We stayed here in order to walk to the UA Stadium for the ASU-UA game the day after Thanksgiving. I lived in Tucson in the past and really don't know of any hotel with such an ideal location for such an event. You can walk the campus, plenty of family oriented restraurants that serve good drinks, tap beer and okay food. But I have to give the Marrriot only an average for the following reason: the place is cheap!
By cheap, I mean, they kind of nickle and dime you. Want a rollaway? "$15.00." WiFi: "oh yeah, we have it, for a fee." Parking? "the garage next door is usually open for a fee, sometimes free, hopefully not full." They do have valet that is really worth the cost for this reason, but what a bunch of goof balls working it. Did they hire the rejects from Gentle Ben's? There are only two elevators for the entire hotel (no ground floor units) and they are super slow. There is no stairway in the evening so feel free to hurry up and wait.
The room was okay, but could have been cleaner. It was a bit dated, but we were there for the game so it served a great purpose. However, the atrium style of design lends to a noisy evening post-game and post bar closure.
The front desk staff was very good. The restaurant was also very good. We did not visit the lounge area but the folks there seemed to be enjoying themselves.
In short, this is a very good place to stay if you plan on spending some time on campus: ball games; parent's weekeend; homecoming; student orientation; whatever. Otherwise, there are good handful of other places I'd stay at in Tucson over TMUP.
- Also Known As:
- Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Marriott University Park Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the main gate of The University of Arizona, the Tucson Marriott University Park is the ideal hotel if you're staying in Tucson for business or pleasure. Just steps from the front door is Tucson's most vibrant social and cultural neighborhood: over 30 restaurants, shopping, touring Broadway shows, and 4 museums (perfect for the off-site function without the transportation cost!). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Tucson Marriott University Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.