“Ragged furniture & curtains.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Ragged furniture & curtains.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

REALLY dated interior!! Ragged furniture & curtains.
Clean enough. Probably will not choose to stay there again. The pool area was pretty but the water in the hot tub was yellow. Ick!
The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we were not able to deliver a more positive stay experience for you. We are in the process of updating our rooms, furniture and decor to create a more up-to-date and modern feeling. I hope, in the future, you will give us the opportunity to amend our previous shortcomings.

Kevin Buck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
redlands california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a nice place. Roomy rooms in a suite setting. Room service was excellent. Highly recommend chicken fajitas. Restaurant buffet breakfast was very good. Friendly staff. The property is a bit dated but still nice for a mid level hotel experience.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor (fifth floor is the highest) facing the beautiful Arizona sunrise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites and had the time to take advantage of our room service. I am also very happy that you enjoyed the food and the view from your fifth floor room. Thank you again for comments.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here October 21st 2012. We planned to stay 2 nights but left after one. First, our reservation was lost, even tho I had a confirmation number they said it was for another night. Second, the room reeked of smoke even tho they said it was non-smoking. Third, the carpet was very wet, perhaps from recent cleaning? They offered us another room but there was only one room available and they wanted us to go all the way back to the office, then all the way back to the other end of the hotel to the new room - wasn't worth it and they didn't offer to help. Eddie was the desk person. Altogether an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Gillian,

Thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay. I assure you we are all service oriented here at the Radisson Suites Tucson, and train our team members to have our guests be priority. It is clear you didn’t feel that way during your visit and for that I apologize. We appreciate your feedback and will use it as an opportunity for training purposes to ensure a similar situation doesn’t reoccur. Please accept this apology on my behalf of our entire team, and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance during your next visit to Tucson. I am confident you will find our team can and will exceed your expectations.

Daniel Romero
520.239.1143
dromero@rstucson.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Even though the reviews were mainly good I did wonder what it was going to be like when I first saw it upon arrival.
We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool area and it was just great.
The room itself may be older but there was a lot of space.
Everything was clean, and housekeeping were great every day.
The restaurant was great, both for breakfast and dinner. Staff were both attentive and friendly, and food quality and portion size was very good.
The hotel covers a large area, there's a lot to see walking around it.
I would definately stay here again, maybe for longer next time as Tucson is such a great place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our property and took advantage of all the amenities we have to offer. We strive to make every guest enjoy their stay to the fullest and I am glad we delivered.
Sincerly,
Tempe, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed one night during a quick trip down to Tucson. I usually like to stay in a B&B or quaint hotel, but not having time to get one, I decided to save money with an Expedia deal to a chain hotel.
The Good: when struggling with my bags after being mis-directed by my first desk clerk, Frank, an employee, went out of his way to help me find my room and carried my bags. I wanted to tip him but had no cash.
Clerk 1. Was cold and gave me wrong directions to my room.
Clerk 2. Was rude and wouldn't help me get a tip to Frank.
Clerk 3. At close out, the Radisson couldn't even print a ZERO balance (because it was prepaid, and I have to get my receipt from Expedia to get reimbursed with) which I wanted because after all the shenanigans I wanted to make sure they didn't over charge me.

The Room - the good - nice size, okay layout, even liked the art (Black and white photos of desert plants).
The bad. Closet door broken. Sleep number bed controls were broken - sluggish on the left side and didn't work on the right side. The clerks were so unhelpful I didn't want to call about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Daniel R, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Suites Tucson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have shared your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is older but very clean. Each room is a two room sweet. I read where someone complained about the noise of the exhaust fan but let me tell you, I will put up with that noise for a fan that works so well I can use the mirror to put on make-up immediately after a shower. There is a second space with another sink and mirror making it perfect for two people having separate space to get ready for go. I will stay here again. Plenty of space to sew in your off time and we even had a little dinner party. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and am very happy you enjoyed our spacious suites and property. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Based on our 1 night stay, my wife and I felt this was basically a nice place which needed some brightening up. The pool area is clean with good beds and the bar terrace is great. Reception is a bit bare and the rooms are showing their age. Our suite had a very very comfortable bed, but colours and bathroom looked dated. We dined in the restaurant/bar. It was almost empty on this Wednesday night and felt soulless. We were told happy hour was 5 to 8 at checkin, but then told it was 4 to 7 when we got to the bar itself. Mind you chopping $1 off a beer doesnt constitute much of a 'Happy Hour' in our book.
Being European Radisson fans, overall we were disappointed. We wouldn't stay here again. There must be better locally

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!