“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Pinconning, Michigan
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Radisson Suites is a nice hotel, but it isn't anything truly spectacular. The front desk staff was very helpful. They provided all of the appropriate information to access the free wireless internet. The room was clean and comfortable, and had separate areas for sleeping and watching TV. There was also a fridge and microwave in the room. The outside of the hotel does seem a little bit dated, but the inside courtyard is very beautiful. It is located nearby a number of different restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Got an Internet special. We're given a suite! Very clean. Mountain view. We stay 4 nights. Staff very accommodating. Be sure to order early room cleaning if u want service b4 3. Good pool and spa area, working exercise room, easy location. Nice restaurant on site and within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013
San Ramon, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for three days for a business trip. There was nothing particularly wrong with my experience. The building and rooms were older. My bathroom had been remodeled a bit, and it was a very large suite for one person. The bed was a Sleep Number bed, so it was pretty comfortable. My only negative comment about this hotel would be that it does not feel very welcoming coming through the wrought iron security gates at the various entrances in the dark, and some of the rooms on the lower floor do seem dark and underground as another reviewer mentioned. My room was totally fine though. For the money and the location I required, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I use to stay at the Radisson at the airport before it turned into a double tree. Probablely brought in a few $100,000 with the firefighters we brought there for training. This Radisson is nothing compared to that one. Breakfast is way over priced, $14 for an adult is rediculous. Pool was like a frat party completely out of control and I would not allow my kids in there which I got to hear my youngest cry all the way back to the room. The room leaks from the roof and the towel holders fall of when you grab a towel. There is a lot of other good hotels around this area that would be a better bet over this one.

• Stayed March 2013
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with your most recent stay at the Radisson Suites Tucson. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and will be used to improve the service at our facility. We hope that you will consider giving us a second chance to demonstrate what a great hotel we have. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

520.239.1143
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Radisson Suites in Tucson several times as it is close by to the assisted living facility where my in-laws reside, but convenience isn't everything. I found the front desk staff to be aloof and not very helpful. We were checking in on a Friday night around 11pm, and stood in line, when two airline pilots butted ahead and were efficiently checked in while we waited. We were obviously before them and not a mention of this from the two women who were working the desk. Very rude. We drove around to the parking area for our room, which was crowded, and had to park far from our entrance. The room was pricey and not good quality, very sparse, and shabby. The coffee maker is the pod sort, and broke down at all of our visits. This was reported but never fixed. Beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. The buffet breakfast was cold, bland, and overly salted. Could hear noise from guests late at night and from traffic on Speedway Blvd., even though we were in the back off the main road. On the plus side, the bathrooms were immaculate and lots of hot water. Also good to have a frig and microwave. Would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the service and conditions of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact me.

520.239.1143
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Check-in was swift and courteous; however, my single suite assignment was not very satisfactory. It was way at the back end of the complex, "underground" and adjacent to a cinder block/brick wall. It was dark and dismal. This would be good if a tornado was in the vicinity but that would be the only good thing about the location. Looking around the rooms prior to going back to the lobby to request another one, everything appeared satisfactory and clean but the location was definitely not to my liking. Hotel staff were swift in assigning me another room on the first floor and closer to the lobby. however, the view was on the same level looking out at the parking lot. I kept my curtains closed because of people walking past the room's windows both in the living area and bedroom. But this was much better than the previous one that I had just switched from and I did not wish to go back and complain. My mistake? Perhaps. The housekeeping staff kept the rooms clean but were miserly in keeping the toiletries stocked. I had to also remove the empty tissue box so it could be replaced and had to do with one bar of soap for two days in the main toilet area. I used it for both hand/face washing and into the shower. The day before I left, I noticed a control on the bed which I found out was for "sleep by numbers". The mattress on the side of the bed I slept on had already "deflated" on the third night, and I was ready to go to the lobby and ask that something be done to make the bed more comfortable because it was almost flat; however, upon discovering this control, I inflated the mattress again and all was well. Wish this control had been on the bed upon checking in and not four days later. I didn't know it existed prior to that time. I had a king-size bed and moved to the other side of the bed which was still inflated. The courtyard area was well kept, the pool looked large and inviting, however, the weather was not conducive to swimming. Snow (yes, in Tucson) and quite cool. One night there was a lit fire pit which added atmosphere. Now, my really big complaint is/was with the shuttle service. For this large of a facility, it was difficult if not impossible to get shuttle service around the time(s) I needed it. I was told that Radisson had a contract with an airline and its pilots got preference. OK, what about its residents? Upon arriving at the Tucson airport.and calling the hotel for pickup shuttle service, the van arrived in a timely fashion; however, on the way to the hotel, we had to pick up a "pilot" at the Gem Show and no one knew exactly where he was waiting.. We wasted over one-half hour looking, driving around and searching for this pilot causing me to be late for a scheduled dinner. Three days before I was to leave and return to the airport, I went to make a reservation for shuttle service and was told that I had to take an early shuttle or else make other arrangements (taxi?). I decided to take the shuttle and arrived at the airport over three hours prior to my scheduled flight. Tucson's airport is not large and not crowded! I did see that there were two vans parked in the circular driveway at the Radisson that morning. So many pilots and no hotel guests using this service? I don't think so! There were two others also having to go in the morning for a mid-afternoon flight at the same time I left. Better scheduling with assigned times might be the answer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level near the front of the complex overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I am here with 3 bus loads of softball players and as I am sure I am the high paying customer...they put me next to laundry...the room is ok but the office chair is broken...I waited 20 minutes in the bar and never was served...never ever will I stay here again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up Radisson standards. We apologize for the disappointing experience you received in the restaurant. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concerns further, please contact me directly. I would love the opportunity to make it right.

Thank you.
520.239..143
dromero@rstucson.com

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!