“A Very Pleasant, Quiet Hotel with a Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
California
“A Very Pleasant, Quiet Hotel with a Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Tucson, Sabino Canyon Comfort Suites in January 2013 and it was a wonderful exprerience. The staff was always gracious and friendly and went out of their way to greet me, to answer questions and to deal with the few minor issues that came up. The room was exceptionally clean and well made-up and the minor but distant noises I did hear were not distracting nor disturbing to my sleep. The only possible complaints I could have was that there was no clock in the room and the eggs/bacon at breakfast were pretty pathetic, but everyone thing else was fantastic. I'd happily stay at this hotel again. The price was a terrific value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel with 4 water fountain courtyards. I am also glad you enjoyed a wonderful night sleep in our spacious rooms.

Our guests always love our convenient location close to the Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon where they enjoy hiking and biking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff was wonderful, complimentary breakfast was fine, room was large and clean. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it was a great value for our purpose (we were visiting friends and did not spend much time here) and we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our, Hacienda style hotel. I am very please to hear your stay with us was relaxing and enjoyable.

La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After a day at the Arizona-Sonora desert Museum and driving through the Saguaro National Park West we heaed to our room. From the hotel photos we saw on the web we thought this hotel was in a quiet, remote location. The hotel is located in a very busy area with lot's of businesses around. Once you get inside it is very peacful and decorated quite nicely. When we checked in we put our stuff in our room and then went down by the pool for some cheap $2 beer, $3 margaritas, free pretzels, chips and salsa. Afterwards we went to the check-in desk to ask for a reccomendation for dinner. We were looking for Mexican/Southwest since it was out last night and they suggested Guadalahara. Great food with salsa made right at your table! Upon our return we had a very quiet nights sleep in our king bed. Next morning we had the free breakfast and headed to Saguaro National Park East before flying back home. We paid $63.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our "Hidden Jewel ", Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed a wonderfull night slepp in our king bed room. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed our happy hour by the pool, which is offered dayily.

Maplewood Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent 6 nights here in early Dec. because of the illness of a family member. Everything was perfect. The staff is VERY friendly and accommodating. The breakfast had an omlette unlike other hotels which offer scrambled eggs. The facility has open courtyards which we found so pretty in December since we are from Minnesota. Also, the Christmas decorations were beautiful. We highly recommend the Comfort Suites in general and the Sabino Canyon location in particular.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel. Our Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am very happy to hear you had a great stay and you had a chance to enjoy our beautifull setting of the courtyard and enjoyed our christmas decor.

Chama, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We spent 3 nights here recently in a suite with 2 doubles and a pull out sofa. Loved the hot tub and pool as the weather was rainy and cold the whole time. The kids spent most of the time in the pool and it was a very nice temperature.
The location is a bit 'strange', it doesn't look quite right for a hotel. Once you find the lobby (it doesn't face the road) it is really quite nice.
Breakfast in the morning was good. Lots of choices and a good chance to fill up until lunch time.
The only complaint was the pull out sofa-bed was really uncomfortable, but then again, when aren't they?
Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel. Our Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed our spacious suites with a sofa bed, which is offered in all our suites. I am very pleased to hear your kids also enjoyed our outdoor heated pool in the rain.

Taylorsville, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed in the King Suite (it was only $5 more than a regular king room) It was worth it for the extra space with a small sofa, dining table and seperate sink from the bathroom. Our room over looked the pool and hottub courtyard, which both looked very inviting except it was a little to cold for us to take advantage of them the night we were in town. "Happy Hour" was perfect because we were very tired after a very long day of driving and sight seeing so it was nice to go downstairs and unwind and grab a few cheap drinks and snack on some chips and salsa since we were to worn out to go anywhere. If the weather was better it would've been perfect to decompress with a drink in the pool/hottub. Breakfast was ok with omelets, bacon, waffles, cereal, yogurt, etc.
I was concerned that some of the reviews mentioned it being in a strip mall which I thought was odd but once we got into the lobby and checked in and seen our rooms all of that was forgotten and I don't think it affected our stay at all.
My one and only small complaint is that the pillows are square. I would've slept better if I had a rectangular pillow that I'm use to always have had slept with all my life. While there were plenty of pillows, I just found them awkward.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
tucsoncs, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our "Hidden Jewel ", Hacienda style hotel with wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed our spacious suites with a sofa bed, which is offered in all our suites. Our happy hour by the pool side which is offered daily for your enjoyment.

Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I usually stay over by I10 but decided to have a change of scenery and chose a suite here instead. The rooms are set around courtyards which is pleasant, with the sound of the fountains adding to the ambiance.

My suite was large, well appointed with a kitchenette, sofa & bed. The bathroom was perfectly functional. I was in the courtyard closest to the road but, despite it being quite busy, I had no noise disturbance, even with the window ajar.

As a non-drinker, I didn't partake in the happy hour. The hotel seemed to attract the older clientèle (there was a tour bus stopping there so that may have accounted for that).

The wifi worked perfectly well. There appears to be one for each courtyard as I logged into the 100's one and there were others e.g. the 400's etc.

The breakfast wasn't bad. For any fellow veggies, beware the omelettes! They look plain but when you open them, they have ham in the middle. There was plenty of other choice there so I didn't go hungry. Sometimes, it's just nice to have a hot item other than waffles or toast!!!

Overall, it represented good value for money. I paid less for a suite than I would have done for an ordinary room at my usual stay. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the uniqueness of our Hacienda style hotel, and our wounder full courtyards with water fountain. I am also glad you enjoyed our spacious suites with a sofa bed in all our suites. We also offer daily happy hour by the pool side for your enjoyment.

Been to Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon? Share your experiences!