“Beautiful grounds, great service, overall a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful grounds, great service, overall a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here with my girlfriend this past weekend as part of a wedding party. The hotel is a rather large property circumscribing a beautiful atrium containing a restaurant, pool, hot tub, and relaxing courtyard (as well as tiny little lizards running around, but I consider that a plus), all open-air and well maintained.

Rooms are spacious, clean, and well-equipped.

Breakfast was delicious and while we were fortunate enough to be provided complimentary vouchers as part of the wedding deal, I don't think I would have purchased the food there as it was very expensive.

A great thing is that you're able to buy drinks at the bar, and bring them poolside or to the hot tub with you, and you can also charge them to your room so as not to have to have any cash with you. Unfortunately, they then undermine the usefulness of this by making you show ID - odds are if I'm going to charge it to my room it's because I'm wearing a bathing suit and don't have anything on me. What would be great is if the front desk could scan your ID or something, and communicate to the bar "guests of room number XYZ are cleared for alcohol purchase" or something to that effect. It's a minor complaint but if they did do that it would be absolutely fantastic.

That being said I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your overnight, and found the breakfast and amenities enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the poolside service and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I am very happy with my stay at the Radisson hotel. Check in was very easy and beautiful hotel and surroundings. Got into my room, and there was a used tissue sitting on the sofa, but other than that it is great! Room is nice and large, with detached bedroom area. Two tvs, however the remotes aren't very good, takes a strong push to change stations. The rooms are equipped with Sleep Number beds, not as comfortable as I had hoped and heard about. Beautiful courtyard with pool, jaccuzi, fountains, lush vegetation, etc. I am here with a wedding party and one room did have issues with the drain lines clogging. However the hotel quickly fixed the issues and everything is fine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding. Thank you for your feedback on the remotes, we will look into them further. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite, the quiet, the well kept spacious interior courtyard pool jacuzzi and sitting areas were a pleasant place to relax and enjoy the late afternoon and outside evening hours. The staff is friendly and helpful, too. On site restaurant and bar, they offer free passes to Gold's gym nearby which I used. Room decor and bath fixtures tho well kept could use an update. Nice to have a fridge and hidden away microwave in room too. Shower nozzle was kind of dribbly and could use replacing. Here is my only complaint : Why does the hotel whisk away the free lobby coffee at 6 a.m. on weekdays ?? Not everyone gets up that early, frankly this strikes me as downright stingy and cheap on the hotel's part. Leave the free coffee on the table until at least 9 a.m., and there is no free coffee at all on Sat. and Sun. mornings ! Take away the bottled waters, granola bars, and apples if you must. But come on : putting out a pot of coffee and milk costs the hotel only pennies, stop being so cheap ! Stop being so unhospitable with the lobby coffee ! Leave the coffee out until at leat 9 a.m. 7 days a week ! I don't like the awful room coffee ! Or, consider upgrading the room coffee maker with Starbucks or at least something that tastes like real coffee !

Room Tip: beware of rooms at the far end of the hotel it can be a long walk to the lobby and pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I am sorry to hear of the coffee and shower issues that came up regarding your stay. We will be reviewing with our staff about procedures and will make changes if necessary. If there is anything else I can do for you please contact me directly, so that we can discuss this in further detail.

Bruce Richardson
Director of Sales and Marketing
(520) 239-1109
brichardson@rstucson.com
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We live in suburban Tucson. We don't normally stay in our own city at a hotel or motel, but due to a medical procedure near St. Joseph's hospital, the Radisson was the best choice. We also enjoy staying at Carlson properties around the country. We were not disappointed. It is true that the property is aging and hopefully will undergo some sort of renovation soon, but this hotel has an abundance of character. We truly appreciated the accommodating staff and observed their display of care and genuine concern for the guests. A recent visitor from Minneapolis explained the layout of the suites, so I shall not repeat, but we do concur with the description. My wife and I appreciated the extra room, the comfort and the quiet.

Room Tip: Higher floors, east side, great view of the mountains and a neighborhood golf course
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your review. We are very happy to hear that you found the Radisson Suites Tucson a comfortable and enjoyable place to stay during your visit to St. Joseph's Hospital.

We're glad our staff made you feel welcome. We truly care about the comfort and experience of each of our guests, and always strive to make each stay a pleasant one.

