“Made me happy” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Crestview, FL
“Made me happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would give this hotel any less than excellent ratings. I could not stop smiling when I arrived here, because the open lobby reminded me of the Contemporary Hotel at Walt Disney World. That, combined with the cleanliness, top-notch furnishings, and accommodations to my every need, have compelled me to this hotel a five-star rating! I guess some people are just too critical or feel too entitled to appreciate this lovely place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
It is very rewarding for our staff when we receive a review like yours because it let's them know what a great job they have done and that has contributed to a wonderful experience for our our guests. I see that you are from NW Florida which is a great part of the country, it was my pleasure to work for a couple of years in the Fort Walton Beach area and it was an enjoyable experience. I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the not to distant future. Have a great Holiday and a Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Tucson Marriott for business for 7 days. I was delighted by how close the location was to the University of Arizona campus, a beautiful place to walk or run. I was impressed by how clean my room was, and the hotel staff was courteous and helpful. The fitness center is up-to-date, and the lobby is very nice. There are plenty of meeting locations, and the hotel bar has a nice selection of local beers. Many restaurants nearby are within walking distance, as is night life. All in all, a great choice for a business or personal hotel stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's very rewarding indeed when our guests notice how hard our Housekeepers work to keep the guest rooms so clean. We are happy that you found our location full of activities that you could enjoy. We hope hat when you are in Tucson again that we wil have an opportunity to serve you again. Happy Holidays.
Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife the I spend two day at the hotel previewing the hotel and the Tucson area preparing for the 2014 National Family and Community Education (FCE) Conference that will be held in July of 2014. Our room was outstanding. The facilities were great and the staff was extremely friendly.
The shops and stores around the hotel were a place a person could browse for hours. A person could not go wrong staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Tucson University Park Marriott. I believe the members of your conference will enjoy the wide variety of things to do in the immediate area when your conference meets in 2014. Thank you for the kind words, have a wonderful Holiday season and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is best located for access to the university square - lots of restaurants to choose from.
The hotel is very clean and the staff is helpful. Tucson is a city that requires transportation to get to any place outside of the University square- nothing within walking distance such as a mall or fine dining. However, there are plenty of nice eateries and museums within walking distance.Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Did Not eat at the hotel or use the spa
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Tucson University Park Marriott. We feel very fortunate to have a location that provides so many different options when looking for things to do. I hope that we have anotheropportunity to serve you soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staff here is poorly trained and uninformed -- smiles galore, but nothing behind those facades! The decor above the first floor has a decided "Auschwitz" feel. Any hotel stay should be about more than just the beds! For the money, this should be far better.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I am sorry that you did not find our staff trained to your satisfaction, we were very busy during the University of Arizona's Homecoming Weekend and we endeavored to prepare our team to meet our guest's needs. I met with many guests that weekend who had a great time enjoying the festivities of Homecoming. We are always disappointed when we do not meet or exceed our guest's expectations. In four years at this property I have only received positive feedback on our hotel's decor. I'm sure you will be happy to know that we plan a major lobby renovation in 2013 and I hope you will visit our hotel again.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I traveled for business and stayed 2 nights in Mariott University Tucson. First of all, their beds are the best I've ever slept on - hands down!! I'll get the same bed setup and linens in my house, I swear! The hotel is pretty big, but we stayed in a quiet wing and had a great night rest. All the staff is well trained, very friendly and professional! We didn't have a refrigerator in the room, but got it immediately upon request. On the check out day we requested a late check out at 1 pm and got it with no problem. We were late for buffet breakfast, but made it on time for breakfast a la carte - wasn't cheap, but the quality of food, service and convenience definitely made up for it! They also have very beautiful fitness center and swimming pool, although a bit shallow - only 4 feet. The only downside was the WiFi in the room - it's not free, so we had to settle for weak signal from some available network, and no oversized parking. With our rig ( big van and utility trailer) we couldn't fit it in the adjacent parking garage and had to park on paid parking lot ($11 per day for parking space). We would have stayed longer as we had business in Tuscon, but parking and Internet convenience were crucial to us. Otherwise, it's a great place to travel for business!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you have another opportunity to visit us again very soon in Tucson. Unfortunately, we do not own the parking facility next to the hotel so there is a daily charge for parking. In addition, we recently upgraded our internet to increase bandwidth and although there is a charge most of our guests appreciate that this service is now faster. Thank you for staying at the Tucson University Park Marriott!
New Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott for a conference. My room was quite comfortable. I enjoyed the change in colors of the view of the mountains from my room. It's quite close to the main university section that contains lots of restaurants and bars and also within easy walking distance of campus.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TucsonMarriott, General Manager at Tucson Marriott University Park, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We are very pleased that you had a successful conference and that you enjoyed our facility. We hope that you have another opportunity to visit the Tucson area again soon. Happy Holidays.

Been to Tucson Marriott University Park? Share your experiences!