“Decent Hotel But.........” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Decent Hotel But.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Ive stayed at this hotel 4 times during the last 6 months for college visits and then college orientation and lastly dropping my son off for school. The hotel itself is a pretty nice place, the rooms are nothing special, They are a little dated but clean and roomy. The only issue i have (and its a big one) is every single time I stay here the room smells like a sewer. The smell comes and goes (or maybe you just get used to it) I am shocked that I have not read another review that has smelled this? at first I thought it was the room but after 4 stays I am certain its the hotel plumbing and not the room itself. We heard a kid in the hallway during my stay last week say why does this room always smell like $#!7.

The staff has always been top notch all the way down to the Valet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Richmond VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I had the pleasure of visiting Tucson earlier this year. We found the hotel not only clean and comfortable, but the asst. night manager went out of his way to help us to our room. I was travelling with my two young children and we arrived way past their bedtime, they were fussy and sleepy and didn't want to cooperate with me. Mr. Taylor saw that I was struggling and offered to carry my bags. Our visit lasted 5 days and 4 nights and hospitality exceeded my expectations every day. Not only would I stay at this hotel again, but when in Tucson next, it will be my preference.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I would be remiss if I did not compliment Otha on his highly developed customer relationship skills. I have the pleasure of staying at this hotel weekly, and I can say that I truly look forward to my stays as Otha oversee's that every detail in my profile is cared for. He is a pleasure to work with and his attention to detail is bar none. Thank you Otha for the attention to detail that you pay to me personally that keeps me coming back to the Marriott when I have other choices readily available.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

My brother and I stayed at the Marriott for a week of golfing. I live in Phoenix and my brother came down from Philidelphia. Had a great time witht he help of the Asst Night Manager. He was knowledable of the local golf courses and best way to get around the town. He and his staff took care of all of our needs with a smile. Great stay and lots of fun. My brother comes down once a year and we'll come back . Thanks again to Mr. Taylor and his staff.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
INDIANA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Stayed at marriott may 31st through june 6th. The hotel is located right next to the unversity of arizona. It is the closest hotel to the unversity as it is a block away from the bookstore and 2 to 3 blocks away from start of campus. Check-in was easy staff very friendly and we got to room quickly. Overall the hotel was nice but not worth the price they listed on their website. I would strongly advise everyone to use priceline if you want to stay here as it saved us half of the normal nightly rate. The week we stayed was good few issues as the ice machine on our floor broke down and we were promised a usa today daily which we got 3 days of our 7 day stay I can overlook to a certain extent. I have no need to go back to tucson again so I won't be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

A few friends and I went to Tuscon for a weekend and were greatly satisfied with the Marriott. It definitely lived up to the standard expected by Marriott.

It was a bit difficult to find but that's our fault. While parking was off-site in a parking garage, this wasn't that much of an inconvenience since it was right across the street. Besides, this was overseen once we saw what the Marriot offerred.

When you first walk into the lobby, you're met with a lavish display of vegetation that demands attention. It's really something you'd expect to see in a botanical garden or something. Really impressive. The decor within the hotel is appealing since the interior is shaped like a triangle. There is also a gift shop (which we didn't use) and a really good business center located in the lobby. The restaurant seemed like a nice place to eat but we didn't use it. It did have an outdoor eating area though. We did use the bar in the lobby and it's definitely a place to grab a quick drink on your way out or back in. The staff was professional during the entire stay starting from check-in.

The rooms were Marriott-adequate and very spacious. Also the price actually suprised us when we checked in which is always great.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. It is a short walk from 4th avenue and where all the fun is. It is also really close to UofA which adds to its location value.

I really like Tucson which may lead towards a little bit of bias, but I would definitely stay here again. It's in a great location and the prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Your tipical big chain hotel - large rooms, clean but very sterile and lacking soul. However the staff is extremely friendly and the location is just great, especially if you have university related business. Loads of bars, restaurants, and museums in easy walking distance.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Tucson Marriott University Park? Share your experiences!