We appreciate you choosing the Radisson Suites Tucson, and hope to see you again in the future - this time for pleasure!
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Radisson Suites while we were moving our son into his college dorm room at the University of Arizona. Although it is an older Radisson, thats were the negatives end. The staff is very accomodating and easy to work with. If you have a request, it is met with a smile and is immediately addressed (we needed more pillows and extras glasses) - it took 5 minutes for the items to arrive.
The rooms are clean and very spacious. We were on the 5th floor and had great sunset views. You have a patio with a couple chairs to sit on. The rooms have everything you need. Fridge, Microwave, Double sink vanity, sleep number beds, a separate living room with a TV and the separate bedroom with a flatscreen. We were very happy with all the amenities. On our next trip, we did request the rooms on the other side of the hotel on the 5th floor because they have spectacular views of the mountains. Although we liked the sunset from our side, the other side is really more beautiful.
The pool area is great and very well taken care of. They really go out of their way to make sure the grounds are well kept and beautiful. The restuarant is nice to have on site and the staff is great. The lobby has fresh fruit all day and also fresh lemonade. A real nice touch especially if your checking in and need a snack or in the morning if you dont feel like a big breakfast.
The location is awesome. Although we were about 15 minutes from the UofA - it worked out great for us. I would not have wanted to be at the Sharaton or the Mariott which is very close to the U. It gets very congested around there and is not as nice as the Radisson. We were very central to everything as far as shops and resturants. I would like to give a big recommendation for Jonathon's Cork resturant which is less than 1/2 a mile from Hotel.
All said, I would highly recommend this hotel for the amenities and the location. Most importantly the staff. We have already booked our reservation here for the end of September for the UofA Family Weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
rstucson, Management Representative at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your great review. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you are coming back so soon!

We're glad you found your accommodations very clean and spacious, and that you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer in each of our guest rooms. We're also glad you found our staff friendly and responsive - they truly are an essential component in making sure our guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you for noting the location in regards to the University of Arizona, and things to do within the area. We're glad you were able to take the straight shot down Speedway to our hotel to escape the congestion surrounding the U of A.

Thank you so much for your recommendation, and we'll look forward to seeing you in about a month!
Flagstaff, Arizona by way of Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

As an archaeologist I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in many obscure parts of the Southwest. I stayed at the Radisson for a conference. The service was good, the room was clean, the pool was very nice, and the grounds were nice. In many ways a hotel is a hotel and this one is pretty standard. But this one was nicer than many and I would recommend it. The location is on the far east side of town which is great for access to the desert but it is pretty far removed from town and the restaurants nearby are mostly chains or chain-like.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our friendly service, cleanliness and grounds. We strive very hard to ensure our guests have a great experience, and we're glad to see that you recommend us.

We are located in the east part of Tucson, and you're right, we are very conveniently located to some renowned desert "must-sees", such as Sabino Canyon, Saguaro National Park, and endless hiking trails. We do have several restaurants and shopping venues within the area, some chains, but also some that are independent Tucson gems that have been here for quite some time. Next time you're with us, ask us for some recommendations, and we'll show you some Tucson Original restaurants that are even within walking distance, or within our complimentary hotel shuttle radius.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is the 2nd or 3rd time that I have stayed at this hotel where i have been over billed and hold's for incidental expenses take an incredibly long time to post back into your account. This time I was over charged for a full night's stay even though my company was invoiced for the $206 for all 3 nights I was there. I just got a text from another co-worker, one of 100 or so of us who stayed there for a conference, they over charged his bank account the hold plus all 3 days we were there, totaled 300 now his checks are bouncing. I had called over the weekend 4 times trying to reach a manager only to be told they would be in later, then told they will be in after 3. So today I called after 3 and they told me to call between 7am and 3pm tomorrow. I left my name and number and told the girl to have the manager deal with the charge and then call me back and this is what she said "If she doesn't call you back just call during those hours!" Give me a break! OMG worst customer service I have ever received at any hotel anywhere! It makes me wonder if they intentionally over charge people because they can't pay their bills! Oh and another thing I stayed there on a non-business trip last Winter and they didn't turn any of the heat on in the hotel until after 7pm.... my room was freezing to the point my teeth were chattering.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
rstucson, Director of Sales at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear of the issues that came up regarding your stay. Please contact me directly, so that we can discuss this in further detail.

Bruce Richardson
Director of Sales and Marketing
(520) 239-1109
brichardson@rstucson.com

Been to Radisson Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!