor; just beer and wine]. Also, Costco is an easy drive if you want to dine in with a rotisserie chicken, or such. Or you could drop in to the neighborhood In-N-Out Burger.

The linens are top shelf and the sleep number bed was quite comfortable, once we figured out the adjustment control [you have to hold the button down firmly and for a few seconds].

I appreciated use of the free Business Center. No parking and resort fees were an added bonus to the budget.

My only substantial gripe is the general condition of the carpet and furniture in the room. The carpet was in dire need of a good cleaning. I discussed this at length with staff and they informed me that the hotel does have a cleaning regimen for the rooms on a rotating basis. Turns out it wasn't my rooms "turn" yet. Otherwise, housekeeping was adequate. If the carpet is an issue with you, make some noise at the front desk and they will accommodate you. Also, on the cleanliness subject; the hotel accepts pets, but they are restricted to a few rooms on the ground floor.

In summary, I have stayed in numerous Tucson hotels during kids college days at U of A and family visits. Sorry Hilton, but Radisson Suites will be our first choice from now on.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, east side, to rear of property.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Maple Grove, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here visiting our daughter at the University. We would like to have stayed closer to the school, but by the time we booked, rooms were pretty tight. We took a pre-pay package for the room, which was in line with other hotels. The property here is beautiful and clean, the staff was very friendly, and the pool area was nice. The common areas were also clean and relaxing. We'll probably look at staying here again next time we visit Tucson.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I rented a mountain view suite and was impressed with how nice the room was. It was well kept and had a small fridge for my drinks. The hotel itself was clean and friendly and helpful front desk staff. A good hotel makes a trip and this one was one I will visit again when I travel to Tuscon

Room Tip: the mountain view rooms gives you a beautiful view in the morning and during the entire day. the n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Got a late start on our drive from San Diego to Virginia and by the time we hit Tuscon we were exhausted. Picked the Radisson Suites be cause of the rates and convenience. Made it to Happy Hour in their restaurant for a late and great mucnhie dinner and enjoyed a quiet comfortable night's rest before resuming our journey the next morning. Check-in and out was quick and courteous and the restaurant staff was most accommodating with recommendations for beverages and dessert.Thanks to all for a wonderful (although short) stay.

Buckeye, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My mom came to visit (from New England), and we wanted to go for a mini vacation somewhere so she could experience some true Arizona beauty. I booked a king suite with mountain view, and was completely thrilled with our view. The hotel is conveniently located on the same road as the highway, and is very close to several restaurants and stores (as well a less than 5 minutes from a Drive thru starbucks as well as a Trader Joes market.) We were within 15 minutes from everywhere we wanted to go. Very easy to get to the botanical gardens, Sabino Canyon, and several shoppes including a very nice mall. Our room had a fridge, microwave, full bathroom, sleep number bed, and 2 tvs. We loved our little patio to watch the mountains, people golfing at the nearby golfcourse, and sunrise/sunset. The pool/hot tub area was extremely beautiful, and a nice place to visit at night. There were also citrus trees and an orange grove, which was beautiful and smelt lovely. Our room was extremely clean and well maintained. Only negatives-- They didn't stock the room with more than 1 coffee or tea, which was odd. Also, I'm used to hotels providing a continental breakfast--and as far as I'm aware from our binder in our room they only offered a breakfast buffet for a pretty pricey cost.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suites with a mountain view. It was lovely and breathtaking to be on the 5th...
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This Radisson has a friendly and helpful desk staff, a decent restaurant, nice interior courtyards, and a fine pool. Unfortunately, the cleanliness of my room left a lot to be desired. All of the baseboards had noticeable accumulated dust. When I arrived the sink (which was very pitted) still held traces of the previous user's teeth brushing. The next day I found a piece of partially consumed candy on the floor. Hair on the shower floor went untouched. This hotel seriously needs better supervision of housekeeping.

Room Tip: The neighborhood is quiet and all doors face the inside so location doesn't make much difference...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MSQHR, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. I thank you for the positive comments on our service. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure everyone leaves happy. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper and assure you we are working diligently to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We hope that you will consider staying with us again when your travel needs bring you to the Tucson area.

Daniel Romero
Operations Director
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am shocked at the outstanding reviews of the hotel because the room was disgusting. The furnishings were old and dirty, there was no microwave as noted in a different review, the carpet was worn, the sleepnumber bed didn't adjust. In fact, it should be called a sleepfloor bed because it was hard as a rock. Overall, a horrible experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MSQHR, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your recent visit to our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel, our service, and cleanliness of our facility and assure you we strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your stay and make it right. We hope you will consider staying with us again and allow us to display our beautiful hotel and exceptional customer service.

Daniel Romero
520-239-143

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!