“Thanksgiving trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Desert Hot Springs
“Thanksgiving trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The grounds of the hotel are lovely. We had excellent service from housekeeping, the front desk and the waitstaff at Breeze, the hotel restaurant. We had Thanksgiving dinner here and the buffet was very good. We ate by the pool and really felt like we were on vacation. There was a tub and a separate shower in the bathroom which suited us well. Our room had a balcony with an excellent view of the Catalina mountains.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am glad that you took advantage of some of our amenities and enjoyed the view from your room. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Wishing you happy holidays and a prosperous New Year.

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for business several years ago and was satisfied enough to return this year when we visited Tucson. We chose the hotel primarily because of my prior positive experience and because my husband had amassed thousands of Club Carlson points that paid for the stay.

Front desk staff were very friendly at check in, when we came and went, and at checkout. We were upgraded to an enormous suite -- larger than a 1 bedroom apartment, separate living and dining rooms, 2 bathrooms etc. -- which was incredible but obviously not representative of the typical room. The room appointments were very, very nice, including cool black & white photos of desert scenes for decoration, but again I am not sure if this is typical in the hotel. We did not use the sleep number bed (just left it on the original setting) as we can never seem to tell a difference.

Room cleaning was efficient and effective. We only visited the restaurant for coffee in the morning, but the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

We experienced no noise from other rooms or the pool even though we directly overlooked the pool area. Of course, it was too chilly for the pool to get much use during our visit! In the winter the pool is mostly shaded during much of the afternoon. Being on a higher floor gave us good mountain views, even looking south -- I think views on the east side would be spectacular.

There are many useful stores near the hotel (Trader Joe's and Starbucks are both within easy walking distance) and the hotel is well-situated to visit Sabino Canyon (highly recommended). However, getting to I-10 or the west side of town by traveling Speedway takes a LOT of patience. It's slow going, with lots of lights and crosswalks.

Overall, the hotel was a great base of operation for our 4-night stay in Tuscon.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better views, but that also means using the elevator each time you enter or...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and were able to use some of the various amenities we offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

REALLY dated interior!! Ragged furniture & curtains.
Clean enough. Probably will not choose to stay there again. The pool area was pretty but the water in the hot tub was yellow. Ick!
The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we were not able to deliver a more positive stay experience for you. We are in the process of updating our rooms, furniture and decor to create a more up-to-date and modern feeling. I hope, in the future, you will give us the opportunity to amend our previous shortcomings.

redlands california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a nice place. Roomy rooms in a suite setting. Room service was excellent. Highly recommend chicken fajitas. Restaurant buffet breakfast was very good. Friendly staff. The property is a bit dated but still nice for a mid level hotel experience.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor (fifth floor is the highest) facing the beautiful Arizona sunrise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites and had the time to take advantage of our room service. I am also very happy that you enjoyed the food and the view from your fifth floor room. Thank you again for comments.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here October 21st 2012. We planned to stay 2 nights but left after one. First, our reservation was lost, even tho I had a confirmation number they said it was for another night. Second, the room reeked of smoke even tho they said it was non-smoking. Third, the carpet was very wet, perhaps from recent cleaning? They offered us another room but there was only one room available and they wanted us to go all the way back to the office, then all the way back to the other end of the hotel to the new room - wasn't worth it and they didn't offer to help. Eddie was the desk person. Altogether an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Gillian,

Thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay. I assure you we are all service oriented here at the Radisson Suites Tucson, and train our team members to have our guests be priority. It is clear you didn’t feel that way during your visit and for that I apologize. We appreciate your feedback and will use it as an opportunity for training purposes to ensure a similar situation doesn’t reoccur. Please accept this apology on my behalf of our entire team, and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance during your next visit to Tucson. I am confident you will find our team can and will exceed your expectations.

Daniel Romero
520.239.1143
dromero@rstucson.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Even though the reviews were mainly good I did wonder what it was going to be like when I first saw it upon arrival.
We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool area and it was just great.
The room itself may be older but there was a lot of space.
Everything was clean, and housekeeping were great every day.
The restaurant was great, both for breakfast and dinner. Staff were both attentive and friendly, and food quality and portion size was very good.
The hotel covers a large area, there's a lot to see walking around it.
I would definately stay here again, maybe for longer next time as Tucson is such a great place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our property and took advantage of all the amenities we have to offer. We strive to make every guest enjoy their stay to the fullest and I am glad we delivered.
Sincerly,
Tempe, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed one night during a quick trip down to Tucson. I usually like to stay in a B&B or quaint hotel, but not having time to get one, I decided to save money with an Expedia deal to a chain hotel.
The Good: when struggling with my bags after being mis-directed by my first desk clerk, Frank, an employee, went out of his way to help me find my room and carried my bags. I wanted to tip him but had no cash.
Clerk 1. Was cold and gave me wrong directions to my room.
Clerk 2. Was rude and wouldn't help me get a tip to Frank.
Clerk 3. At close out, the Radisson couldn't even print a ZERO balance (because it was prepaid, and I have to get my receipt from Expedia to get reimbursed with) which I wanted because after all the shenanigans I wanted to make sure they didn't over charge me.

The Room - the good - nice size, okay layout, even liked the art (Black and white photos of desert plants).
The bad. Closet door broken. Sleep number bed controls were broken - sluggish on the left side and didn't work on the right side. The clerks were so unhelpful I didn't want to call about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Suites Tucson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have shared your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!