“Overnight Trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Glendale, Arizona
“Overnight Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I headed to Tuscon to take part of the 40th Anniversary of McKale Center and attend my first ever UofA Wildcats BB game!! That part was very exciting..the hotel not so much. I had stayed here with my family about 2 yrs ago and was really impressed with the hotel. Most of the hotels near the university were booked, so I thought what the heck, let's stay there again. Well, we paid a hefty price for a so-so experience. We were excited to book a king bed with a sleep number bed. When we checked in it was a problem, our room wasn't ready. Now, we arrived after 3pm actually closer to 4pm. The front desk person didn't want to give us our original room, she wanted to force us into a double room. First off, I paid for a King room and second I don't have to explain my personal life. I didn't want a double room no matter how hard she insisted. Her song didn't change, she insisted it was still dirty and wasn't going to be ready for a while and kept pushing us towards the double room. We didn't say much and she left the desk to check on something. While she was gone, another front desk employee insisted the room was ready and we could check in. After the original front desk person came back they proceeded to argue about whether the room was ready or not. That discussion was fun to listen to. The second employee found us a room and upgraded us (we were very grateful for her.) We checked into our premium room. It was basically the same room with a tiny patio that two patio chairs. The room was how I remembered, small couch and a small chair with an executive desk. The bed was HORRIBLE. The sleepnumber bed was a pain and not that comfortable. The bathroom was fine, a little dusty but nothing overly gross to call called the front desk on. We were there for one night, needless to say I would stay there again but for a MUCH lower price and NEVER pick the sleepnumber room again.

Room Tip: Don't get a sleepnumber bed unless you like them....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is an older hotel that has been kept up reasonably well. The rooms have a bedroom but no kitchen. A microwave, coffee pot and a desk are nicely placed in one corner of the large den. The bedroom is located off the bathroom. The large chair and couch remind me of the beach furniture from the Gulf Coast. All furniture was in in good shape. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of hot water.

The rooms are well insulated from adjacent rooms. However, every cart that is rolled above the room or on the same floor is heard from 50 feet away. Rubber tires would help with the noise. Hard heeled shoes will also be easily heard.

The washer and dryer are located on one side of the hotel-there are only three units in a closet and utility room ($0.75-Wash & $0.50-Dry). I reported to the front desk that powder had been thrown into the dryer in the utility room but no one came to clean it out for the 1-1/2 hours that I stayed with my clothes.

The coffee in the room is good. I asked for some more to be brought to the room one morning (9 am) but never arrived (10 pm). We went to the front desk to ask for more coffee packs.

The business center is adequate as well as the work out room (old hotel room). The courtyard noise will be heard if you are in the den but not so much while you are in the bedroom. The noise heard in the bedroom is from parking lot and you will hear the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Get a room located to the east side. These rooms are located near the rest. and parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate all of your comments and feedback. I do apologize for the noise in relation to the carts, we are working on upgrading all of them so they do not make such a clatter on the sidewalks outside the rooms. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kevin Buck
san diego, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Filthy room...mold all over the shower, cracked tiles and two holes in the wall where a hand towel bar once resided. office chair looked like someone had had an accident on it. basically spent $200 to stay in a hotel that felt like a hotel 6 (right down to the exterior room accesses).

Room Tip: just give this place a pass
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and expressing your concerns. I am sorry to hear of the issues that came up during your stay. I assure you we take pride in our product and strive to exceed our guest's expectations. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider giving us another try during your next stay in Tucson.

Daniel Romero
520-239-1143
dromero@rstucson.com
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My recent trip to Tucson for interviews was extremely relaxing and enjoyable. I attribute this to how accomodating the Radisson was. The staff was quite helpful (especially Mr. Romero). The gentleman who picked me up from the airport was very friendly and knowledgeable about the Tucson area. The staff at the front desk have been very friendly as well. I enjoyed dining at the restaurant each night while here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The World
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Radisson Suites Tucson (6555 East Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ, tel. 520-721-7100, www.radissontucson.com) was a huge complex. Our two room suite, room 441 cost $298.56 for two days plus $12 per day for breakfast for the two of us. The suite was two small rooms in a kind of odd configuration but it worked for us. It was big enough for us to unload our car entirely and the hotel had a storeroom in which we could lock up our bikes. The hotel was quiet and the one desk was big enough for both Dimitri and Audre to set up their computers and work at. The breakfast was good. One of us used the on-premises gym but we didn't have time to use the pool or the Jacuzzi. The front desk people were nice, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Suite 441 was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was a great place to stay. We liked the enclosed courtyard. It was very secure, which is nice when traveling with younger children. you need a room key to get into the courtyard. I also liked how all the rooms faced the courtyard.This was the second time we stayed here. We would definitely go back. The pool was nice and clean, and heated.The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The Raddison is also located in a nice area. Close to many shopping areas and resturants. We would recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in Tucson to check out the Raddison.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the warm Arizona weather and our pool area. I am also happy that you took advantage of our location and all of the shopping and restaurants in our area. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kevin Buck
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been staying at this property regularly for over 5 years as we have two children living in Tucson with their families. Being pet friendly is what brought us to the Radison originally in addition to the Sleep Number bed. The rooms are all two room suites with two sinks in the bath. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff are great, especially Olga, a wonderful lady.

The Radisson offers a buffet breakfast but we have always ordered from the menu in the Breeze. The wait staff is excellent, what a delightful group of ladies. We have become friends over the years and always look forward to our visits. Kelly, Rosie and Sallie are great. It also shows that this property does not have an employee turnover problem.
We have never had a problem with the Sleep Number bed. Whenever we have encountered a problem, the hotel has been quick to remedy the problem.

The two rooms work very well for us as I am an early riser and can go into the living room and let my wife sleep. The front desk expects me to come down between 5 and 5:30 for a cup of fresh coffee which they supply to flight crews. On our last stay, they had coffee especially for me one morning as they did not have a crew leaving early - That's service!

We love the location. Our children live in the eastern part of Tucson. There is an executive golf course next to the Radisson (par 62 - I can shoot my age!). Also there is shopping near by and outstanding places to eat within 20 minutes. Some of the art galleries are farther and the northwest side of Tucson is 3/4's of an hour away.

We will stay here several times in the coming year.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views from balcony. Pet rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!