“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Baltimore, MD
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was a really nice place to stay. We had a Groupon for a suite for 2 nights. There was a nice kitchenette, table and chairs and adjoining was a living area, with a sofa and TV. A balcony was off this living area. Nice, good sized bedroom with 2 beds was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice. It was divided into 2 parts, one for washing up and make up and the separate area contained the toilet and shower and anther sink. Really a nice place to stay in a nice area of town. Beautiful pool and hot tub in a huge lovely garden area extended courtyard. The whole garden area was surrounded by the suites. You'll really enjoy this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed our suites and grounds. We hope to see you again in the near future.

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Corozal Town, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from Nov. 5 to Dec. 8th 2012 and was very impressed. I am a paraplegic and needed a accessible room. It had a roll in shower and the bathroom was very large and easy to get around. The staff was the most impressive to me. The front desk people, mainly Mike and Eddie were extremely friendly, helpful and very professional. I was there for medical reasons and ended up having unexpected surgery on my shoulder and Mike went out of his way to help me from taking me to my appointments and picking me up, literally! My sister stayed with me most of the time except for two weeks and anything I needed from coffee to towels to laundry help, the staff was right there for me, from the maintenance help to housekeeping. Betty, who I assumed was in charge of housekeeping was a hoot and so very personable, she made me feel right at home. They had a band on Thursday nights at their restaurant which was great and the staff there too were very friendly. The landscaping was beautiful with tons of flowers. The Internet was great in the room. My main complaint was the bed. All the beds in just about every hotel I looked at, sat very high from the ground for a wheelchair user to transfer to, therefore I used the sofa bed which was easier to get in and out of, yet they do need to upgrade the matterasses' in their sofa beds. Yet again, they were extremely helpful by providing a foam pad to make it more comfortable. My sister and I were very impressed with the hotel, but mainly the staff, they really were so nice that it was a very pleasant experience and we would stay there again whenever we happen to be in Tucson. Again, THANKS to Mike and Eddie!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments. I am very glad that our staff was able to help you with all your needs. We take great care in instilling caring and helpful qualities in all of our employees and I am thrilled they all came through for you. Thank you once again for your feedback and I will let the appropriate managers know so they may thank their staff.

General Manger
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recomend this Very Nice Radisson Hotel.
During my stay it was very quiet and comfortable, besides after hard work day you need something as your home style! that's it feeling like home, where the only thing you miss is family to stay with!
The room is quiet and bed is comfortable! great sleeping time!
wood areas are great and health for non-smoke people!
whether was fantastic for this season!
Thanks for your oportunity to share this comment!
Regards
JOE CAR

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise Nice Views from higher floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our spacious rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

On the east end of town which is a ways from the main business area ( with surface roads making for a taxing commute) and a drive from the north area where the up scale restaurants are, but if East is good for you, this hotel offers good value @ close to $100. Older, but well maintained (with somewhat dated rooms..one tube TV and a 32" flat screen without a HD signal) but with sleep number beds and a very large heated pool in Dec it did present for a great stay.

Room Tip: Mountain views are best from 5th floor and at the end of the hotel closest to the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had a wonderful 9-day business stay! The hotel was great and offered a lot of amenities; pool, bar, and a really good breakfast buffet. The room was very clean, quiet and even had a sleep number bed. Once the battery was changed out, sleeping was fantastic. The staff throughout was extremely friendly and helpful, even provided me a safe route for a nice run each evening. I will stay here again the next time I’m in town.

Room Tip: Rooms in back of hotel had no street traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grayslake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel was very easy to find. Check in was super smooth and very fast. The staff was extremely friendly and polite. The grounds were REALLY nice and well kept. When we got to the room, it seemed a little dated, but not too bad. They did update the TV's to nice flat screen models.

We did have several problems here though. First, the bed - it was a good effort on the hotel to put in the adjustable mattresses, however, the mattress would deflate during the night, and in the morning we would be laying on the plywood. Next, the fixtures in the bathroom were on their last leg. The knobs for the sink made strange noises and were not even. The hot water took FOREVER to get to the shower. It was chilly when we were there (lower 40's at night) and the heat did not work (I overheard other guests complaining about this). Finally there must have been pipes in the ceiling, because we would hear what sounded noises that sounded like a toilet filling at random times throughout the morning.

The location - it depends on what your doing in Tuscon. We were there to do activities like going to Old Tucson Studios, Tombstone, etc, and this was not the best location - it is very far from the highways and there are a ton of traffic lights no matter how you get to a highway. This is also in the older part of town, so it is not as nice as other areas of Tucson.

Finally, I had prepaid for the room - so they asked to provide a credit card for 'incidentals' (which we did not have any). Well, upon checking out, they did not mention anything regarding any charges or balance due, and I discovered a $25 charge to my credit card. Not enough to make a big stink about and do a chargeback for, but definately left one final sour taste on this visit.

Also, just a final FYI - breakfast is not included. I did call the hotel beforehand and they did inform me of this, but they do not mention this anywhere unless you actually call them yourself.

Overall, if you have something going on nearby and can get a REALLY great deal, this isn't such a bad place. Otherwise, I'd look for something better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Mark,

Thank you again for your feedback and for taking the time to speak to me. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty with our bed, but please note that the hotel does have regular mattresses available, if you prefer. Currently we are in the process of updating our rooms, furniture and decor to create a more up-to-date and modern feeling. Most importantly I am glad I was able to clarify what the $25 charge was for. I am thrilled to hear you will consider retuning during a future visit to Tucson. We look forward to having you again, and I assure you we will amend our previous shortcomings.

Daniel Romero
Revenue Manager
520.239.1143
dromero@rstucson.com
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Visited Tucson for El Tour. Booked the all suite resort and its location was perfect for us.
Amazing service and room service to include fair prices....the pool is very nice. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!