“Comfortable, Quiet, Excellent Location” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
New Mexico
“Comfortable, Quiet, Excellent Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed one night at this Marriott, at the edge of the U of Az campus. The employees I encountered were all friendly and helpful. Although my room was directly adjacent to the elevators, and my stay was on a Friday night, I had a very quiet and restful stay. The hotel is located within walking distance not only to campus, but also many restaurants in the area. It is also across the street from the university parking garage (which is where the valet will park you, if you use them). Staying on a weekend meant my parking was free. The furnishings in the room were very comfortable, the toiletries provided were Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Orange Ginger, so that felt (and smelled) nice too! I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have business in Tucson.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are happy that you had a enjoyable and restful stay and hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel, what can you say, it's a Marriott, can never go wrong with a Marriott. The location of this hotel was excellent, close to the airport, close to shopping, very well situated. The rooms were very big and clean. Absolutely loved the balcony, we sat in the early evening with a glass of wine and watched the sun go down over the mountains, absolutely stunning.

Room Tip: The one thing that I would suggest is that when booking, request a room with a balcony, not all room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words in your review. Many of our guests enjoy the location we have that is so close to the University of Arizona and we are very pleased that you did also. We hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me start by saying the staff at this property is of the highest quality. I work in the hospitality industry and was very impressed. I originally got this room for my mother who is undergoing treatment ant the UofA Medical Center, but I ended up staying a few nights myself. The Front Desk Manager showed an extremely high level of professionalism event when it came to correcting a situation my family brought upon themselves. I have gained a great deal of respect for how the staff helped my mother in her time of need, they were always ready to jump in and help whenever necessary. I would highly recommend this property for anyone who is visiting the Tucson area. My thank you to everyone at the Tucson Marriott University Park!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff. It's very nice to know that they were able rectify a situation that occured. We certainly send our best wishes to your Mother and hope that you both have a great New Year.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been going to Tucson for business trips for weeks at a time and every time I try my hardest to get into the University Park Marriott. Rooms and facilities are clean and desk clerks are very helpful. Although my most favorite part of the hotel is the Sonoma Bar staff. For a drink after work, its the best. The bartenders Jason and Chantelle always provide the best service possible and they can mix drinks that are amazing. The wait staff is also top notch, specifically Chad and Jesse. Two really great guys who always try and make your dinner service top notch. The manager, Sam, is what keeps them all going and is very upbeat and offers the best customer service I can imagine. Together the group is top notch and I have never had a bad experience. I highly recommend this establishment if you ever have to stay in the Tucson area.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on higher levels as the large atrium reverberates sounds from the lobby fairly easi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and especially in the lounge. The lounge staff works very hard at trying to deliver a great guest service experience and we find it rewarding when our guests feel that we have exceeded their expectations. We hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again very soon and we really appreciate your patronage.
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. Every employee I encountered, at any time of the day or evening, greeted me with a smile and "hello" as we encountered each other, even when we were just passing each other. The facilities were well maintained throughout the building, from my room, to the public areas and the conference rooms. They catered a superb banquet for our group. Since it's located along the UA campus there are literally dozens of restaurants to choose from, all reasonably priced. I just encountered my first negative with this review (not the Hotels's fault). It looks like I have to join trip advisor or add it to my FB account in order to submit this review, and I don't care for that.

Room Tip: No one in our group commented on comparative advantages of the different room locations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is very rewarding for our staff to hear when a guest of ours truly enjoys their experience. We sincerely hope that you have another opportunity to stay with us again. We hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Marriott is a fair price, very neat and clean and the most convenient location. We were there to see our son at Uof A and we were only a 1 minute walk to his dorm. We did not hear any noise at night as some have mentioned. This is so convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are very happy you had a good stay and that you found our location to your liking. Many of our guests enjoy the fact that we are so close to the University of Arizona. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Bear Down Wildcats!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Recently taped a bunch of interviews in one of their meeting rooms. We had lots of room and it was pretty quiet, unless people talked loudly, walking right past doors. We were very comfortable there all day.

Mainly I was impressed with the staff. One man offered to help us load in, without even asking. The A/V guy was very helpful. The waitress at lunch was very cheerful, helpful and friendly (their buffet was excellent). Front desk staff very helpful and courteous, the bellmen were great.
I always enjoy visiting or working on projects at the Marriott University Park.

Keep it up, and Thank You, folks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We really appreciate you telling us how our staff members were able to accommodate your needs while you were filming at the hotel. It was a pleasure to read your review to the staff at an associate meeting, as they take a lot of pleasure by getting recognized as being guest focused. We hope that we have anopportunity to serve you again in the not to distant future, have a great New Year.

Been to Tucson Marriott University Park? Share your experiences!