“Gone Way Down Hill!” 2 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
“Gone Way Down Hill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel every year since it was built. That has been over 20 years. I am not an occasional traveler.

The sinks back up, water comes up in sink when toilet flushes. Never a complete set of towels. Not a complete set of pillows. Bugs at night now. Fridge did not work. HVAC does not work properly. Pretty worn out place. This place is due for a complete make over.

Free breakfast but the coffee IS UNDRINKABLE, is so strong and bitter!!! YUCK!!! I normally wouldn't say anything as petty as a cup of coffee, but we have complained for over 15 years about the coffee to no avail.

Room Tip: Never accept a room here that overlooks the kitchen or everything you own will smell like grease, in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review our hotel. It is through guest’s feedback we can improve our operations. On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Suites Tucson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. Currently we are in the process of updating our rooms, furniture and decor to create a more up-to-date and modern feeling. We appreciate your twenty years of business hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you again, and I assure you we will amend our previous shortcomings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I headed to Tuscon to take part of the 40th Anniversary of McKale Center and attend my first ever UofA Wildcats BB game!! That part was very exciting..the hotel not so much. I had stayed here with my family about 2 yrs ago and was really impressed with the hotel. Most of the hotels near the university were booked, so I thought what the heck, let's stay there again. Well, we paid a hefty price for a so-so experience. We were excited to book a king bed with a sleep number bed. When we checked in it was a problem, our room wasn't ready. Now, we arrived after 3pm actually closer to 4pm. The front desk person didn't want to give us our original room, she wanted to force us into a double room. First off, I paid for a King room and second I don't have to explain my personal life. I didn't want a double room no matter how hard she insisted. Her song didn't change, she insisted it was still dirty and wasn't going to be ready for a while and kept pushing us towards the double room. We didn't say much and she left the desk to check on something. While she was gone, another front desk employee insisted the room was ready and we could check in. After the original front desk person came back they proceeded to argue about whether the room was ready or not. That discussion was fun to listen to. The second employee found us a room and upgraded us (we were very grateful for her.) We checked into our premium room. It was basically the same room with a tiny patio that two patio chairs. The room was how I remembered, small couch and a small chair with an executive desk. The bed was HORRIBLE. The sleepnumber bed was a pain and not that comfortable. The bathroom was fine, a little dusty but nothing overly gross to call called the front desk on. We were there for one night, needless to say I would stay there again but for a MUCH lower price and NEVER pick the sleepnumber room again.

Room Tip: Don't get a sleepnumber bed unless you like them....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is an older hotel that has been kept up reasonably well. The rooms have a bedroom but no kitchen. A microwave, coffee pot and a desk are nicely placed in one corner of the large den. The bedroom is located off the bathroom. The large chair and couch remind me of the beach furniture from the Gulf Coast. All furniture was in in good shape. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of hot water.

The rooms are well insulated from adjacent rooms. However, every cart that is rolled above the room or on the same floor is heard from 50 feet away. Rubber tires would help with the noise. Hard heeled shoes will also be easily heard.

The washer and dryer are located on one side of the hotel-there are only three units in a closet and utility room ($0.75-Wash & $0.50-Dry). I reported to the front desk that powder had been thrown into the dryer in the utility room but no one came to clean it out for the 1-1/2 hours that I stayed with my clothes.

The coffee in the room is good. I asked for some more to be brought to the room one morning (9 am) but never arrived (10 pm). We went to the front desk to ask for more coffee packs.

The business center is adequate as well as the work out room (old hotel room). The courtyard noise will be heard if you are in the den but not so much while you are in the bedroom. The noise heard in the bedroom is from parking lot and you will hear the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Get a room located to the east side. These rooms are located near the rest. and parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate all of your comments and feedback. I do apologize for the noise in relation to the carts, we are working on upgrading all of them so they do not make such a clatter on the sidewalks outside the rooms. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kevin Buck
san diego, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Filthy room...mold all over the shower, cracked tiles and two holes in the wall where a hand towel bar once resided. office chair looked like someone had had an accident on it. basically spent $200 to stay in a hotel that felt like a hotel 6 (right down to the exterior room accesses).

Room Tip: just give this place a pass
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and expressing your concerns. I am sorry to hear of the issues that came up during your stay. I assure you we take pride in our product and strive to exceed our guest's expectations. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider giving us another try during your next stay in Tucson.

Daniel Romero
520-239-1143
dromero@rstucson.com
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My recent trip to Tucson for interviews was extremely relaxing and enjoyable. I attribute this to how accomodating the Radisson was. The staff was quite helpful (especially Mr. Romero). The gentleman who picked me up from the airport was very friendly and knowledgeable about the Tucson area. The staff at the front desk have been very friendly as well. I enjoyed dining at the restaurant each night while here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The World
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Radisson Suites Tucson (6555 East Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ, tel. 520-721-7100, www.radissontucson.com) was a huge complex. Our two room suite, room 441 cost $298.56 for two days plus $12 per day for breakfast for the two of us. The suite was two small rooms in a kind of odd configuration but it worked for us. It was big enough for us to unload our car entirely and the hotel had a storeroom in which we could lock up our bikes. The hotel was quiet and the one desk was big enough for both Dimitri and Audre to set up their computers and work at. The breakfast was good. One of us used the on-premises gym but we didn't have time to use the pool or the Jacuzzi. The front desk people were nice, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Suite 441 was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was a great place to stay. We liked the enclosed courtyard. It was very secure, which is nice when traveling with younger children. you need a room key to get into the courtyard. I also liked how all the rooms faced the courtyard.This was the second time we stayed here. We would definitely go back. The pool was nice and clean, and heated.The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The Raddison is also located in a nice area. Close to many shopping areas and resturants. We would recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in Tucson to check out the Raddison.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the warm Arizona weather and our pool area. I am also happy that you took advantage of our location and all of the shopping and restaurants in our area. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kevin Buck

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!